Author Topic: Why should we stay in Iraq?  (Read 10675 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: Why should we stay in Iraq?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
This is an interesting point. At what point do we let the Iraqi's settle this for themselves? We got rid of Saddam when is it their turn to figure out who runs the country and how it will be run?

At some point the Iraqi's have to take control of their own destiny.
study the history of Vietnam, it's a fantastic example. Once a country comes to grip with spending more time selling it's products and people and less with fighting itself the faster the turnaround. We pulled out in the 70's and by 75 the communinist were firmly in control. it's 2007 and they have moved to a country that is becoming capitiolist. so 30 years or so.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
Thats the big question...when does our responsibilty, those who invaded (right or wrong), end. We broke it..we tryed to fix it..those who are broke refuse to help fix themselves because of some idiotic crap that happend in the 7th Century. I feel we are responsible to fix it but I'm not signing anybody else up to get killed trying, so pulling out is better for the common good of the Services...time to pack our trash.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »
study the history of Vietnam, it's a fantastic example. Once a country comes to grip with spending more time selling it's products and people and less with fighting itself the faster the turnaround. We pulled out in the 70's and by 75 the communinist were firmly in control. it's 2007 and they have moved to a country that is becoming capitiolist. so 30 years or so.

The Vietnamese are rational..despite that screwed up war..they were a hell of alot more rational then these nutbags..plus they don't have the most important natural resouce sitting under their feet. The damm rags could pull themselves out tommorrow and be driving BMW's by next week if they could stop killing themselves..I'm not holding my breath.
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »
The Vietnamese are rational..despite that screwed up war..they were a hell of alot more rational then these nutbags..plus they don't have the most important natural resouce sitting under their feet. The damm rags could pull themselves out tommorrow and be driving BMW's by next week if they could stop killing themselves..I'm not holding my breath.
Rational..Monks buring themselves with gasoline because of religious persocution is right down the same alley. There neighbor in cambodia killing people by the tens of thousands? Same situation sans oil.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »
I agree about Cambodia.....but the rags are crazier and they will never get their shit together.
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »
I agree about Cambodia.....but the rags are crazier and they will never get their shit together.
I would have subed in the word stupid for crazy... ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm losing the bubble on what to call these guys. Damm I'm board...its like Office Space around here. I'm in a friggen cube farm.
L

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »
I'm losing the bubble on what to call these guys. Damm I'm board...its like Office Space around here. I'm in a friggen cube farm.
PC Load letter...what the hell is that... ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 01:52:49 PM »
I built a color coded chart to track Leaves yesterday.....today i moved reports..much like TPS reports..from one cube to the next. Its so exciting. I think I'm single handedly winning the war on terrorism, one paper cut at a time. I may put myself in for a medal.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »
I built a color coded chart to track Leaves yesterday.....today i moved reports..much like TPS reports..from one cube to the next. Its so exciting. I think I'm single handedly winning the war on terrorism, one paper cut at a time. I may put myself in for a medal.

Just a reminder.......don't forget to put a cover page on your TPS reports.   :)

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 11:23:37 PM »
I've heard that a lot of Iraqi military are just lazy.  They don't always show up for work, quit, and there is no penalty.

Some of their officers are actually pretty good, it's the enlisted guys who have no sense of pride in what they do.  They've always had a somewhat professional officer corps, but they have yet to develop that in their enlisted guys...no military can be successful with out a professional corps of enlisted NCOs.  Hell, the Greeks and Romans both taught us that lesson.
Johnny Cash Was Right

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »
We break crap...thats what we do. I had an Afghan "mayor" tell the Civil Affairs guys I was with that unless they got a well built, they were going with the Taliban. He calls trashcanistan..we called it asscrackistan...either way it sucks.

Headhunter, sounds like you worked closely with, or for one of the PRT teams.  That's pretty much what I do.  I'm a USAF STS Targeteer and I work with the ODA bubbas.  We do some security for the PRT and, like you said in one of your posts, keep an eye on the Pak border.  I'm down here in Zabol Province, "Havin' Fun On Hwy One"
Johnny Cash Was Right

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 11:32:31 PM »
The damm rags could pull themselves out tommorrow and be driving BMW's by next week if they could stop killing themselves..I'm not holding my breath.

You're speakin' the damn truth there.  Afghanistan used to be a tourist mecca for skiing and backpacking back in the 60's.  The Er Valley in Iraq is considered by many to be the literal cradle of life....they could make a killing on Eco-Tourism alone....but they just won't get their shit in stack.
Johnny Cash Was Right

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 05:57:34 AM »
to kill as many arabs as humanly possible.

The Arabs in Iraq are doing a damn fine job of killing each other.  Not only do they not need us around for that to continue, as soon as we leave, you'll see what the Shia clerics refer to as "The Night of The Long Knives".
Johnny Cash Was Right

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
Johnny Cash Was Right

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »
Working? ???  YOu crack me up. YOu on crack? Dont talk steroids or war, you make a ass of youself.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
trust george w, foreign policy is his expertise.

I hope you aint seroius. W's idea of Foreign policy is, amnesty for Mex Fence jumpers.
Nice cheap labor for all his rich Buds.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »
Headhunter, sounds like you worked closely with, or for one of the PRT teams.  That's pretty much what I do.  I'm a USAF STS Targeteer and I work with the ODA bubbas.  We do some security for the PRT and, like you said in one of your posts, keep an eye on the Pak border.  I'm down here in Zabol Province, "Havin' Fun On Hwy One"

Hey bro...I got to go everywhere and see everything.. I had AF guys and Marines under me over there last year..it was great..travel all over the place without alot of adult supervison. While my guys worked with most of the PRT's I worked with Bagram PRT and Panjsher PRT when i wanted a vacation. So nice up there..anyway if u need anything.... I think the SF group ur with now was there when we got there last year....We got on better with 3rd gruop..who replaced them...either way be safe. And keep posting.
L

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
bush has to be in the top 5 of all u.s. presidents.

his genius is remarkable.

YOu Seroius? The dammage that Fuck up did is gona cause untold grief for centuries. Could be the first steps to the demise of mankind. Total Fucking loser.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
YOu Seroius? The dammage that Fuck up did is gona cause untold grief for centuries. Could be the first steps to the demise of mankind. Total Fucking loser.

He's just getting a rise out of everyone playing that side. 

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »

are you mistakenly referring to bill clinton?

I think the main Damage Billy did was gut and make our intell services PC to the best of his ability.
The idea we can negotiate w/ Islam is nuts. Clinton had the good fortune of being Prez during
a fairly prosperous trouble free period. I dont like him, but it's doubtfull at this point that ANYONE
could have made a worse mess than W. Bush screwed w/ the natural order of things in the Mid East.
They are Barbarians that need a brutal leader like Saddam,Gadafi,etc.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 07:31:40 AM »
Colossus, that was beautiful! That one pic of the father kissing that newborn, was precious.
For a minute, I thought he was gonna suck him up like a vacuum if he wasn't careful.  :D
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »
why disrupt all the rebuilding that's going on?

besides, we're winning the war on terror.

Im not so sure about thet. Hit 9ballSlim up for a front line account. I'll go w/ his version and it jibes w/ my take. THis is a loss and waste. (Unless your a millitary contractor, then its a wet dream $> ;))

Undercover Supp Guy

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 08:44:56 PM »
Because we're so fucked up there we have to stay, the next Pres. will get us out.