Author Topic: Special Ed's L.A. Adventure Part Deux  (Read 4781 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Special Ed's L.A. Adventure Part Deux
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »
I'm back in LA. Went to Venice yesterday and stopped by the one and only Max Muscle Venice Beach run by our very own MadMax Dave. I was fortunate to catch Dave as I was walking out and we ended up hanging out for a while. Dave looks like he has the size to compete at a very high level, but he's a business man at heart. Most impressively, malgre etre de Montreal, son francais est parfait.

I stopped by Gold's Venice and I said hi to Chris Cormier who looks to be hard at work on the comeback trail. I also saw Jerome Ferguson who looked very tight and conditioned 3 weeks out of the USAs. I hope Jerome wins a Pro Card because he has the funniest personality of any bodybuilder out there and it would be fun to see more of him.  Our own Kris Gethin was there doing a photoshoot of some shredded  guy that apparently won a new type of contest in Australia that rewards a 'classic' physique type. I also saw one of the Barbarian brothers who looks about 1/4 the size of the old Barbarian brothers, but he was ripped to the bone. I also saw a very large and in-shape Will Harris on the way out and passed Silvio Samuel on the way in.

Just another day at the Mecca.

Tomorrow, Special Ed looks to meet up with the Kingpin himself, GEtbig's own Ron.

BigNationRadio.com

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: SPECIAL ED'S LA ADVENTURE PART DEUX
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
come train at muscle beach pit, I will be over there by 1 pm

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »
Dave looks like he has the size to compete at a very high level, but he's a business man at heart.

BULLSHIT

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
he use to compete, he weighed 205, in contest-like shape.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
Wheres your camera damnit

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 07:58:59 PM »
Dave looks like he has the size to compete at a very high level, but he's a business man schmoe at heart.

fixed!
Ron: "I am lazy."

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
hahahahahahha   ;D

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
 8) report Special Ed!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »
awesome pictures  >:(

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 09:34:35 PM »
Dear Special Ed, it was really nice meeting you today and put a face on a name.  I had a great time getting to know you  and find out that we are a lot alike.  Txs for the compliment on the size thing but I willalso have to disagree as the caliber of athletes here are way above mine, but is why I like what I do so much, it allows me to be around the sport in a positive way and do something I really enjoy, I guess at the end of the way, just like we talked about, that's what really matter, do something you are pasionate about and makes you about to get up every morning.  For me, this little shop represent just that, I met a lot of great friends including most of all the Pros I know today and I could not think of anything else I'd like to do better than this.
Txs for stopping by and feel free to come back anytime.
Dave/Max.
Check often for updates @

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
Dear Ed,

Have a great summer. See you next year.

CARTEL

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 11:45:21 PM »
I also saw a very large and in-shape Will Harris

Did he take you out to dinner like he did with MattT ?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Alex23

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 12:33:46 AM »
Call me man.. I'll come up this week....

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 09:18:43 PM »
Special Ed continued his LA adventure on Thursday, having lunch with the real Boss, Getbig OG Pimp, Ron Avidan.  As it turns out, the best deli in Los Angeles, Brent's Deli, just happens to be a few blocks from Ron's office, so we met up for some wicked corned beef and pastrami sandwiches and talked about our plot to take over the universe. Actually, as everyone who has met him knows, Ron is truly one of the nicest guys on the planet.  Heck, he even bought me lunch.  We talked about all things bodybuilding and as always, Ron's brilliant combination of encyclopedic bodybuilding knowledge combined with insider information makes for an interesting time.

On Friday, Special Ed finally caught up with Getbig's own Alex23.  When we spoke earlier in the week, I was surprised to hear Alex had a strong French-Canadian accent.  I mean, first MADMAX DAVE and now ALEX23?? Does everyone in LA hail from Montreal and talk like Jacque Chirac? Anyway, my friend Greenie recently opened the best new (and best-reviewed) restaurant to hit LA in years called TheFoundryonMelrose.com/ and Alex drove up from his ritzy retirement community to join me and a Hollywood pal for drinks.  I had no trouble spotting him because he was twice the size of everyone else there. Seriously, guys like Alex are usually seen at Muscle Beach or Gold's and never seen anywhere else, but there he was, standing at the bar, somehow managing to entertain not one, but two Swedish (or were they Finnish) blondes like a true playa. Like a good friend, I immediately cock-blocked him by giving him the ultra-gay European multiple cheek-kissing ritual, followed by a polite grab of the balls and the girls split faster than Bethany Howlett at a 'Meet Harry Convention'. 

Unfortunately, Garraeth and I were unable to meet up -- probably because he's one of the few guys in LA who actually WORKS! Anyway, just giving you guys the update on Special Ed's LA Adventure Part Deux. Not fascinating, but then again, not much is.
BigNationRadio.com

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »
Most impressively, malgre etre de Montreal, son francais est parfait.

French in Québec is quite different than French from that other, er, special country.

And we knew Alex23 was French speaking... there's a video of him somewhere... he sounds like Éric Lapointe imitating a separatist caban a sucre worker from the Monteregie.
Repent, or join me!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »
you never showed for a workout at muscle beach................... .I will be there tomorrow at 1 pm

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 09:25:54 PM »
You are one funny dude Jason.  I'm glad you had a good time in LA bud, come back soon.
D.
Check often for updates @

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
you never showed for a workout at muscle beach................... .I will be there tomorrow at 1 pm

hey, which particular PT did you have a conflict with at Gold's? Tito Raymond? Charles Glass? McGee? The Pro Team guys? Will Harris? Just curious

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Special Ed's L.A. Adventure Part Duex
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 09:43:49 PM »
Ah... such a good place, Brent's Deli, one of the most popular deli's in Los Angeles. So popular that last year, they opened a second one in Thousand Oaks now. Got there, and it was easy to spot Special Ed, after all, not too many people were waving wildly and wearing a tshirt that actually says 'Special Ed'.  It was fun talking about life, getbig, and many other interesting stories. Anyway, thanks, it was fun seeing you out here!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »
no Im friends with all those guys, tito's a hater at times.........the guys name is adam...........he's one of those guys you look at and wonder why someone would pay him to train them.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »
Special Ed continued his LA adventure on Thursday, having lunch with the real Boss, Getbig OG Pimp, Ron Avidan.  As it turns out, the best deli in Los Angeles, Brent's Deli, just happens to be a few blocks from Ron's office, so we met up for some wicked corned beef and pastrami sandwiches and talked about our plot to take over the universe. Actually, as everyone who has met him knows, Ron is truly one of the nicest guys on the planet.  Heck, he even bought me lunch.  We talked about all things bodybuilding and as always, Ron's brilliant combination of encyclopedic bodybuilding knowledge combined with insider information makes for an interesting time.

On Friday, Special Ed finally caught up with Getbig's own Alex23.  When we spoke earlier in the week, I was surprised to hear Alex had a strong French-Canadian accent.  I mean, first MADMAX DAVE and now ALEX23?? Does everyone in LA hail from Montreal and talk like Jacque Chirac? Anyway, my friend Greenie recently opened the best new (and best-reviewed) restaurant to hit LA in years called TheFoundryonMelrose.com/ and Alex drove up from his ritzy retirement community to join me and a Hollywood pal for drinks.  I had no trouble spotting him because he was twice the size of everyone else there. Seriously, guys like Alex are usually seen at Muscle Beach or Gold's and never seen anywhere else, but there he was, standing at the bar, somehow managing to entertain not one, but two Swedish (or were they Finnish) blondes like a true playa. Like a good friend, I immediately cock-blocked him by giving him the ultra-gay European multiple cheek-kissing ritual, followed by a polite grab of the balls and the girls split faster than Bethany Howlett at a 'Meet Harry Convention'. 

Unfortunately, Garraeth and I were unable to meet up -- probably because he's one of the few guys in LA who actually WORKS! Anyway, just giving you guys the update on Special Ed's LA Adventure Part Deux. Not fascinating, but then again, not much is.

Classic

Next time you're in the Chi with Blockhead make sure I get an invite.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 10:10:57 PM »
haha, im glad u had a good time with Alex special ed, and that you can actually understand him, because lord knows most of us cannot!

Alex23

Re: Special Ed's L.A. Adventure Part Deux
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 11:43:22 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA That cock block / "shalom" kiss was quite traumatic.  ;D

Fuck you bitch  8), Let's be clear here; I'm "half" French Canadian; my dad's from Montreal and my mom's from Tennessee 2nd generation German immigrant (The motha fuckin' "Swettenhams", look it up they're not that "sweet" once you start diggin'... hey, I didn't do it). They met in Livermore, CA doing some  project shit and I popped out not long after that.

Jason is an entertainer born. I almost felt like I needed to pay a cover just to hang out... You're up to great things man. Keep the focus and don't waste time with the dead end markets....  8)  8)  8)

The Foundry looks pretty sweet. I'll definitely got back to throw a couple of hundreds for dinner. I expect the same hugs from the chef/owner however  8)

No jokes, we'll make that place an LA success. Word.

Oh, better acknowledge me next time we meet on the red one  8)

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 09:10:54 AM »
haha, im glad u had a good time with Alex special ed, and that you can actually understand him, because lord knows most of us cannot!

Hahahaha.. I told you, you're supposed to "take it" ;D

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 10:04:55 AM »
Special Ed, no Charles Glass?  He was a fixture there when I used to go there.  He would be waiting in his expedition at 3:45am to train people on a daily basis.
Most are all show no go!