Author Topic: Will teh Democrats FORCE Bush to "cut and run" from Iraq?  (Read 2846 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Will teh Democrats FORCE Bush to "cut and run" from Iraq?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 09:14:45 AM »
Saddam was told to comply or there would be war. He didn't believ we would go. He was told by France, Russia and another country I can't put my finger on, that we wouldn't go. Well we did. It came as a shock. That in it self is troubling as again we were still being taken lightly by arab nations. The war was not illegal if Congress voted to give Bush the power to do so. The UN never said it was illegal. But so what....a number of countries where undermining UN resolutions as regards Iraq.

Its whats going to happen now we should be concerned with. Ur thoughts.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 09:27:49 AM »
Saddam was told to comply or there would be war. He didn't believ we would go. He was told by France, Russia and another country I can't put my finger on, that we wouldn't go. Well we did. It came as a shock. That in it self is troubling as again we were still being taken lightly by arab nations. The war was not illegal if Congress voted to give Bush the power to do so. The UN never said it was illegal. But so what....a number of countries where undermining UN resolutions as regards Iraq.

Its whats going to happen now we should be concerned with. Ur thoughts.
The US Congress authorized the president to use force.  So far so good.

The president misused that authority when he ordered the attack before the WMD inspectors could finish their jobs inspecting Iraq.

He misused the congressional grant of authority by ordering the attack in violation of UN Res. 1441 and in violation of the Nuremberg war crime holdings--he started a war of aggression.  It goes without saying that Congress's grant of authority is irrelevant to the conclusion that Bush's misuse of that authority was illegal.

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3661134.stm

International lawyers and anti-war campaigners reacted with astonishment yesterday after the influential Pentagon hawk Richard Perle conceded that the invasion of Iraq had been illegal. http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1089158,00.html

The vast majority of lawyers in this country agree with Annan and Perle.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 12:11:44 PM »
Fortunantly Annan doesn't run the country....Decker...your a good guy but if we don't get off this illegal war crap we're not gonna get anywhere.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 12:14:50 PM »
hey, don't forget bush was 2004  "time magazine man of the year"

that counts for something, doesn't?

Considering Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Jimmy Carter and Clinton all were former "time magazine man of the year" winners,  it don't mean jack shit.

P.S.  add:  Ayatullah Khomeini to the list........... ::) ::) ;D ;D

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27:25 PM »
Fortunantly Annan doesn't run the country....Decker...your a good guy but if we don't get off this illegal war crap we're not gonna get anywhere.
It's not a pleasant topic, but I can't find a decent counterargument. 

If anyone can show me different that the invasion is legal, I will admit it.

I also won't beat a dead horse.

But I will not pretend that the invasion is a topic of partisanship and that both sides have good arguments.

They don't.

That's relativism at its worst.

If I'm wrong, then someone show me and I'll admit my mistake.

(on the other hand, I've been at work since 4 a.m. and I'm ready for a break....the walls are breathing....again)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »
Your beating a horse I don't thinks exists..sorta like the unicorn of Bush issues. But anyway..what do u do.
L