Author Topic: with my schedule is it worth taking creatine?  (Read 1036 times)

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
with my schedule is it worth taking creatine?
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
well my bro has a lot of creatine monohydrate and he said i can use it if i want. i took it yesterday and today before and after football practice. The thing is though it says to take 30-60 minutes b4 working out and immediatly after, but the way our practices are organized we have 2 hrs of conditioning(running) before we go in to the weight room and then an hour of running plays after lifting. so i would have to take it about two hours before lifting and about an hour afterwards. Is it worth it? will it really help me much at all? thanks for all help.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: with my schedule is it worth taking creatine?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:54:39 AM »
Yeah, no problem. btw, how old are you?? shouldn't take it if you are under 16 i think.

Mix about 3-5g into warm water until fully dissolved, then be sure to have some fast sugars (dextrose) and some whey protein 30mins after that.

so take the creatine 30mins before training and the shake directly before, or the creatine 45mins before and the shake 15 minutes before training.

PWO take when you can.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 01:57:23 AM »
oh and be sure to take at least 4 weeks OFF the creatine after 6 weeks, since you are young 6 weeks on 8 weeks off would be better.

Creatine is a SUPPLEMENT, it does not work wonders. Don't rely on it in training, don't get the thought you could not train without it. Do not expect to gain 30lb of muscle and

Make sure you drink A LOT.

3-4 liters every day.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:03:08 AM »
Yeah, no problem. btw, how old are you?? shouldn't take it if you are under 16 i think.

A lot of high school coaches push their players to take it  :-\
Nothing out there indicating it's harmful, nor safe (for growing kids) and likely never will be since no one (legitemate study) would risk using kids as guinea pigs.

The harm I could see happening is a kid pushing more weight than the skeletal system could handle, thus risking injury or future problems  :-\
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 04:16:40 AM »
A lot of high school coaches push their players to take it  :-\
Nothing out there indicating it's harmful, nor safe (for growing kids) and likely never will be since no one (legitemate study) would risk using kids as guinea pigs.

The harm I could see happening is a kid pushing more weight than the skeletal system could handle, thus risking injury or future problems  :-\

Yes, and i also see a mental problem. If you put kids onto something, and they see it works, they will rely on it and lose their self esteem and their drive over the long run. Then he cannot train without creatine. next thing is NO Explode and then finally Cell Tech.  ;D ;D Just kidding, but you know what i mean.

Just my 2 cents.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »
Yes, and i also see a mental problem. If you put kids onto something, and they see it works, they will rely on it and lose their self esteem and their drive over the long run. Then he cannot train without creatine. next thing is NO Explode and then finally Cell Tech.  ;D ;D Just kidding, but you know what i mean.

Just my 2 cents.

Heavens no!  :o  Not Cell Tech  :o

Kids:  Just say NO!
:

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »

Heavens no!  :o  Not Cell Tech  :o

Kids:  Just say NO!

Yes. You never know, all the huge bodybuilders take it.  ;D ;D ;D

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:20:02 PM »
Are you supposed to take the creatine on your off days? i assume so because why would you need to cycle it if you don't? (wouldn't taking it only 3 days a week not matter) i thought the cycling was to make it so your body doesn't stop making creatine naturally (or processing it from natural sources) this is the one thing that i've not really understoood about it.....also 5grams a day or 10? separate times?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:42:28 AM »
Are you supposed to take the creatine on your off days? i assume so because why would you need to cycle it if you don't? (wouldn't taking it only 3 days a week not matter) i thought the cycling was to make it so your body doesn't stop making creatine naturally (or processing it from natural sources) this is the one thing that i've not really understoood about it.....also 5grams a day or 10? separate times?

here's everything you need to know on creatine. if there are still questions left out, post them here. But read this first.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=129012.0