Author Topic: cancer and gh  (Read 1487 times)

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
cancer and gh
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »

dr_para24

• Getbig III
Re: cancer and gh
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »
does any one know the effects of some one with cancer using human grwth hormone ? i have heard both negative and positive effects , does any one have any links of info ?

No that common unless he is using everyday for 2 - 3 years non stops

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »
I don't have any links but here's what I do know. If you have cancer cells, when you take HGH these cancer cells then grow. After all, that's what HGH does...makes things in the body grow.

HGH+cancer...bad idea IMO.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
I don't have any links but here's what I do know. If you have cancer cells, when you take HGH these cancer cells then grow. After all, that's what HGH does...makes things in the body grow.

HGH+cancer...bad idea IMO.

True, but that goes for AAS and IGF-1 as well.

Anything with the potential for anabolism in the body also has carcogenic possibilities.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

KGG

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:29:04 PM »
WHAT  if  some one  does  not  have  canser cells  ?talking growth  will  still might  cause  canser?.
and  can   some one get canser  if  he  is abigginer  growth  user?  and he is  berley taking it  for like  2 months?

please  some  one knowlogble answer me

thanks

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:01 AM »
WHAT  if  some one  does  not  have  canser cells  ?talking growth  will  still might  cause  canser?.
and  can   some one get canser  if  he  is abigginer  growth  user?  and he is  berley taking it  for like  2 months?

please  some  one knowlogble answer me

thanks

There is plenty of lab evidence that use of GH and/or IGF-1 can be potentially carcinogenic, and these compounds can also accelerate the growth of existing cancers.  On the flip side, I know of no statistically significant evidence that there is a higher rate of cancers among bodybuilders utilizing GH for muscular enhancement. Anecdotally, as my center utilizes GH to stimulate height in GH-deficient or very small stature children, we have no recorded case of cancer in any of these children (dosing is around 1 i.u. per day for several years).

I have pasted just a small sampling of some recent related articles for the interested reader:

Advanced Rat Mammary Cancers Are Growth Hormone Dependent.Shen Q, Lantvit DD, Lin Q, Li Y, Christov K, Wang Z, Unterman TG, Mehta RG, Swanson SM.
Departments of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy (Q.S., D.D.L, Q.L.,Y.L., Z.W., S.M.S.), Surgical Oncology (K.C., S.M.S.), and Medicine (T.G.U.), University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 60612; Department of Veterans Affairs Jesse Brown Medical Center (T.G.U), Chicago, IL, 60612; Illinois Institute of Technology Research Institute (R.G.M.), Chicago, IL 60616.

Epidemiologic studies suggest that the growth hormone/insulin-like growth factor I (GH/IGF-I) axis may promote human cancers. Animal models in which the GH/IGF-I axis can be controlled may be helpful in elucidating the role of these hormones during mammary cancer progression. Beginning at 3 or 5 weeks of age, Spontaneous Dwarf Rats (SDR, Gh(dr/dr)), which lack GH and have very low serum IGF-I, were treated with either rat or bovine GH twice daily. Other Gh(dr/dr) rats received vehicle, and wild-type Sprague Dawley rats (Gh(+/+), parent strain to SDR) received vehicle. One week later, all rats were exposed to a single injection of N-methyl-N-nitrosourea. Body weight gain and serum IGF-I levels were similar in Gh(+/+) and GH-treated Gh(dr/dr) rats. Furthermore, mammary tumor incidence, latency and multiplicity were similar in Gh(+/+) and GH-treated Gh(dr/dr) rats. Vehicle treated Gh(dr/dr) rats developed no tumors. Once advanced (>/= 1 cm(3)) mammary cancers were established in GH-treated Gh(dr/dr) rats, GH treatments were halted and nearly all tumors regressed completely within two weeks. Tumor regression was associated with loss of phospho-STAT3, but not alterations in IGF-I, IGF-I receptor or GH receptor. These results demonstrate that Gh(dr/dr) rats, which are nearly refractory to mammary carcinogenesis, can be made vulnerable by restoring GH and IGF-I. Furthermore, advanced rat mammary cancers are dependent upon GH and/or IGF-I for their survival. Therefore, therapeutics that target either GH or IGF-I may be effective at treating even advanced mammary cancers.

PMID: 17584969 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Role of insulin-like growth factor-1 in colon cancerogenesis: a case-control study.Tripkovic I, Tripkovic A, Strnad M, Capkun V, Zekan L.
Department of Epidemiology, Teaching Institute of Public Health of Split and Dalmatia Country, Split, Croatia. ingrid_tripkovic@net.hr

BACKGROUND: Our aim was to establish whether individuals who developed colon cancer have elevated blood levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). METHODS: This was a case/control study in which 52 patients with colon cancer and a corresponding control group were investigated. Data on age, weight, height, and sex of subjects were recorded and levels of IGF-1 and growth hormone, as well as insulin and C-peptide levels, were measured in the morning before eating, 90 min after breakfast and again 90 min after lunch. RESULTS: We found significantly higher levels of IGF-1 in blood of colon cancer patients compared to the control group. No differences in the levels of growth hormone, insulin and C-peptide in blood were found between colon cancer patients and the control group. It was found that the increase of IGF-1 level was followed by a 3.15-fold increased risk for developing colon cancer. There were no differences in the levels of IGF-1 in blood in all three measurements in the group of colon cancer patients, whereas differences were found in the control group. We found differences in the levels of insulin and C-peptide in blood in all three measurements in both groups of patients. No differences were found in the levels of growth hormone in blood in all three measurements in both groups of patients. CONCLUSIONS: The results of this study suggest a positive correlation between the increased levels of IGF-1 and colon cancer and are thus consistent with the hypothesis that the level of IGF-1 plays an important role in the development of colon cancer.

PMID: 17560457 [PubMed - in process]

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
True, but that goes for AAS and IGF-1 as well.

Anything with the potential for anabolism in the body also has carcogenic possibilities.

DIV

I thought AAS are ok to use if you have any type of cancer except glandular cancer? Weren't they developed to help a patient survive intense chemo?