Author Topic: Ralph Nader Calls Hillary a 'Coward'  (Read 578 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ralph Nader Calls Hillary a 'Coward'
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
It's funny, but liberals have to pay attention to this guy.  He can impact the race. 

Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:06 a.m. EDT
Ralph Nader Calls Hillary a 'Coward'

In what could be a looming nightmare for Democrats, Ralph Nader said he is seriously considering running for president again in 2008 – calling front-runner Hillary Clinton a "political coward.”

"The two parties are still converging,” he declared in an interview with Roger Simon of politico.com.

"I really think there needs to be more competition from outside the two parties . . .

"What third parties can do is bring young people in, set standards on how to run a presidential election and keep the progressive agenda in front of the people. And maybe tweak a candidate here and there in the major parties.”

Nader offered praise for two very dark horses in the 2008 race, Republican Ron Paul and Democrat Mike Gravel, but he strongly criticized Hillary.

"She is a political coward,” he said. "She goes around pandering to powerful interest groups on the one hand and flattering general audiences on the other.

"She doesn’t even have the minimal political fortitude of her husband.”

Many Democrats still blame Nader for siphoning votes away from Al Gore in 2000 and helping to elect George Bush. Nader got only 2.74 percent of the popular vote as the Green Party candidate, but he received 97,448 votes in Florida – a state Gore lost by just 537 votes.
Chris Lehane, who worked on Gore’s presidential campaign, told politico.com about Nader’s possible candidacy: "His entry into the race, even to those who voted for him in 2000, would be just another vainglorious effort to promote himself at the expense of the best interests of the public.”

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/6/21/121007.shtml

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Ralph Nader Calls Hillary a 'Coward'
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:58:14 PM »
Chris Lehane, who worked on Gore’s presidential campaign, told politico.com about Nader’s possible candidacy: "His entry into the race, even to those who voted for him in 2000, would be just another vainglorious effort to promote himself at the expense of the best interests of the public.”
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/6/21/121007.shtml
I don't know that I agree with what Lehane is saying about Nader.  I've long since advocated (actually thought it was going to happen after the 2000 election) for a third party to jump into the equation.  Guess enough folks haven't been fed up enough with the two parties we have now. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 01:30:45 PM »
I don't know that I agree with what Lehane is saying about Nader.  I've long since advocated (actually thought it was going to happen after the 2000 elecgtion) for a third party to jump into the equation.  Guess enough folks haven't been fed up enough with the two parties we have now. 

Yep.  I'm all in favor of a third party.  Part of the problem is it takes such an enormous amount of money to run a 50-state campaign that only guys like Perot and Bloomberg who can finance their campaign have any real shot.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:35:50 PM »
Yep.  I'm all in favor of a third party.  Part of the problem is it takes such an enormous amount of money to run a 50-state campaign that only guys like Perot and Bloomberg who can finance their campaign have any real shot.   
So true.   :-\  There's so much money tied to both of the two major parties.