Author Topic: Hatton vs. Mayweather, Barrera vs. Pac-man  (Read 2710 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Hatton vs. Mayweather, Barrera vs. Pac-man
« on: July 02, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »
It appears that these are going to be the big ppv fights this fall, I really would have rather seen Marquez/pac fight again but, oh well.  I want to see Barrera win and then go off into the sunset on a good note, but I don't really see that happening.  Hatton/Mayweather- I really am not a fan of Hattons punch and grab style, but he does get shit done.  Mayweather on the other hand has gotten by in his last couple fights on his bicycle.  My heart is with Hatton but my brain says Mayweather by cowardly decision.  On an unrelated note, Margarito/Williams later this month has fireworks written all over it.
Predictions
 40/61

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Hatton vs. Mayweather, Barrera vs. Pac-man
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:27:16 PM »
It appears that these are going to be the big ppv fights this fall, I really would have rather seen Marquez/pac fight again but, oh well.  I want to see Barrera win and then go off into the sunset on a good note, but I don't really see that happening.  Hatton/Mayweather- I really am not a fan of Hattons punch and grab style, but he does get shit done.  Mayweather on the other hand has gotten by in his last couple fights on his bicycle.  My heart is with Hatton but my brain says Mayweather by cowardly decision.  On an unrelated note, Margarito/Williams later this month has fireworks written all over it.

I agree.  Although, Hatton's style may work in his benefit in a fight with Mayweather.  It is going to be very difficult for Hatton to hit Mayweather if Mayweather sticks and moves to the outside as he has in most fights.  However he may be able to hurt Mayweather coming out of a clinch. If he can land a few flush body shots inside during the clinch it may slow Mayweather down.  I still think Mayweather will win by decision.  I hope I am wrong.
A

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 07:56:52 PM »
Hatton vs floyd will be a sleeper. UD by floyd.

Pac vs Marco will be a different animal altogether. Pac will bring the heat, and marco will not back down = somebody going to get hurt bad.

I expect Marco to box effective earlier on and not get too tempted into a brawl and take the punishment he took last time. Pac man is just so relentless though. Should be a great rematch. Can't believe that fight was almost 5 yrs ago. 

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »
I am a huge Barrera fan but it seems like Manny just keeps getting better.  When Manny first hit the scene he was primarily a headhunter but now he's a complete fighter.  I think Manny wins by a late TKO.

Mayweather/Hatton could either be really exciting or really boring.  I don't think Floyd has the power to rock Ricky and I don't think Ricky has the speed to chase Floyd.  Ricky is very smart when it comes to making his opponents fight his fight and I wouldn't be surprised if someone he manages to tempt Floyd into fighting on the inside a little.

Margarito/Williams should be a complete war. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 02:36:43 PM »
Hatton-Mayweather is completely uncallable at the moment - Ricky is on a high and fights better against the top guys when under pressure whereas Mayweather was unconvincing against De La Hoya so it will be close. It'll be an awesome fight if it goes ahead - it won't be boring that's for sure - there's too much bad blood between the two.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »
A pure boxer with some speed, accuracy, and agility will give Hatton a rough night. Luis Collazo proved that. If it weren't for the knock down in the 2nd, the judges would have given to Collazo.
Mayweather by UD.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
A pure boxer with some speed, accuracy, and agility will give Hatton a rough night. Luis Collazo proved that. If it weren't for the knock down in the 2nd, the judges would have given to Collazo.
Mayweather by UD.

Collazo deserved to lose that fight for even trying to fight a smaller guy on the inside.  Any tall fighter who does that deserves to have his ass handed to him.  Collazo got hammered on the inside.

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »
Collazo deserved to lose that fight for even trying to fight a smaller guy on the inside.  Any tall fighter who does that deserves to have his ass handed to him.  Collazo got hammered on the inside.
Aside from the mistakes Collazo made early in the fight, he exposed Hattons weaknesses. Once Collazo started utilizing his jab and throwing combinations he started winning more rounds. By the end of the fight Hatton was almost out. This fight was the blueprint on how to beat him.

Mayweather  by UD.