Author Topic: QUEENS MAN BUSTED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY  (Read 1521 times)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
QUEENS MAN BUSTED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY
« on: June 22, 2007, 09:23:40 AM »
QUEENS MAN BUSTED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY

Acting on a tip from an anonymous caller, ASPCA Humane Law Enforcement agents arrested Jamel Carter of Queens for animal cruelty after discovering four starved and extremely emaciated dogs last month in Carter’s backyard. Arresting officer Paul Lai caught up with Carter on May 22 at Brooklyn Criminal Court, where he was facing a judge about outstanding, unrelated drug charges. Carter also has an outstanding warrant for a domestic violence charge. "Once again, we have an example of the relationship between animal and human abuse," says the ASPCA’s Joseph Pentangelo, Assistant Director, Humane Law Enforcement.

Carter, 23, was charged with three counts of animal cruelty and three counts of abandoning an animal. He faces up to six years in prison and a $12,000 fine. The four dogs—an adult pit bull mix and three puppies—were rushed to the ASPCA’s Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital for emergency life-saving treatment. One puppy, comatose and near death with a body temperature of 80 degrees, received intensive treatment that included intravenous fluids, blood transfusions and oxygen. Sadly, the adult dog did not survive—but the three puppies have recovered and are currently being evaluated for adoption.

Without timely intervention, there is little doubt that all four dogs would have died. To report animal abuse in New York City, please contact the ASPCA's anonymous tip line at (877) THE-ASPCA. To learn how to report cruelty elsewhere, visit our Report Cruelty section. (http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cruelty_report)

and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: QUEENS MAN BUSTED FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »
  I will never understand why people let their animals starve to death instead of surrendering them? 

This is why I like animals so much better than people.
   >:(

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:33:44 AM »
  I will never understand why people let their animals starve to death instead of surrendering them? 

This is why I like animals so much better than people.
   >:(

Haha, I've never thought of you as a "people person" Flubber.  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:34:59 AM »

Haha, I've never thought of you as a "people person" Flubber.  ;D

Good!  Cause most time I don't want to be associated with people!    :P

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »
If I was poor....it's not hard (even in NYC) to come across food.

Hell....I would be jumping in dumpsters behind restaurants or something.  Sure...it's not the best food....but would be better than having them starve to death.