Author Topic: Separate training board?  (Read 3065 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Separate training board?
« on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:08 PM »
Not a lot of training info here, what would you think of something for this?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Separate training board for women?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 06:00:07 PM »
Thinking of suggesting this, what say you? I mean specifically for training issues.

I guess it depends in part on what you would like to see happen with the women's BB board. 
I intended to start focusing this board more on training and competitions, etc....basically whatever the girls around here want as well as any fans and supporters of FBB.

I started a Glute/Lower Body training thread in here and have plans to start several additional training threads, and then I was planning on spamming the general training board to get more people over here hahahaa.

However, I could fully support a separate training board for women if people wanted this board to stay more oriented towards pics and general FBB stuff, etc....and if I could be a mod on the new training board for women.   ;D

:)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: Separate training board?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:07 PM »
if you have specific questions about FBB training, this is a good board for it.  None of that negativity or joking like on some boards.  ask away
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:55:08 AM »
I think that a women's training board could be a good thing and could get more women participating. 
There are several training threads sprinkled in the open talk for girls board and this board...
I'm not sure how many women come to the women's BB board for training info and advice at this time.  A women's training board could be for women who like to train on all levels, not just BBs.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 07:21:28 AM »
you know who I'd consult for a routine or a specific question  ;D
X

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:31:18 PM »
Rip & Pump both have Lota great training info.
Frankly the Average Nat guy'd be better off aiming to copy a advanced female BBers  program then
the stuff foisted off on them in the Muscle Magazines. Andrulas program would take most guys
further then reading what Marcus or Branch CAN DO!
The magazines have done a huge disservice to people with BBing aspirations thru the yrs.
Diet wise too. They throw out a precontest diet for a pro and young guys think thats the way ::)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
Rip & Pump both have Lota great training info.
Frankly the Average Nat guy'd be better off aiming to copy a advanced female BBers  program then
the stuff foisted off on them in the Muscle Magazines. Andrulas program would take most guys
further then reading what Marcus or Branch CAN DO!
The magazines have done a huge disservice to people with BBing aspirations thru the yrs.
Diet wise too. They throw out a precontest diet for a pro and young guys think thats the way ::)

Also you have to notice how your body reacts to training, and find out what works best for you.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »
I think that Ron would support a women's training board if we can get the women to start posting here first...I will start some training threads in the near future, as soon as I get a few things sorted out.  In the meantime, we need to encourage the women around here to get more involved in this board.  any ideas?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 08:45:40 AM »
Since this board has "Hardcore Training" in the title it might be discouraging some women from reading and/or posting here.  Maybe until a Women's Training Board has more merit, Ron could revise the board title? 

Just a thought. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »
if you have specific questions about FBB training, this is a good board for it.  None of that negativity or joking like on some boards.  ask away

I can't say I would want you giving me advice let alone my dog

;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 12:29:59 PM »
TBh, although the idea is a nice thought, for now I think this board should just function as the female training board. When boards are split up too much, they tend to get even slower. Just look at General Topics to confirm this :D