Author Topic: Transformers was insane!  (Read 7494 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Transformers was insane!
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:18:39 AM »
Great movie. Probably the most enjoyable movie I've seen all year. That is all.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Transformers was insane!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:21:50 AM »
i caught an advance screening on monday, luckily enough. it was weird as hell, being in camp lejeune NC and seeing about 2,000 marines piling into the theater to see it.

pretty rockin movie, though, i agree. i was worried, since i'm one of those dorks who bought the old 1987 movie on DVD a while back.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:15 AM »
i caught an advance screening on monday, luckily enough. it was weird as hell, being in camp lejeune NC and seeing about 2,000 marines piling into the theater to see it.

pretty rockin movie, though, i agree. i was worried, since i'm one of those dorks who bought the old 1987 movie on DVD a while back.

It was pretty funny. I couldn't remember much more than Megatron, Optimus and Starscream and a few other tidbits from when I was a kid and it came rushing back to me when I saw it.

Plus, Megan Fox is pretty damn hot.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 12:25:56 AM »
It was pretty funny. I couldn't remember much more than Megatron, Optimus and Starscream and a few other tidbits from when I was a kid and it came rushing back to me when I saw it.

Plus, Megan Fox is pretty damn hot.

haha, i shit you not when prime started talking the first thing i thought was "holy hell that's the same voice from the original movie". i turned into a little kid again like i was watching the old flick on a VHS.

and yes. yes she is. unnecessary part, but glad she was included all the same.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 12:29:36 AM »
haha, i shit you not when prime started talking the first thing i thought was "holy hell that's the same voice from the original movie". i turned into a little kid again like i was watching the old flick on a VHS.

and yes. yes she is. unnecessary part, but glad she was included all the same.

hahahaha yes, it was a great fucking rush. Kind of happy they at least paid some homage to all the old shit.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 12:35:58 AM »
Didn't you see Die harder BF? Which is better? I might go to the movies tomorrow.
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 12:40:43 AM »
Didn't you see Die harder BF? Which is better? I might go to the movies tomorrow.

I actually thought Transformers was better than Die Harder. They're both excellent but something about the $190 million worth of special effects in Transformers was absolutely worth it. Honestly, I'd see both.

Right now I'd pay to see Transformers again. Die Harder was excellent but I don't see myself paying to see it again this soon.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 12:43:05 AM »

i'm breaking man board code here by suggesting this, but ratatouille was seriously excellent. possibly the best film i caught this year.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 12:44:59 AM »
i'm breaking man board code here by suggesting this, but ratatouille was seriously excellent. possibly the best film i caught this year.

Honestly, I actually want to check that out, too. I heard it's one of the best movies made in the last few years. It's the highest rated fiml of the year on Rottentomatoes. I probably won't get around to it because I'm tired of spending so much money at the theater as of late with all the movies that have come out.  :-X

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 12:51:31 AM »
My 10 year old niece asked me to take her to see it, good to know I will enjoy it as well.
E

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 12:53:40 AM »

The acting was shitty, but the special effects were good.

Matter of fact, the special effects WERE the movie.   :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 12:56:02 AM »
no soundwave  >:(

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 02:01:31 AM »
I am taking my son to see Transformers when it is released here.
I am looking foward to the new Bourne movie, it is being released here Friday comming.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 03:14:14 AM »
rip big fella  :'(

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
defintly agree with u brother----------------the special effects were insane

it would have been nice to have a R rating so it could have been a little more gory and they could have played the evilness of the decepikons better

ohh and what was up with that little fag playing the lead role?

But that girl he was crushing was one of the hottest chicks fucking ever!! ANybody got any pics of this bitch?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 08:32:11 AM »
The acting was shitty, but the special effects were good.

Matter of fact, the special effects WERE the movie.   :-X

DIV

All summer blockbusters are like that. I actually think that Shia LeBeouf kid is a good actor. He was pretty good in "The Greatest Game Ever Played". He's starring in a lot of movies now, got a bunch coming out next year I think.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »

But that girl he was crushing was one of the hottest chicks fucking ever!! ANybody got any pics of this bitch?

Is this her?
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 09:33:11 AM »
Is this her?

Yeah that's her. Fox is a fox!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 10:06:19 AM »
Honestly, I actually want to check that out, too. I heard it's one of the best movies made in the last few years. It's the highest rated fiml of the year on Rottentomatoes. I probably won't get around to it because I'm tired of spending so much money at the theater as of late with all the movies that have come out.  :-X

not to mention #44 on IMDB's top 250 and #6 on MetaCritic's all-time list. crazy shit.

i'm in the same boat as you, last year i went to see maybe two or three movies. this year it seems like i'm getting out to the theater once a week. it's cuttin' into my beer money.  >:(

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 10:15:29 AM »
not to mention #44 on IMDB's top 250 and #6 on MetaCritic's all-time list. crazy shit.

i'm in the same boat as you, last year i went to see maybe two or three movies. this year it seems like i'm getting out to the theater once a week. it's cuttin' into my beer money.  >:(

hahaha, exactly. I usually go to the movies maybe twice a year and I've gone around 10 times already this year. Going to start hitting matinees, hahaha. $10 tickets blows.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
hahaha, exactly. I usually go to the movies maybe twice a year and I've gone around 10 times already this year. Going to start hitting matinees, hahaha. $10 tickets blows.

yikes. nice thing about smaller towns, it's about $7.50 in the evening here and like $5 for matinees. granted our theater sucks. when i saw transformers it was at a nice carmike with a digital projector and looked badass. out here it's still film and it looks like hell.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »
I thought Die Hard was better!

Both were awesome though! Not enough airtime for Starscream!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 05:32:36 PM »
I thought Die Hard was better!

Both were awesome though! Not enough airtime for Starscream!

Yeah, that kind of sucked. Starscream is definetely one of the cooler characters. I remember him getting a lot of face time in the cartoons.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »
Yeah, that kind of sucked. Starscream is definetely one of the cooler characters. I remember him getting a lot of face time in the cartoons.

His transformation was awesome though. But they really didn't bring out his personality in the movie, which was shown a lot in the cartoons. He always tried to plot against Megatron and disobeyed him. A lot of the decepticons didn't get enough airtime as opposed to the autobots.  :-X

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

movie was good
chick was hot