Author Topic: 8 year old boy killed by 7 year old cousin, dirtbag mother lies to Police  (Read 12985 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
What a pathetic story. This piece of human filth should be arrested for pulling this crap.

I'd love to round up all these useless scumbags that have never been and never will be productive members of society and ship them off to some deserted island. There's hundreds of thousands of these dirtbags and they're every race, creed and religion on the planet. Welfare loving, crime committing, procreating  wastes of DNA. Oh, and this one of course had multiple children from multiple dirtbag fathers who were all in prison. All she was doing was creating more dirtbags.

Any chance we can write a sterilization law into the books that would pass muster with the Constitution? Bush has no problem messing with the Constitution, maybe he and his good ole boys could work something out.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1008329

Grieving mother ‘sorry’ for lying to cops about son’s shooting death
By Mike Adaskaveg and Jessica Fargen
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Updated: 08:20 AM EST

The mother of an 8-year-old boy who was accidentally shot by his young cousin called her son’s death a “tragic accident” this morning, speaking publicly for the first time about why the family initially lied to police about the child’s death.
    The family first told police that innocent Laquarrie Jefferson, a first-grader, was gunned down Sunday night when three armed intruders stormed the Roxbury house.
    “I said I was sorry about making up the story,” Lakeisha Gadson, Laquarrie’s mother, told reporters this morning as she returned to their Seaver Street apartment. “It was an accident."
    Gadson, 30, who appeared stressed and at times angry, said she didn’t want to finger anyone in the house.
    “I’m sorry I made up the story. I didn’t mean to blame anyone. It was just a tragic accident,” she said, wearing a white T-shirt and dark-colored shorts.
     Police originally said that at least one person inside the home at the time had gang ties. Laquarrie’s father, Liquarry Jefferson, 27, is a convicted killer who is serving time for a string of armed robberies.
    Police are now questioning the 7-year-old boy who they say accidentally shot and killed Laquarrie. The two boys were playing with an illegal gun, police said. The boy and his mother voluntarily came to Boston police headquarters at 11 a.m. today, said police spokesman Elaine Driscoll.
    "We are interviewing them right now," Driscoll told the Herald, adding both are not in custody. She said it is still unclear where the boy and his mother have been for the past 24 hours.
    Gadson, who returned to the apartment at about 8:30 a.m. today, told reporters that she loved her son.
    “I’m sorry my son right now is dead,” she said.
    A growing shrine to Laquarrie has built up on the concrete steps in front of 266 Seaver St.
    This morning, Clara Ventura, who lives nearby, dropped off a stuffed animal in Laquarrie’s memory.
    “It was very tough for me. I have a 5-year-old boy,” she said. “I couldn’t even imagine this happening to him.”
    She called the child’s death “unbelievable.”
    “It makes me feel cold,” she said. “Little kids and weapons. It’s crazy. They shouldn’t have guns in the home.”

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Here's a little opinion piece from the Herald today on the story. Of course it's designed to insight anger but the facts of the case insight enough anger already.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=1008308

Lock up liars who led police astray
By Michele McPhee/ The Beat
Boston Herald Police Bureau Chief
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Updated: 08:22 AM EST

If any member of 8-year-old Laquarrie Jefferson’s family lied to police about the bullet that ripped through his tiny stomach, they should be locked up for obstruction of justice.
    In the minutes after the boy was rushed from his family’s apartment on a stretcher, screaming in pain from the gunshot wound to his abdomen, police were told this story: Three men kicked in the door and wordlessly squeezed off a shot, hitting the Dorchester first-grader.
    That tall tale sent police on a wild goose chase for phantom killers for hours. It prompted crime scene cops to waste valuable time trying to lift fingerprints from a door, hoping the “killers” hit the glass with their hands as they raced from the crime scene.
    And it was all for naught. In the end, the result is sadly the same.
    A 7-year-old cousin was allegedly able to get his hands on an illegal gun and use it to blast 8-year-old Laquarrie, an event that likely will haunt the shooter for the rest of his life.
    This is why any family member who lied to police needs to be locked up for obstructing justice.
    It wouldn’t be the first time that some family members have broken the law in that house.
    Boston police call the dirt bags driving the violence on our streets “impact players.” Poor little Laquarrie was born into an “impact” family.
    His father, Liquarry Jefferson, 27, is a reputed Castlegate gang member serving time at Walpole state prison for manslaughter and armed robbery.
    Renardo Williams, the father of the dead boy’s 3-year-old sister, also is a suspected Castlegate gangbanger. In March, Williams was acquitted of the 2004 double homicide of William Bendolph, 35, and Jarrill Morris, 19, who were shot dead on Castlegate Road. He, too, is locked up awaiting trial on other charges of violence.
    Even the dead boy’s mother, Lakeisha Gadson, has a rap sheet. LaQuarrie didn’t stand a chance.
    But he certainly tried. Every morning it was Laquarrie who walked his baby sister to the bus. It was Laquarrie who held the door open for his neighbors. It was Laquarrie who rode his bike to the store for his mother.
    The little boy’s clan is certainly not the first dysfunctional family to mislead police.
    On Jan. 1 of this year, 14-year-old Jason Fernandes was shot dead leaving his family’s New Year’s Day party at his grandmother’s house. His cousin was paralyzed in the drive-by shooting after gunmen sprayed his car with bullets, completely oblivious to the woman putting a baby into the car seat inside.
    Members of the Fernandes family refused to cooperate with cops and some went so far as to throw rocks at police and reporters outside the family’s home that afternoon. His murder, needless to say, remains unsolved.
    Cynthia Cousin, the mother of reputed gang member Joseph Cousin, wore a “Stop Snitchin’ ” T-shirt during the murder trial of her son. He was charged with being part of a duo that fired a shotgun blast at rival gang members in 2002, a shot that hit 10-year-old Trina Persad in the head in a park named for Jermaine Goffigan, a 9-year-old cut down by gang bullets.
    If murder victims’ own families won’t cooperate with investigators and mothers of homicide suspects feed into the stop snitchin’ street culture, how can the city as a whole step up and meet this crime epidemic head on?

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
very sad...  children in this enviroment have absolutely no chance at having a normal life...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

"Laquarrie’s father, Liquarry Jefferson, 27, is a convicted killer who is serving time for a string of armed robberies."

Um, why is he not serving a life sentence for MURDER???

Jesus fucking christ.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
very sad...  children in this enviroment have absolutely no chance at having a normal life...

Exactly, and don't you just love it when a home has illegal handguns lying around for the small children to play with? What a mess, the city is littered with "families" like these.

"Laquarrie’s father, Liquarry Jefferson, 27, is a convicted killer who is serving time for a string of armed robberies."

Um, why is he not serving a life sentence for MURDER???

Jesus fucking christ.

Excellent question, I can't remember the specifics but the case was overturned or the sentence was reduced, something along those lines. Massachusetts is inundated with soft judges, every other week there's an issue with a judge sentencing someone to a light sentence or a repeat offender committing another crime because a judge let him walk on a previous conviction.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
I'd love to round up all these useless scumbags that have never been and never will be productive members of society and ship them off to some deserted island.

We don't want them >:(

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
Laquarrie...Liquarry...J arrill...Renardo...Lakei sha?

Have black Americans stopped giving their children proper names, and instead just stated making up random ones?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Now the police think the gun belonged to the 8 year old's teenage half brother. I think it's a wonderful thing when a scumbag mother has multiple kids from multiple fathers that are all in prison and don't support them. What a fantastic family that must be. And that case for sterilization keeps having children, there's a 2 year old floating around as well. I bet Christmas time is a joy for all those fatherless kids.

Check out the picture from a press conference these idiots had. They're dressed up like they're going clubbing, next thing you know they're going to try suing the City for some reason. These scumbags think this is their 15 minutes of fame and they're riding it for all it's worth.

Isn't that great, a 7 year old kills an 8 year old with a teenager's gun while adults are in the house and small children are running around and these welfare scumbags think it's their time for fame.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/06/27/half_brother_may_be_gun_owner_police_say/

Half brother may be gun owner, police say
Teenager a focus in fatal shooting

By Brian R. Ballou and Suzanne Smalley, Globe Staff  |  June 27, 2007

Boston police focused yesterday on a teenage half brother as the possible owner of the illegal handgun that killed 8-year-old Liquarry Jefferson and also questioned family members, including the 7-year-old cousin they believe fired the fatal shot while playing.

Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said Jayquan McConnico, 15, may be taken into custody by the state Department of Youth Services for illegal activity. Davis would not elaborate, but a police official with knowledge of the investigation said police are looking closely at McConnico, in part because Liquarry was shot in the teenager's bedroom.

Another police official said McConnico has told detectives he handled the gun after the shooting. The 9mm semiautomatic was found hidden in a stairwell of the Roxbury apartment building.

As police worked to piece the case together, a family member, the grandmother of the three boys, spoke for the first time last evening about what happened in the Roxbury apartment moments before the shooting, which has infuriated some residents, saddened others, and exposed a troubled family.

Elaine Gadson said that late Sunday night, Liquarry and his cousin Anthony Jackson were in McConnico's room where they kept kicking out Liquarry's 2-year-old sister. Gadson, who was not present, said her account is based on what she was told by her daughter, Lakeisha Gadson, mother of Liquarry and McConnico.

Lakeisha Gadson, who was in the living room, overheard the boys talking in the bedroom, went to the door, and asked what was going on. "Oh, we want to play a game, and she keeps bothering us," they replied, according to Elaine Gadson.

Less than five minutes later, Lakeisha Gadson heard a loud pop, her mother said. At first, she thought it was a firecracker, but after smelling fumes and thinking the boys had lit something, Gadson walked back into the bedroom, where she found Liquarry bleeding on the floor behind the door.

"He said Anthony shot him," Elaine Gadson said in an interview with the Globe in a Mattapan restaurant.

Anthony had run out of the room. "He panicked, and he ran to the other side of the house," his grandmother said.

McConnico, who was in an adjacent bedroom, had already called 911. When the ambulance arrived, Liquarry was still moving his hands and legs and talking to the paramedics. "They thought he was going to make it," Elaine Gadson said.

When detectives arrived, Lakeisha Gadson and other family members panicked and told police armed intruders had forced their way into the apartment building and shot the boy, the grandmother said.

"When it became an issue of Lakeisha having to decide should I tell police that my 7-year-old nephew just shot my 8-year-old son, unfortunately she made a choice to make up something that was only to protect my grandson," Elaine Gadson said.

Lakeisha Gadson apologized yesterday for initially lying to police. "I apologize to the community, and I ask for their forgiveness," she said, her body trembling and voice shaking. "This is a difficult time for me and my family."

As she spoke at an impromptu press conference, Antonia Gadson, Anthony's mother, and Elaine Gadson put their arms around her and held her up as she nearly fell back.

It was not the family's first encounter with police. Liquarry's father is in prison on armed robbery charges, and he has been convicted of manslaughter. His mother has a record of violent criminal behavior.

Elaine Gadson said Liquarry and Anthony were like brothers and "loved each other very much."

"When you saw one child, you saw the other," she said at the press conference in front of Antonia Gadson's home. "Anthony would go home to his mother, and 10 minutes later he wanted to come back to be with us."

Through an intermediary, police arranged to interview Anthony with his mother at police headquarters. After spending much of the morning meeting with detectives, Anthony is still confused by what happened Sunday night, Elaine Gadson said.

"He's a baby; he did not know what he did," she said in the later interview. "He still does not know what he did. He's looking for Liquarry to play a game with him. He's saying: 'Well, Liquarry is at the hospital. When he comes home, we'll play a game.' "

Grief counselors met with students, their parents, and school personnel yesterday at John P. Holland Elementary School in Dorchester, where Liquarry finished first grade last week.

Rahzell, 7, a close friend of Liquarry's, cried yesterday as he spoke of his classmate.

"He was a good friend," Rahzell said. "He was always telling me about his family and his cousins and how they treated him really nice."

Mayor Thomas M. Menino visited the family yesterday afternoon for about an hour.

As he left, he said, "We had a discussion and offered support to both families. . . . This has a long road to go. We've got a mother who just lost her son, another mother whose son has done something very serious."

Menino said that police are not going to ignore the fact that the family initially lied to police and are investigating the family's latest version of events. He said investigators are also focused on tracking down how the gun ended up in the bedroom.

"Why was that gun in the house?" Menino asked.

Police intelligence documents from 2005 and last year, obtained by the Globe, say that McConnico is an associate of the MIC gang and has a firearm-arrest history.

In September 2005, he was arrested near Intervale Street for possessing a loaded handgun, the documents say. He was 13 at the time. McConnico is currently under DYS supervision.

State Representative Gloria L. Fox, a Roxbury Democrat, raised questions yesterday about the role state child protection workers played in the tragedy, because Lakeisha Gadson is a Department of Social Services client.

"We have had in the past several years ongoing investigations of how we work with families who are in crisis or in need, and DSS has had low marks in doing that," Fox said in an interview. "Clearly this could be seen as a [family] that could have been in need of services and did not receive them."

State officials declined to discuss what services it provided in the past, but issued a statement saying they were cooperating with police and "coordinating the appropriate services and intervention for the families, both the children and the mothers, during this difficult time."

Davis said police have filed a report with DSS informing the agency of the incident so it can take a more aggressive role in monitoring the home where the shooting took place.

He said police have turned investigative materials over to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley, who will decide whether to pursue charges.

"There are a myriad of things that could happen," Davis said. "There could be misdemeanors charged; there could be felonies charged."

Conley said he cannot comment on specific charges, but said he is likely to use the secret grand jury process to determine which, if any, charges to file.

body88

Welcome to Roxbury. Top Combat/warzone of Massachusetts. Stop Snitchin scrolled all over every wall you see ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
We don't want them >:(

I'm sure you don't CQ. We don't want them either.

Perhaps a deserted island somewhere would fit the bill, preferably in the arctic ocean.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I remember back in the 80's, i'd be driving to school with my old man, and the news would have the body count from roxbury night by night.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Great new opinion piece in the Herald today.

http://news.bostonherald.com/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1008619

No more overlooking negligent procreation
By Margery Eagan
Boston Herald Columnist
Thursday, June 28, 2007 - Updated: 11:57 AM EST

Twenty-seven years ago, Candace Lightner founded Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) to change attitudes about drunken driving from the stuff of comedy to the stuff of shame.
    Somebody should found Mothers About Raising Children Honorably (MARCH) to change our nonchalant attitudes about women bringing children into the world when they have no ability to raise them and no intention of learning how.
    It’s time social liberals (like me) joined with the right-wing, feminist-hating, sexually uptight nuts and called this what it is: a tragedy for children. That’s judging mothers, I know. Picking on people. Stigmatizing.
    Better late than never.
    “They’re a beautiful family.” That assessment from a social worker involved with, in fact, the totally dysfunctional family of Liquarry Jefferson, an 8-year-old shot to death Sunday night, put me halfway over the edge.
    Liquarry’s aunt yesterday finished the job. The aunt, Rahema Grayson, delivered a baby girl yesterday and named her after Liquarry. That sounds at once sad and noble - until you realize that Rahema Grayson is 16.
    White, college-educated, fortunate women (like me) risk the “racist” charge criticizing a poor, grieving black family. I do apologize for the timing. But this is not just a black problem.
    Just months ago I covered a murder in mainly white South Boston. The family of the dead man repeatedly called him “a great family man” even though he had three children under 4 with two women. The obvious contradiction - you can’t be a great family man with two different families - apparently occurred to no one.
    This is not just a poverty problem, either. All this week we’ve heard on cable news the heartbroken relatives of pregnant 26-year-old Jessie Davis of Ohio weeping over her death, allegedly at the hands of the father both of her unborn child and her 2-year-old son. She was a wonderful mother, everyone agreed. Yet even TV commentators overlooked another obvious contradiction: Wonderful mothers do not get pregnant once, never mind twice, by a man like Bobby Cutts Jr.: a married police officer fired after links to drug trafficking and three years’ probation for breaking into another girlfriend’s home.
    A few weeks ago I got hammered for questioning why a very pregnant Bridget Moynahan was appearing virtually nonstop in public, blissful, as if bearing the child of a man who abandoned her is just the greatest.
    Maybe Tom Brady [stats] will be a terrific father. Surely their child will not suffer financially - as children of poor and even working-class single mothers always do. But when did we forget in America that money does not fix all ills?
    “Who knows what that child is going to feel with a famous father who doesn’t live at home?” asks Suffolk Sheriff Andrea Cabral, who knows a lot about fatherless children. Her jail is filled with those children, all grown-up and doing time.
    This is not an argument for shotgun weddings or abstinence or aborting every unplanned pregnancy. Birth controls fail. Accidents happen. And this is not meant to dump just on women, who don’t get pregnant alone.
    But men won’t fix this mess.
    This is an argument for changing the status quo: to stop acting like it’s just fine for women - black, white, poor, rich - to bear children with no expectation that fathers even show up and no wherewithal to keep those children safe.
     When women do this not once but twice, or more, it’s no mistake. It’s almost a crime. Social liberals (like me) love to talk about government programs. But no program can heal the hurt from a parent’s neglect. We should stop pretending otherwise.

Check out this picture of the mother of the 8 year old that was killed and the mother of the 7 year old that did the killing. What a couple of winners. Oh, and these two beauties have a 16 year old sister that just gave birth to a girl who she named after the 8 year old that was killed. In 15 years that little girl will start giving birth to future criminals too.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Have black Americans stopped giving their children proper names, and instead just stated making up random ones?

Some of the seemingly made up names have roots within other languages. Like my name, which Americans seem almost incapable of pronouncing [I sign pm's with my name sometimes and people come back like wtf? ;D] means 'blessing' in another language.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Laquarrie...Liquarry...Jarrill...Renardo...Lakeisha?

"Proper" nmaes were frist made up names as well. Besides I think Lakeisha or Kiesha is cute name, as well as Tameka or Shay.

But yes, sometimes the names can be rediculous, like Chineda,or Franquetta (yes, actual names :P

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I'm sure you don't CQ. We don't want them either.

Perhaps a deserted island somewhere would fit the bill, preferably in the arctic ocean.

pssst - umm... Canada wouldn't want them either  :-X
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
Check out these two pictures taken on two separate days this week. The pig in the white dress with sunglasses and two toned hair is the mother of the 7 year old that shot the 8 year old.

Notice how she's got the same trashy clothes on in both pictures. It must be her Sunday Best outfit. Too bad for her she looks like a disgusting scumbag.

She literally thinks her 7 year old son shooting and killing his 8 year old cousin with a gun that belonged to his gangbanging 15 year old cousin is cause for her 15 minutes of fame. What an incredible cast of dirtbags. Oh, did I mention there was a 2 year old running around and about 5 adults in the house at the time of the shooting?

PLEASE STERILIZE THESE IDIOTS.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

With the possible exception of 'Larry', no male's name should begin with 'La-'. 

A boy should never be emasculated at birth. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Check out these two pictures taken on two separate days this week.
Notice how she's got the same trashy clothes on in both pictures. It must be her Sunday Best outfit. Too bad for her she looks like a disgusting scumbag.

Brutal lack of wardrobe.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
"Proper" nmaes were frist made up names as well. Besides I think Lakeisha or Kiesha is cute name, as well as Tameka or Shay.

But yes, sometimes the names can be rediculous, like Chineda,or Franquetta (yes, actual names :P

If you give a child any of those names, you're severely handicapping their future.  You don't think that gets factored in when deciding who to interview and who to hire?  Maybe not at McDonalds or WalMart, but for professional positions it certainly does.  Not overtly, of course, but let's face it... even Black hiring managers don't want "ghetto" folks working for them.  A good number of Black people will certainly get hired, but they will be Black people with names like "Robert" and "Lisa", not "Tranell" and "LaQuisha".
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

If you give a child any of those names, you're severely handicapping their future.  You don't think that gets factored in when deciding who to interview and who to hire?  Maybe not at McDonalds or WalMart, but for professional positions it certainly does.  Not overtly, of course, but let's face it... even Black hiring managers don't want "ghetto" folks working for them.  A good number of Black people will certainly get hired, but they will be Black people with names like "Robert" and "Lisa", not "Tranell" and "LaQuisha".

How do you know a person with a "black" name is a "ghetto" person? 

The EEOC recently did a study that confirmed people with "black" names face discrimination in hiring.  It's wrong. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

The EEOC recently did a study that confirmed people with "black" names face discrimination in hiring.  It's wrong. 

It is what is, and I don't see it changing anytime soon, whether you or I agree with it or not.

What does this mean from a practical perspective?  It means if you're black and you're not a dumbfucck, you're going to give your child a "normal" name rather than one that seems to be the result of you randomly tossing a handful of Scrabble tiles on a table, because to do otherwise would be to unfairly handicap your child's future.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Generally speaking, it's the lower classes that tend give their children names like these, not upper-middle-class blacks from the 'burbs.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It is what is, and I don't see it changing anytime soon, whether you or I agree with it or not.

What does this mean from a practical perspective?  It means if you're black and you're not a dumbfucck, you're going to give your child a "normal" name rather than one that seems to be the result of you randomly tossing a handful of Scrabble tiles on a table, because to do otherwise would be to unfairly handicap your child's future.

This is partly true, because we still have bigots in this country.  No one should be prejudged based on their name.  I think it's absurd.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
With the possible exception of 'Larry', no male's name should begin with 'La-'. 

A boy should never be emasculated at birth. 

Langston Hughs did okay.  In his day Lancelot did just fine.  What about Lazarus?  That's a manly name. Isn't Laird a good Scotsface name?  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Generally speaking, it's the lower classes that tend give their children names like these, not upper-middle-class blacks from the 'burbs.  ::)

That may or may not be true, but a person's name has nothing to do with whether or not the person is "ghetto" and certainly doesn't give anyone the right to discriminate against a person.  It's really just an excuse for a bigot to act like a bigot.    

Plus, I bet many people (me included) have difficulty distinguishing African names from made-up "Afro-centric" names.