Author Topic: Need help complex math equation! to equate how much ability gained with less fat  (Read 3036 times)

• Getbig III
Plyometrics.
Ron Paul 2012

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
It is all in the mind.  Do it Successfully in you're mind, and  you're body will follow.
Most are all show no go!

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
shit, im 6'3" 270 and i can grab the rim.  you must have spaghetti calves.

jwb

• Getbig V
  Wrong. Power remains a constant assuming that he loses pure fat. That is why in my first post I mentioned that "assuming that you lose only fat". If your muscle mass remains the same, then power output remains the same. Don't try to outsmart yourself. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
you can assume someone can lose only pure fat but it ain't gonna be the case especially with a guy as lean as DW.

throw in gear and that changes the landscape

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
it would increase his verticle by 8% of whatever his vertical is, not by 8% of how high his hand is over the rim.

on a side note it is kind of pathetic that you can't dunk at 6'6" - I can dunk a half-sized basketball at 5'10"

this is what i was thinking, if the total height that DW said he can jump now is 126 inches, 8% of that is 10.08 inches.  That would make a much larger difference.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
DW, you need to measure the distance from the ground to the tips of your fingers with your hands held straight above your head. Then you will need to subtract this number (in inches) from 126 to get an estimate of your vertical. Once you get that number, multiply it by 1.08 to get your new vertical if you were to lose 20 pounds.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
it would increase his verticle by 8% of whatever his vertical is, not by 8% of how high his hand is over the rim.

on a side note it is kind of pathetic that you can't dunk at 6'6" - I can dunk a half-sized basketball at 5'10"
I don't think he said that he couldn't dunk; if he can get his hand 6 inches above the rim I would think he could.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
I doubt that 6 inches above the rim is enough to be able to dunk a regulation basketball.
Oh, I've never been close to dunking so I guess I wouldn't know.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
I'm 6' even and I rock the rim.

If I was 6'6" I'd be in the NBA...

If I had a jumpshot  :'(

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
there is no one accurate equation to calculate this. dont listen to suckmysmuscle he's an idiot. there are way too many factors to accurately predict this. just lose the damn weight for basketball sake and you'll jump higher. stop asking stupid questions that dont have an answer to.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I'm 6'3-6'3and in high school I wanted to impress bitches by dunking cuz only abou 2 people there could. So I bought 10 pound ankle weights and did 4 sets of absolute failure bodyweight calf raises. 1 set of straight jumping from my tiptoes with them on til i couldnt jump anymore. Then took them off and did the same thing all over again with just bodyweight.

Took about 3 months to get it but it worked. Jumping was hard on my joints though. 

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo

These posts get any queerer and you may be able to float over the basket.
;D lol
nasser=piece of shit

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
DW, you need to measure the distance from the ground to the tips of your fingers with your hands held straight above your head. Then you will need to subtract this number (in inches) from 126 to get an estimate of your vertical. Once you get that number, multiply it by 1.08 to get your new vertical if you were to lose 20 pounds.

Yes.  If you can jump 18 inches now, your new jump (in a perfect fat-loss-only world which deosn't exist) would be 19.44 inches.  You will lose muscle too, but this will be more than offset by training specifically for your goal.

The real math question is:
If DW leaves St. Louis on the 8:44 train bound for New York traveling at 63 mph, and TA leaves Chicago at 9:24 on a New York train traveling 86 mph, which of these two guys will starve to death first?

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
DW you need to start doing jump squats with dumbells

nhwood

• Getbig II
Common mistake that dunking comes from the calves.  Just look at most NBA players very small calves.  It mostly from the hams and gluts.  So train them hard.

I am 6'2 white and 220 at 10% and I can dunk like a black dude.  I have been able to dunk since I was a junior in high school and that was 16 years ago  :o

When I was a senior in high school I was in the Hoop-It-Up dunk contest and took 4th out of about 10 guys.  Most that did worse than me missed the dunks so that played a factor in why I did better.

Now I am no Vince Carter but I can just about touch my elbow on the rim.  I suffered two broken ankles and an ACL in college so my basketball dreams faded fast.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Common mistake that dunking comes from the calves.  Just look at most NBA players very small calves.  It mostly from the hams and gluts.  So train them hard.

I am 6'2 white and 220 at 10% and I can dunk like a black dude.  I have been able to dunk since I was a junior in high school and that was 16 years ago  :o

When I was a senior in high school I was in the Hoop-It-Up dunk contest and took 4th out of about 10 guys.  Most that did worse than me missed the dunks so that played a factor in why I did better.

Now I am no Vince Carter but I can just about touch my elbow on the rim.  I suffered two broken ankles and an ACL in college so my basketball dreams faded fast.

yeah i was playing against some slim b-ballers who werent really ripped but could dunk very well
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
This shit defies math.

BklynMuscle

• Getbig I

I am 6'2 white and 220 at 10% and I can dunk like a black dude.  I have been able to dunk since I was a junior in high school and that was 16 years ago  . 

BUT....

He said he neverplayed team sports!!!! ::)

suckmymuscle

dont listen to suckmysmuscle he's an idiot

Meltdown

Ok, genius, why don't you provide us with a reason for why I'm wrong. And while you're at it, show us the best way to calculate this. Good luck, Good Will Hunting. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE