Author Topic: Ripitup...  (Read 12630 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Ripitup...
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »
I'm here baby  ;D

:D Weee

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Ripitup...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »
I'm here baby  ;D

SWEET!!!   

The more, the merrier!     :D
Lemme know if you have any specific ideas for this board.  I have several in the hopper. 

First thing will be a glute/lower body training thread...I have all the notes ready to write up, I just need to find the time to do it!!   Gimme a coupla hours....

You're gonna loooooooooove competing in BB.   ;)

:)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »
This board is boring.

Hope this helps.
P

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »

SWEET!!!   

The more, the merrier!     :D
Lemme know if you have any specific ideas for this board.  I have several in the hopper. 

First thing will be a glute/lower body training thread...I have all the notes ready to write up, I just need to find the time to do it!!   Gimme a coupla hours....

You're gonna loooooooooove competing in BB.   ;)

Excellent.  I definitely need the glute/lower body training, lol.

& yes, I am gonna looooooooooooooooove competing in BB.  I was even doing Mike's routine in the back of the auditorium (while he was onstage doing it) in my posing suit, lmao.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »
Excellent.  I definitely need the glute/lower body training, lol.

& yes, I am gonna looooooooooooooooove competing in BB.  I was even doing Mike's routine in the back of the auditorium (while he was onstage doing it) in my posing suit, lmao.

Laura stick with figure...you are to beautiful to be that hard, you look much better  with a little curve
gotta love life

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:40 AM »
Laura stick with figure...you are to beautiful to be that hard, you look much better  with a little curve
Thanks MM69.  :)  I don't intend on losing the curves.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »
Thanks MM69.  :)  I don't intend on losing the curves.

No need to Laura....but I bet you will have a greater sense of accomplishment and more satisfaction with all of the hard work that you put into your contest prep. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 02:11:24 PM »
No need to Laura....but I bet you will have a greater sense of accomplishment and more satisfaction with all of the hard work that you put into your contest prep. 

I know it doesn't matter what I say but I think you should do figure also Rip....I admire your work but you look so much prettier in your non-comp pics.
gotta love life

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 06:58:54 AM »
I know it doesn't matter what I say but I think you should do figure also Rip....I admire your work but you look so much prettier in your non-comp pics.

I can totally appreciate your POV, and what I really appreciate is the fact that you acknowledge the hard work that is involved with competition and contest prep. 
Alot of guys prefer the softer, non-contest-ready look, and that's totally cool. 
(I personally like the lean, ripped, muscular look on women, I think it's pretty hot. ;))

I don't compete to "be pretty," as bodybuilding is not a beauty pageant, and figure really shouldn't be either.  However, I do prefer a more feminine, "pretty" look for female bodybuilders, and I hope that female BB heads back in the direction of the glory days when Cory Everson and pioneers like her dominated.

Keep in mind that most competitors, including myself, only look really "contest ready" for a few days.  I've already completely re-inflated since my last show, and even though I still look muscular and fit, I think I look pretty "normal."  I suppose that could be debated, but this IS a BB messageboard.

I compete in BB primarily because I LOVE to train hard, heavy, and intensely.  I love to lift weights, I love to have a lot of muscle, and I love to feel strong.  I always have.  BB allows me to put 110% into my contest prep and not hold back at all...it gives me a great sense of empowerment and accomplishment.

I love both the physical AND mental challenge involved with the BB contest prep.  I like the fact that the challenge of contest prep extends far beyond just training in the gym.
I love to wake up every day and look different than the day before.  I like constantly changing and always seeking to improve myself, physically and mentally.
I also like the feeling of waking up not sure if I can make it through another day, and then the sense of  satisfaction when I go to bed knowing that I did. 
As strange as it sounds, I love having a structured routine and regimen every day...waking up and knowing that I have to do x, y, and z at a particular time and place.  I guess I'm slightly OCD, as the contest prep actually provides me with a sense of balance and control in my life.  I feel more out of control when I am not prepping for a show and/or not on a specific diet and training program.

And if I AM going to go at it 110%, which I do, then I prefer to have an opportunity to get up on stage and have a few minutes to display my hard work and show everyone what can be accomplished through hard work, discipline, and dedication.  Quarter turns in a pair of high-heeled shoes does not provide me that opportunity. 

Bodybuilding is about going at it 110% and accomplishing something that you may not be sure you can, which is a great feeling when you do. 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »

I can totally appreciate your POV, and what I really appreciate is the fact that you acknowledge the hard work that is involved with competition and contest prep. 
Alot of guys prefer the softer, non-contest-ready look, and that's totally cool. 
(I personally like the lean, ripped, muscular look on women, I think it's pretty hot. ;))

I don't compete to "be pretty," as bodybuilding is not a beauty pageant, and figure really shouldn't be either.  However, I do prefer a more feminine, "pretty" look for female bodybuilders, and I hope that female BB heads back in the direction of the glory days when Cory Everson and pioneers like her dominated.

Keep in mind that most competitors, including myself, only look really "contest ready" for a few days.  I've already completely re-inflated since my last show, and even though I still look muscular and fit, I think I look pretty "normal."  I suppose that could be debated, but this IS a BB messageboard.

I compete in BB primarily because I LOVE to train hard, heavy, and intensely.  I love to lift weights, I love to have a lot of muscle, and I love to feel strong.  I always have.  BB allows me to put 110% into my contest prep and not hold back at all...it gives me a great sense of empowerment and accomplishment.

I love both the physical AND mental challenge involved with the BB contest prep.  I like the fact that the challenge of contest prep extends far beyond just training in the gym.
I love to wake up every day and look different than the day before.  I like constantly changing and always seeking to improve myself, physically and mentally.
I also like the feeling of waking up not sure if I can make it through another day, and then the sense of  satisfaction when I go to bed knowing that I did. 
As strange as it sounds, I love having a structured routine and regimen every day...waking up and knowing that I have to do x, y, and z at a particular time and place.  I guess I'm slightly OCD, as the contest prep actually provides me with a sense of balance and control in my life.  I feel more out of control when I am not prepping for a show and/or not on a specific diet and training program.

And if I AM going to go at it 110%, which I do, then I prefer to have an opportunity to get up on stage and have a few minutes to display my hard work and show everyone what can be accomplished through hard work, discipline, and dedication.  Quarter turns in a pair of high-heeled shoes does not provide me that opportunity. 

Bodybuilding is about going at it 110% and accomplishing something that you may not be sure you can, which is a great feeling when you do. 

Great post rip.   ;)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 05:15:11 AM »
I agree with you 100% Rip.  Although I do not compete in bodybuilding, but fitness, I too prefer lifting heavy and intensity.  I did one figure competition, and afterward I felt like "ok, I just worked my butt off for 16 weeks to stand here on stage and do quarter turns".....that was the end of that for me.  With fitness as with bodybuilding, you can train with a purpose and go 110%.  It's a much better feeling.  And don't worry, I feel the same way about contest prepping and the structure it offers.
I also just wanted to let you know that I thought you looked great at Jr Nationals, and I feel that is the type of look female bodybuilders shoud be going for.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:23:12 AM »
I agree with you 100% Rip.  Although I do not compete in bodybuilding, but fitness, I too prefer lifting heavy and intensity.  I did one figure competition, and afterward I felt like "ok, I just worked my butt off for 16 weeks to stand here on stage and do quarter turns".....that was the end of that for me.  With fitness as with bodybuilding, you can train with a purpose and go 110%.  It's a much better feeling.  And don't worry, I feel the same way about contest prepping and the structure it offers.
I also just wanted to let you know that I thought you looked great at Jr Nationals, and I feel that is the type of look female bodybuilders shoud be going for.

Thanks so much.   :)
I think that competing in fitness offers many of the same things as bodybuilding does, and certainly the training and prep can be just as intense with the need to master some very difficult skills!!  Props to you for that!   8)

I felt the same way after competing in Figure.  When I went to Figure Nationals in 2006, after 28 weeks of dieting and prep (and doing several shows during that time), I was like "ERrrmm, was that IT?  Is it over?  What just happened?"   :D

Please visit this board and feel free to offer any advice, suggestions, ask questions, etc.  I would love to see the GB girls more involved on this board, regardless of whether they do BB, figure, fitness, or compete at all.  We can all learn from each other.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
This board is boring.

Hope this helps.

My simple friend. I see everyone ignores you. I quote you because I somehow pity you.

Hopefully you feel better now.   ;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 03:02:48 PM »

I am fitness too... we are a dying breed. Welcome to the board, and please stick around.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
I like the Gal BBers & fitness a littel fuller, like in the off season. Great full hamies and lats and... :P
But a BBing comp is about being a human anatomy chart.
I'd like y'all to put up some progress Photos from offseason to contest. That gives other girls, like my wife, something real to see what's attainable. So many Gals just give up on diet. It takes stubborn perseverance, even for the genetically blessed.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
I like the Gal BBers & fitness a littel fuller, like in the off season. Great full hamies and lats and... :P
But a BBing comp is about being a human anatomy chart.
I'd like y'all to put up some progress Photos from offseason to contest. That gives other girls, like my wife, something real to see what's attainable. So many Gals just give up on diet. It takes stubborn perseverance, even for the genetically blessed.

I agree, it's very motivating and inspiring to see the progress that other people make.

Tell your wife that consistency and patience are the two most important components of any diet...  :P

I had a photos/contest prep thread going on the Y board for most of the last couple of months if you want to check it out...
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=137497.0

There are pics from off-season to competition and everything in-between. 
For my latest competition, I did try to post progress pics every couple of weeks for those who may actually be interested in looking at the changes from a BB and contest prep perspective...the 12 weeks out pics start on p. 6 of the thread, I think.
A virtual shit-storm erupted in the last several pages of the thread, so you may want to just disregard that LOL. 
Next year if I'm still around here, I will be happy to do a contest prep thread on this board.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »
Yup, you look great a little fluffy.
 Looks like you'd practically have to TRY to be a Fattie!
Hell, yur mainstream model material off season (if ya'd just quit flex'n the triceps).

Seriously, all these girls that look at the contest condit Women BBers and say... "I don't want to work out 'cause I don't want to get all muscular looking..."  They don't understand HOW MUCH ABNORMAL SUFFERING IT TAKES GET RIPPED LIKE THAT!

It ain't gonna happen to 'em from working out. THey'r all nice shots; The 1st photo is esp Great. 
 That's the look the average person likes. Pretty hard not to ;).

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 04:07:29 PM »
Yup, you look great a little fluffy.
 Looks like you'd practically have to TRY to be a Fattie!
Hell, yur mainstream model material off season (if ya'd just quit flex'n the triceps).

Seriously, all these girls that look at the contest condit Women BBers and say... "I don't want to work out 'cause I don't want to get all muscular looking..."  They don't understand HOW MUCH ABNORMAL SUFFERING IT TAKES GET RIPPED LIKE THAT!

It ain't gonna happen to 'em from working out. THey'r all nice shots; The 1st photo is esp Great. 
 That's the look the average person likes. Pretty hard not to ;).

That is a major pet peeve of mine. I am now at the point where I have heard it so many times in my gym, I can barely be polite any longer.

Why some chick, who can barely manage to restrain herself from eating junk food for 3 straight days and squeezes out a couple of 30 min workouts a week with near zero intensity, and has a 32" waist with fat dripping off her legs thinks she is in any "danger" of looking like a physique athlete I don't know.

The other thing I note, is that women always tell me they "don't want to get big". Thing is, I swear every women that says that is already huge! The irony of a 220lb+ women telling me they don't "want to get big" just kills me. Many times, I have been forced to point out [yes to their face] that they weigh more at present, and are larger now than any female bodybuilder in history. ::)

Excuse my mini meltdown.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
32" waist with fat dripping off her legs thinks she is in any "danger" of looking like a physique athlete I don't know.

The other thing I note, is that women always tell me they "don't want to get big". Thing is, I swear every women that says that is already huge! The irony of a 220lb+ women telling me they don't "want to get big" just kills me.

Fat DRIPPING off her Legs... ;D

My wife Goes Off all the time on,  "YOUR PEOPLE"  about how  Fat Americans are. Note - They are Not HER People. ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 04:22:49 PM »
I like to encourage ALL women to lift weights, and to go heavier than they think they can go in the gym. 
It's a common misconception that lifting weights will get women all muscular, bigger than they want to be, etc.  Lifting weights does great things to all women's physiques, no matter how big or small, lean or fat.  And being stronger also comes with a greater sense of empowerment and overall well-being.   8)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 04:55:16 AM »
Hey rip,
Thanks for the welcome!  We posted some pictures of me over on the fitness/figure board-one week out from the Team Universe. So you can check them out if you like. 
I definitely agree about convincing women to lift heavier.  I do some personal training, and one of my biggest pet-peeves is seeing the women in the gym do 500 bicep curls with the little 2 lb. dumbbells. 
Personally, I love lifting heavy, and really enjoyed my off-season when I could really push with the amount of weight I was lifting.  If it wasn't for a pretty extensive gymnastics background, I would probably do bodybuilding.

Will you be competing at Team Universe this weekend?
Maybe I will see you there.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:08 AM »
Hey rip,
Thanks for the welcome!  We posted some pictures of me over on the fitness/figure board-one week out from the Team Universe. So you can check them out if you like. 
I definitely agree about convincing women to lift heavier.  I do some personal training, and one of my biggest pet-peeves is seeing the women in the gym do 500 bicep curls with the little 2 lb. dumbbells. 
Personally, I love lifting heavy, and really enjoyed my off-season when I could really push with the amount of weight I was lifting.  If it wasn't for a pretty extensive gymnastics background, I would probably do bodybuilding.

Will you be competing at Team Universe this weekend?
Maybe I will see you there.

Hey, Is this you?
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=158287.0
If so, you look more than ready to kick some ass at Team U this weekend!  You must be so excited! 

I'll definitely be at Team U this weekend, but not competing.  I am done competing for this year, so we are going down to have some fun and watch a few friends compete.  I'll definitely look for you...I'd love to meet you in person.  Once you are back and things settle down again, it would be awesome if you could contribute some training advice/suggestions to this board so that we can grow a pretty awesome training board here for all women, not just FBBs.

Good Luck with your final prep!  Based on those pics, you should be coasting in this week.   8)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 09:13:30 AM »
Yep, thats me.  And thanks for the nice comments.  I'm very excited for the show.  I competed about a month ago, so I've just been trying to maintain and work on some slight improvements for this show.  I will be about 5-6 pounds lighter for this show than when I last competed, so that is good.  As for this week, I'm pretty much just sticking to the diet I've been on.  It seems to be working, so there's no need to really do anything drastic (which is nice, because I've read about the type of depletion bodybuilders do the week leading up to the show and it does not sound like much fun).  For training this week I'm just doing some upper body circuit work and practicing my routine. 

I would definitely love to help contribute with training advice/discussions on this board.  It would be cool to get more people to post and become more involved here.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »
Yep, thats me.  And thanks for the nice comments.  I'm very excited for the show.  I competed about a month ago, so I've just been trying to maintain and work on some slight improvements for this show.  I will be about 5-6 pounds lighter for this show than when I last competed, so that is good.  As for this week, I'm pretty much just sticking to the diet I've been on.  It seems to be working, so there's no need to really do anything drastic (which is nice, because I've read about the type of depletion bodybuilders do the week leading up to the show and it does not sound like much fun).  For training this week I'm just doing some upper body circuit work and practicing my routine. 

I would definitely love to help contribute with training advice/discussions on this board.  It would be cool to get more people to post and become more involved here.

You are right, the depletion during the week leading up to the show is NOT fun LOL.  If this is your first national show, be sure to have a good time no matter what and take a few minutes to "take it all in" as there is a lot going on.  NYC is a fun place to celebrate after the show!!
Awesome, I will try to catch up with you in person at the show then!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »
Nice photos, the handstand 1 is cool. 8)