Author Topic: Stopping deca  (Read 3977 times)

clayton green

• Getbig II
Stopping deca
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »
I have been on test-e and deca for about 4 weeks.  I am thinking about stopping the deca for concern of hair loss with me taking proscar.  It is my understanding that if a person takes deca while on proscar it can actually cause hair loss.   As I am prone to hair loss, I do not want to reverse any progress I have make in hair retention over the past 10 years. 

I am planning to keep running the test-e 750 mg and test-prop 100 eod.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Stopping deca
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »
I have been on test-e and deca for about 4 weeks.  I am thinking about stopping the deca for concern of hair loss with me taking proscar.  It is my understanding that if a person takes deca while on proscar it can actually cause hair loss.   As I am prone to hair loss, I do not want to reverse any progress I have make in hair retention over the past 10 years. 

I am planning to keep running the test-e 750 mg and test-prop 100 eod.

I have never heard of the Deca/Proscar combo CAUSING hair loss.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I've never heard of that.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 01:26:53 PM »
One of the express design ideas of Deca was to minimize the androgenic sides like hair loss. It's way less likely to drop your hair then Tests, Dbol, HCG,.
Drol, controversial, Im not so sure about it. I cant stand it long enough to matter.

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 01:51:28 PM »
Deca Durabolin - I've never had a problem with my hair on this one, neither have hundreds of other guys I've talked to. The safety of this steroid, as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be.. One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca.

Above is an excerpt from one of the web sites that I use as reference for hair loss issues, treatments, etc.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 01:54:36 PM »
Who's the author?

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
His name is Kelly Slater, he is the owner, I believe, of MPB research, which has been around for at least 20 years.  Just google MPB research and go to the steroids page.  Let me know what you think of him. 

uckmo

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »
Kelly Slater the surfer? you just dont lose your hair in a cycle or even 3 cycles.
it would take a while.I read you can lose your hair useing test and your gonna still use the test?
You can even lose your hair if you drink coffee and soda.but you still drink it.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 02:11:35 PM »
His name is Kelly Slater, he is the owner, I believe, of MPB research, which has been around for at least 20 years.  Just google MPB research and go to the steroids page.  Let me know what you think of him. 

I dont know ???

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 04:50:46 PM »
Deca Durabolin - I've never had a problem with my hair on this one, neither have hundreds of other guys I've talked to. The safety of this steroid, as far as hairloss is concerned, stems from the fact that 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, instead of converting it to a stronger androgen like DHT, converts it to a very mild androgen called DHN. Taken in dosages of up to 300-400 mg weekly it shouldn't produce any hairloss problems, this is due to the fact that, being a highly HPTA supressive androgen, 300-400 mg are no more androgenic than our endogenous testosterone (supressed while we are taking it) would be.. One BIG word of caution: While you are taken Deca Durabolin never ever take 5AR blockers such as Proscar/Propecia, for it would block the conversion of nandrolone to DHN in tissues such as the scalp and the prostate, resulting in hairloss and BPH, which is what we are trying to avoid taking Deca.

Above is an excerpt from one of the web sites that I use as reference for hair loss issues, treatments, etc.

Kelly Slater?

Doesn't ring any bells, bro.

I've read Anabolics 2007 (http://www.molecularnutrition.net/products_book.html) from front to back and there is no such mention of any hairloss phenomenon with Deca.

I'd take William Llewellyn's experience over someone I've never heard of.   :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 06:10:25 AM »
The advice from the Board members thus far has been "right on"!  I have no reason to dispute your experience and will take your advice and stay on the deca.  The reason I was willing to stay on the test was because I use a lot of topical (Nizoral shampoo, spirolactone creme, etc) and oral (proscar) dht blockers.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 06:14:44 AM »
The advice from the Board members thus far has been "right on"!  I have no reason to dispute your experience and will take your advice and stay on the deca.  The reason I was willing to stay on the test was because I use a lot of topical (Nizoral shampoo, spirolactone creme, etc) and oral (proscar) dht blockers.

Ive never heard that connection either, and proscar been around from back in the day of Dan Duchaine.
I think it'd be common knowledge if there were a issue.  Sexual probs for Some guys is all I ever heard.
***ANd dont expose pregnant woman to the dust of these split pills, can cause serious birth defect***

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 08:33:16 AM »
I have been on Proscar for over 10 years and my wife even got pregant while I was on it with no problems.  Personally, I have not experienced any sides with Proscar.  I know MPB research does not condone using deca with Proscar and I though that I read it somewhere else.  I will keep looking and post if and when I find other supporting info.

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »
I have googled deca-proscar hairloss and found numerous post on other boards regarding hair loss involving deca and proscar.  The following is an excerpt from one of the Boards, which makes sense.

Nandralone (active ingredient in Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - ) is the worst possible thing you could ever imagine for your hair. This hormone has the MOST androgenic activity in the hair. However, 5-alpha reductase has a very strong affinity towards nandralone. This 5-AR turns nandralone into DHN. DHN is not dihydrotestosterone. DHN has the LOWEST androgenic activity in the scalp. DHN's androgenic activity is concentrated in muscle tissue (not the scalp). So, Deca and nandralone analogs are actually the SAFEST steroids as they will have the LOWEST androgenic activity in the scalp post 5-alpha reduction. If you stop 5-AR from converting nandralone to DHN, you keep Deca as an androgen that concentrates its androgenic activity in the scalp causing extreme hairloss. This is why finasteride will make your hair fall out if you use it in conjunction with Deca. Finasteride prevents Deca from turning into the safe DHN.

large and in charge

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »
so what is your goal...hair or muscle? ;) your dilema is probably adding to your hair loss. ???

If its gonna go it will, same as people who get acne from gear or bitch ot whatever....you have to decide where your dream is........hair today gone tomorrow ;D

most guys say sod it and shave it off over here in blighty,and you could use the money for better things. Just an opinion......best of luck.
Team Biohazard UK

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 10:00:34 AM »
That's what I pretty much have decided.  I staying on the test-e and deca.  If it all goes, I will shave it off. 

large and in charge

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
good to see you've seen the light.............if you shave it off its one less worry.best of luck 8)
Team Biohazard UK

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Your right!  I will actually save about $100.00 plus a month on prescription and ancillary products for hair loss.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »
Personaly, I cant believe I aint totally bald. Simply a small spot. Pretty good really.
Considering all the Test and Dbo and Drol HCG (That one I think is worst)

large and in charge

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 06:56:45 AM »
 ;D at you trab.................... .....you lucky F"¬*........
Team Biohazard UK

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »
Personaly, I cant believe I aint totally bald. Simply a small spot. Pretty good really.
Considering all the Test and Dbo and Drol HCG (That one I think is worst)
Trab,

Do you find that any gear is worse on your hair than others?  I have been sitting on some naps because of the potential of a lot of hair loss.

Do you use anything to try and keep what you got?

I am going to stay  on the test-e 750mg/wk and deca 450mg/wk and run it  until around the end of august then go on my first pct.  I would like to go back on sometime around january in prep  for the summer. I would like to stay rather big  but cut but I know it comes down to diet.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 06:19:22 PM »
I think Ive noticed some go more on HCG or big load of test. Actualy I think rapidly falling or bouncing levels are worst.
Sometime I notice more seem to be in the tub, hats , etc...
But I know guys been completely bald from 22yrs old that never used steroids.
One is like a silverback though ::). He prolly has a Nat Test level of 1000.
Another is skinny as hell..

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »
I hope the 750 mg of test and deca don 't cause any further loss.  I keep it a crew cut so it is hard to notice if it falling out.  I keep asking the wife  if she notices any further recession or thinning on top.  However, I continue to use proscar 2.5 mg daily, nizoral shampoo, minoxidil 5%, emu oil, topical spiro, sod's, and a few other things.  I could probably grow hair on concrete if I put all this stuff on it. 

Next cycle I may use Anavar and primo-depot, as I read that they are not bad on the hair. However, I like test!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2007, 06:36:30 AM »
I think var and deca and low doses of Primo are prolly the least offenders.
There been a lot of yak yak about "DHT" steroids, being worse, I dont know.
I think it may be some combo of low nat testo also. Bouncing levels are worst IMO.

clayton green

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »
Trab,

I have been using Monday's as my injection day and have been injecting 750mg test-3 and 450 mg of deca.  One of the guys at the gym suggested that I should break up the injections as follows:

Monday: 250 mg test-e
Tuesday: 300mg Deca
Wednesday: 250mg test-e
Thursday: 150 mg deca
Friday: 250 mg test-e

Start all over on Monday again.  What do you think of spreading the injects out over a week opposed to during them all in one day.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
Trab,

I have been using Monday's as my injection day and have been injecting 750mg test-3 and 450 mg of deca.  One of the guys at the gym suggested that I should break up the injections as follows:

Monday: 250 mg test-e
Tuesday: 300mg Deca
Wednesday: 250mg test-e
Thursday: 150 mg deca
Friday: 250 mg test-e

Start all over on Monday again.  What do you think of spreading the injects out over a week opposed to during them all in one day.

I'd break the Te in at least 2 shots, the Deca is so long acting it is of little consequense IMO.
I dont like extra shots, but 750Te at a whack is more than I'd tend to like. It has a very fast peak, and I'd rather space it out w/   lower peak plasma level spikes more often.  The ONLY Bennie I see breaking that deca up is a couple extra days on it.  If there's extra room in the hypo,  I'd split it. I shure wouldnt do a extra poke over it.
If its in multi use vials, Id split dose in 1/2  2xwk.

That why I like SUS. if Im not using much, I could just stick a 3cc shot every 17th day and run great on that.
Not gonna swell up like a bull on that, but you wont crash either.