Author Topic: Cesar Millan / Training Shows  (Read 9480 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Cesar Millan / Training Shows
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 06:57:27 AM »

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 07:41:57 AM »
Caesar Millan is awesome.

Dogs are not people.. I think that's what Caesar stresses more than anything else. Also, aren't there genetic reasons for specifically treating an animal? Aren't a lot of breeds bred to work? Or to hunt? Isn't using the 'pack leader' stuff better for the overall psychology of the dog in the long run?

I saw this old lady in the park yanking her dog's leash.. It wasn't working in calming the thing down at all lol

I'm a big fan of his show btw

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 12:53:14 PM »
Ok....

I know this has been down on the bottom for awhile.....but "Dog the Bounty Hunter" is off t.v. & this has now become the new show I watch.

I would have to say I've seen more than a dozen to two dozen shows of the Dog Whisperer.

Cesar is ok in my book.  I read all of the articles in the beginning of this thread & some of the negative examples they gave of Cesar were mis-interpreted or extremely over exaggerated. 

I do believe in about 90% what he believes & teaches...but this is what makes this world wonderful....is we DON'T have to agree with everything someone does.

Myself personally…I’ve been in positions of instruction.  Funny as it may…I cannot teach ‘successfully’ as someone else if I don’t believe or agree with a certain method.  It doesn’t mean I’m a poor instructor…just means I have a different approach that I can come across more clearly for myself.

Any person that’s in a position of instruction usually ‘criticizes’ the competition.  Why?  I don’t know.  Maybe they’re scared to be set wrong by their own ideas.

I think the best instructors out there are the ones that have an open mind & are willing to learn any new idea or approach….& hopefully take something from it.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/15/CMGPHL9D1N1.DTL

On one of my groups some body posted that they knew of 2 dogs that were sent to Cesar and they did not come home alive.  And supposedly a tv producer is suing him for injuries his dog suffered while being trained by Cesar.

Someone else posted that his shows are carefully edited but if you watch them in slow motion you can see him gut kick the dogs as he is walking them and other things off to the side while you are distracted watching somewhere else on the screen.   I am going to watch a few of his shows and see if I catch anything. 

That article I posted makes some good points on Cesar's training methods.  I used to like his show but now I wonder what is the point of a dog training show that tells you "not to try this yourself"?    :-\   

was'nt cesar milan the guy on fantasy island ?

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »
I thought Cease Milan was the guy from the movie, "Born in East La"...No?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 08:43:36 AM »
was'nt cesar milan the guy on fantasy island ?

ah...no

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 09:55:05 AM »

I don't like cesar salads   :P