Author Topic: Jan Tana update  (Read 12818 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Jan Tana update
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:08:21 PM »
The prejudging is complete and there is a short break before tonight's finals. The NPC portion flew by and we actually had enough time to eat. I had to grab a slice, New York pizza is the best you'll find. The pro portion could had started at 11, but it was scheduled for 2pm. Tonight will fly by. Props to my man Will for getting the pics up so quickly. We're rockin the coverage again for everyone.

It looks like your top 5 in figure, no particular order will be:
Jane Awad
Amy Fry
Felicia Romero
Kristal Richardson
Jeanette Freed

I'd have Jeanette, Jane and Amy as your top 3 Olympia qualifiers. It's the best Jeanette has looked as a pro and a rookie for that matter. I was off on one prediction and that was cover girl, Jelena Abbou. This was her first pro show and needs to tighten up for her next show. She's beautiful but if she wants to contend in the top ranks will have to tighten up, especially her lower half. She'll be in the 12-14 spot is my guess. Christine Wan and Lianne Seiwald both improved from the Colorado. This was the best I've seen Lianne, her hair, make up, suits, everything was dead on and she'll be in the top 10.

That's it for now kids. More later.

The hotel internet connection sucks the biggest, hairest, SCOOBY ass around. It isn't powerful enough to ftp the pix, but they should be up in an hour when I have a stronger connection near the venue.

Elevate Your Image.™

figure 1

• Getbig II
Re: Jan Tana update
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »
Jeanette is one Hot Momma

nutratj

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:57:15 PM »
Jeanette is one Hot Momma

Hell yea!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »
Good shots, Lift.

Jane looks out of this world!
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
I love the package Jeanette brought to this show!! She looks great!!!
O

nutratj

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »
I love the package Jeanette brought to this show!! She looks great!!!

100% agree

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 01:53:39 AM »
Thanks for the updates and pics Lift.

Full results and scoresheet:

1) Felicia Romero
2) Amy Fry
3) Jeanette Freed
4) Jane Awad
5) Kristal Richardson
6) Cheri Lewis
7) Liane Seiwold
8] Christine Wan
9) Kristi Tauti
10) Zhanna Rhotar
11) Sherie Salvadori
12) Ines Jimenez
13) Jelena Abbou
14) Corry Matthews
15) Arina Manta
16 tie) Thais Cabrices
16 tie) Carmen Knights
16 tie) Silvia Matta
16 tie) Petra Mertl
16 tie) Irina Mishina
16 tie) Rosa-Maria Romero

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »
Jeanette looked fantastic and she is going to be competing again in two weeks at the New York Pro.

Congrats to Felicia on her first pro victory.

Elevate Your Image.™

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »
Great Picture of Jeanette. Congrats to her on her Olympia Qualification!!!! Well deserving!!
Congrats to all the girls.

From the pictures, I thought Jane Awad and Christine Wan both would have placed higher.
O

figure 1

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »
Jane should have been placed higher.

agpro

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • O.F.F Overcome Fitness Fears with Adela
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Congrats to my girl Felicia!! Job well done mami:)!! Get to eat some good food and see you in September.

Congrats to Jeanette on her Figure Olympia qualification and a good luck in 2 weeks.

Congrats to all the girls as well and I love Christine Wan physique.  I know in the future she is going to do better.

Best Wishes,

Adela
www.adelafitness.com

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 04:18:51 PM »
Congrats to my girl Felicia!! Job well done mami:)!! Get to eat some good food and see you in September.

Congrats to Jeanette on her Figure Olympia qualification and a good luck in 2 weeks.

Congrats to all the girls as well and I love Christine Wan physique.  I know in the future she is going to do better.

Best Wishes,

Adela
www.adelafitness.com

Adela,
Christine Wan and I always say how much we love your physique!!! ;D
so when is your first figure show??

O

fitchill

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
Jane got robbed! She came in much tighter than any of the top three girls.... what are these judges looking at?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »
Jelena 13th BS.

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
Isaac,
Wow! Any pics of Liane?
Still gotta support my Colorado girl!

;D

Chaun

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 12:37:12 AM »
Isaac,
Wow! Any pics of Liane?
Still gotta support my Colorado girl!

;D

Chaun
Yip. Liane looked the best she has as a pro, hair was well done, presentation much better and overall just came in spot on for her.

A shot of Christine as well.

Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 09:49:59 AM »
WOW Christine's physique looks FABULOUS! Love it!

Also, Jeanette looks gorgeous! Both face and body are ROCKIN! Love her look. Congrats to her on her Olympia qualification.

MBell
M

agpro

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • O.F.F Overcome Fitness Fears with Adela
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »

Adela,
Christine Wan and I always say how much we love your physique!!! ;D
so when is your first figure show??

Hey girl:)

Thank you so much!!! Christine looked great at the Jan Tana.  She is amazing person and i know she will do great in future contest.

Oh!! My first figure show is in 4 weeks:)!! I can't believe is almost time to step on stage again.t I am very excited about it and looking forward the new challenge.:)

Thank you for the kind words)

Adela

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
Hey girl:)

Thank you so much!!! Christine looked great at the Jan Tana.  She is amazing person and i know she will do great in future contest.

Oh!! My first figure show is in 4 weeks:)!! I can't believe is almost time to step on stage again.t I am very excited about it and looking forward the new challenge.:)

I've always been a huge fan of Christine Wan too, she has a dynamite physique... and I think she is often overlooked for some reason.

Adelina... I'm sure you will do okay at your first Figure competition, you have an okay physique too ;D  Just try to bring up those shoulders some ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 12:08:52 PM »
Felicia looked awesome...I have to admit that when the recent FLEX swimsuit issue came out I thought that even though she was the most beautiful, she was out of place with the rest of the women because she was softer, but man oh man. She looked amazing in the show
gotta love life

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
Yip. Liane looked the best she has as a pro, hair was well done, presentation much better and overall just came in spot on for her.

A shot of Christine as well.

Thanks Isaac! I agree- she looked very on-point! Wish I could have seen her in person, so thanks for the pic!

And, yes Christine looked fab as well!

Christine Wan

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • GetbigPro
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 04:14:27 PM »
Thanks, everybody, for all the kind words! Judging figure can be quite confusing, huh? The combination of shape, structure, and height, differ from individual to individual, so what works for one person might not work for another...like comparing apples to oranges.

Me, personally, I was told that my shoulders were too big, thus throwing off the flow of my physique. I possessed one of the biggest and widest delts on stage, while at five-foot-one-and-a-half, I was probably the shortest person in the line-up. My physique was off balance. Can it be fixed? Sure. Do I want to? Probably not. So am I okay with the critique? Yes, I am.

Unlike bodybuilding, the entire package, from head to toe, is judged all at once. There are no comparison poses to see who has the best biceps, delts, legs, back, etc....It's the overall shape that is being looked at, conditioning is secondary. For some, it might take a high level of conditioning to achieve the lines and v-taper that the judges want to see. For others, a high level of conditioning might cause them to lose their shape, and end up looking too "straight-up-and-down" or stringy. Genetics. Then add stage presence, posing, presentation, hair, make-up, and suits to the mix...everything's got to flow together.

Anyhow, congratulations to EVERYONE on that NY stage and thanks to Jan Tana and King for having us.

Adela, if I don't talk to you before Houston - GOOD LUCK, CHICA! You're going to rock!

Cindy, I talk to you nearly every day, so I'll keep it short and just say good luck in NY...lol ..
 :)

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 06:55:28 PM »
Christine

That was a most excellent explanation!

Shannon_Meteraud

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 08:19:22 PM »
Christine
You looked great!  And I loved the post. You rock because of your physique and beauty but the main reason is you can do it all while being a MOM!

Hope your little one is doing great.

Christine Wan

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • GetbigPro
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 09:31:05 PM »
Thanks Dina! Thanks Shannon! Can we expect see see either one of you guys on stage soon?

And how are your little ones, Shannon? I can't believe mine will be starting kindergarten in August....it's going by so fast...too fast.

:'(