Author Topic: Great Danes...  (Read 15241 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Great Danes...
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:09 AM »

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »
Pits attack people..

i have noticed that everytime the subject of pitbulls comes up in a thread someone has to come out with a ignorant remark.

i have read everything from pits attack people to pits are worthless and should be banned.

i really dont understand why the mods here allow this. 

it is bad enough how pitbulls are treated today in our society.  i would think a place like this, devoted to pets, would not tolerate

such things.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2007, 01:09:16 PM »
LOVE the marmaduke cartoons, they make me miss my dane!!

FLOWER, have you seen the famous black great dane/chihuahua photograph? 
It's adorable and I know you would appreciate it.  I have it on my bulletin board and I can scan it for you if you haven't seen it.

:)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 01:20:27 PM »
LOVE the marmaduke cartoons, they make me miss my dane!!

FLOWER, have you seen the famous black great dane/chihuahua photograph? 
It's adorable and I know you would appreciate it.  I have it on my bulletin board and I can scan it for you if you haven't seen it.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
WOW, good job Kenny.   8)
I have the black one on my bulletin board but I had never seen the harlequin ones before...cute!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 02:33:35 PM »
I have the harlequin one on the other computer but the chi is saying 'Fuck You' in it, lolz

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
My personal version, and then when Chi's get annoying and you are a dane, you just squish them, lol~!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:46 PM »

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 03:28:36 PM »
loloz!!  I love it knny!!     ;D

wachu lookin at?
     ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 08:45:11 AM »
My personal version, and then when Chi's get annoying and you are a dane, you just squish them, lol~!

OMG too cute!!  Your danes are adorable flower, as is your chi!   :D

I love black danes the most, I think, followed by the blues.  I like the harlequins too, as they get so big and the coloring can be pretty cool, but I am still partial to the blacks and I always have been.

I dug around on my computer for a pic of the love of my life - Harley - but I only have like one picture of him on this computer for some reason.  He died in 2005, so I will add him to the RIP thread when I can find the right pics.

This is a pic of him at nine years old....OLD MAN!!!
He was a looker, indeed...we've had aboout 6-7 danes in my family since I've been around, and Harley was BY FAR the most amazing of them, in looks and personality.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »
Thanks Rip!!   Emmett has no great lineage to speak of and Addie was a shelter dump, so I try and tell people they are not great examples of the breed standard, but I love them, they both have great personalities!  People think Briona my dane mix is full dane, that always surprises me because she is about 85# and only 27" at the shoulder.  But she has a great stance, stacks naturally, I always tell her she is a show dog despite being a mixed breed.   ;)

Harley was handsome Rip! Post some more pics when you find them.   :D    I have never been a fan of harle's myself, I do like the mantles, but you are right about blues, they are gorgeous!!   I had always wanted a fawn or brindle but somehow got 3 black danes dane/mixes!!   ;D     So Tad is my brindle, which is odd because brindles are not common in chi's.   

9 years old is old.  Emmett will be 6 in November, I hope he makes it to 9 and longer.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:26 AM »

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

OMG too cute!!  Your danes are adorable flower, as is your chi!   :D

I love black danes the most, I think, followed by the blues.  I like the harlequins too, as they get so big and the coloring can be pretty cool, but I am still partial to the blacks and I always have been.

I dug around on my computer for a pic of the love of my life - Harley - but I only have like one picture of him on this computer for some reason.  He died in 2005, so I will add him to the RIP thread when I can find the right pics.

This is a pic of him at nine years old....OLD MAN!!!
He was a looker, indeed...we've had aboout 6-7 danes in my family since I've been around, and Harley was BY FAR the most amazing of them, in looks and personality.

Rip...great picture of Harley.  Please put Harley on our RIP thread & maybe tell a story or two about how he was like.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »
Rip...great picture of Harley.  Please put Harley on our RIP thread & maybe tell a story or two about how he was like.

Will do kenny....I just need to dig up the older pics of when he was in his prime, around 3-5 years old. 
I don't seem to have any of them on this computer for some reason.   :-\
One more I found today, this was when he was about seven years old.   

FLOWER, holy shit, those videos crack me up!   :D
I honestly don't know how you do it...I have walked two danes at the same time before, and it was not an easy task...one leash in each hand.  Harley took me down and dragged me ONCE when he was younger and I wasn't paying close attention to what was going on around me.
My mother-in-law was walking two at one time, and they saw a little dog across the street they wanted a piece of LOL, and they took off and dragged my MIL across the street and almost killed her!! 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »
Once the girls started using prong collars it got soooooo much easier!!  The dane mix (Briona) is the top dog in the house and her and Addie both like to lead on the walks, so I tandem them together.  I used to tandem Addie with Emmett because if Addie got out of line with Emmett's weight I could control her, lol!!  The prong collars keep them in line and Emmett is very obedient, he would probably stay by me without a leash on, and Tad is small so I can control him fine.  We have gotten a system down and I think they realize the overall walk experience is better for all of us if they behave themselves.  The girls are out in front, Emmett stays by me or next to the girls on the left and Tad is on my right. I keep the tandem leash and Emmett's in my left hand, and Tad's in my right!  My calves have gotten quite the workout though in the beginning from planting myself and getting them to slow down or get back into formation.   ::)  Sometimes I will carry Tad for part of the way if he gets tired, and a few times we came across an off leash dog and I scoop Tad up and hold the other 3.   I might have to reverse Tad and Emmett so my right arm gets a workout holding the 3 big dogs.     ;D

Here's a pic of me, Emmett and my niece 'Smilie'.    For those that are keeping tabs, yes, this another pic from the "Go Kart Series".
  ::)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 11:15:45 AM »
I have been reading all kinds of stuff on the internet about danes...I am almost completely convinced this is the right breed for me and my wife!  I Like the merle and mantle colored ones the best!

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 11:18:36 AM »
 ;D

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
 :D

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
 :-*

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »
 ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »
I have been reading all kinds of stuff on the internet about danes...I am almost completely convinced this is the right breed for me and my wife!  I Like the merle and mantle colored ones the best!

Nothing wrong with merles, but they are not an AKC recognized color for danes.  Just in case someone tells you they are "rare" or something.  I have seen ads for "rare colored fawnequins" and they were charging more for them!  I would stay away from any breeder that misrepresents the breed (in any breed for that matter)

Good luck!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »
dizzleman those pics are great!

Flower, that first video had me laughing.  No need for an ab workout w/Tad around.

R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
Tad likes to jump up and down in the other dog's faces, and he was doing that to Addie last week and he was trying to bite her lip, but he jumped up once and tried to bite her but then landed on his back!!  He was fine, so I stood there laughing cause it served him right for being a pain!! 

I give the big guys credit for their patience when he is climbing all over them like they are rugs. 
  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »
The pics really are GREAT, as well as the stories....they make me want another dane RIGHT NOW!!   :-[

I like the merles too, esp the silver/black ones.  My friend has one, and he is adorable.  But like flower said, they are not recognized by the AKC, which is something to think about if you have any intentions of showing the dog.