Author Topic: This is a Real Athlete!  (Read 5846 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
This is a Real Athlete!
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:13:15 AM »
I like bodybuilding but C'mon!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2he29_all-access-sean-sherk

This guy would put every single person who's ever viewed this board to shame.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: This is a Real Athlete!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »
Seems as though this character works hard.He doesnt lose often  ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:42:19 AM »
this promo is aimed at 12 year olds right?

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:43:55 AM »
That guy has mastered the art of laying on top of opponents. Someday he'll learn how to damage them too, then it'll be worth watching.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 04:50:54 AM »
I know you're all not use to it, but that's what a healthy person looks like.

The bodybuilding world has warped your minds :'(

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 05:09:27 AM »
It's not about health. It's all about pullin hoes and fuckin bitches.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »
Your problem is that you think bodybuilding is about health.IT IS NOT.Its about building extreme bodies.Health has absolutely nothing to with it.Big deal ,the guy has good cardio conditioning,hes a small guy,tough guy,but very small compared to bodybuilders.Your clearly posting on the wrong site,that guys whole body is smaller then Ronnies quad.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 05:17:47 AM »
Your problem is that you think bodybuilding is about health.IT IS NOT.Its about building extreme bodies.Health has absolutely nothing to with it.Big deal ,the guy has good cardio conditioning,hes a small guy,tough guy,but very small compared to bodybuilders.Your clearly posting on the wrong site,that guys whole body is smaller then Ronnies quad.
couldnt have stated it better...we're into ronnies quads not some skinny guys cardio

edit via BlackBerry   11:03 eastern:

i was half joking with this crackpot comment

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 05:23:37 AM »
This thread is ridiculous.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 05:32:31 AM »
couldnt have stated it better...we're into ronnies quads not some skinny guys cardio

Skinny?

BigPopa

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 05:59:22 AM »
You guys are into Ronnie's quads huh, and another backing that statement up.  Well if your careers don't work out for you, you fags can be "into Ronnie's quads" together, fuckin nut hangers. 
Anyway, I love bodybuilding but I have much respect for Sean Sherk.  A great fighter, trains like no one else, crazy conditioning, and a great father.  What else can you ask for.  Oh, yeah I didn't just get that all off that short film.  That's all.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »
I agree. Steroid bodybuilding warps the judgement of what a good physique is.  Wrestlers, sprinters, running backs,Olympic lifters and other athletes are examples of what a functional real physique should look like.   I bet the top ten in the Olympia couldn't keep up with a chubby soccer mom jogging a mile.  Function should dictate what a physique looks like. 

I'm into bodybuilding but what you are looking at is cosmetic. It's so phony and temporary that when the champs go off the juice they completely lose their "body".  When I see an Olympia contender in the NFL, Pride, UFC, boxing, or winning a 60 yard dash I'll change my opinion. 

BigPopa

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 06:18:50 AM »
I will ad one other thing here actually.  I can not stand it when you see a guy at the gym that can bench 600lbs, which is impressive by itself, but then can not walk to the car without getting out of breath.  What a fucking waste.  Really, thats all.....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 06:23:17 AM »
Concur.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
I agree. Steroid bodybuilding warps the judgement of what a good physique is.  Wrestlers, sprinters, running backs,Olympic lifters and other athletes are examples of what a functional real physique should look like.   I bet the top ten in the Olympia couldn't keep up with a chubby soccer mom jogging a mile.  Function should dictate what a physique looks like. 

I'm into bodybuilding but what you are looking at is cosmetic. It's so phony and temporary that when the champs go off the juice they completely lose their "body".  When I see an Olympia contender in the NFL, Pride, UFC, boxing, or winning a 60 yard dash I'll change my opinion. 
'OldTimer1', have you seen ex NFL players? Or ex UFC and boxing champs? SKINNY or FAT! I hate to be the one that breaks it to you, but the 330lb line backers are juiced to their ghetto gills. And have you seen Shamrock and Kimo now they're off the gear? 120lbs at best. you need to do some growing up kid. Ironic considering you're an 'oldtimer' ::)

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 07:03:16 AM »
Love UFC and Pride in Japan, the rules have been watered down a bit for my tastes,With the exception of eye gouging and genital gouging they should allow headbutts which they outlawed.
The film documentry "The Smashing Machine" with Mark Kerr and Mark Coleman was extreme. They both weighed around the 240 mark and were incredibly disciplined athletes.
Much more entertaining than Boxing in my opinion.
Goal to lift Heavy

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 07:15:35 AM »
Sherk is the man.  He totally dominated the fight on saturday other than taking some really heavy knees to the head.  He is definately not skinny!

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »
........I agree, awesome training regimen!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »
The guy trains for HIS SPORT.Ronnie trains for his.Sorry,but watching a guy laying on his back and pulling himself across the floor is boring to me.Watching a guy pull 800 for two is exciting.You cant compare one sport to another and say THATS the way an athlete should look.Kirby Pucket didnt have a very good build but he sure could hit a baseball.George the Iceman Gervin looked like a pipe cleaner but he sure could score in the NBA.Kenny Stabler was a mushy mess,but he could sure play quarterback.Ronnie might not be able to run a fast 40,but he sure carries a lot of mass.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 08:21:35 AM »
The guy trains for HIS SPORT.Ronnie trains for his.Sorry,but watching a guy laying on his back and pulling himself across the floor is boring to me.Watching a guy pull 800 for two is exciting.You cant compare one sport to another and say THATS the way an athlete should look.Kirby Pucket didnt have a very good build but he sure could hit a baseball.George the Iceman Gervin looked like a pipe cleaner but he sure could score in the NBA.Kenny Stabler was a mushy mess,but he could sure play quarterback.Ronnie might not be able to run a fast 40,but he sure carries a lot of mass.

i love you

The Coach

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »

1. Ronnie doesn't have a sport, he's a bodybuilder.

2. Doing an 800lb deadlift would be powerlifting not bodybuilding (two different "sports" ).

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »
I guess that depends on your definition of a sport.I dont think golf is much of a sport but it is very popular.Call bodybuilding what you want,but Ronnie is the best at it by a mile.

The Coach

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 09:31:42 AM »
Call bodybuilding what you want,but Ronnie is the best at it by a mile.

I agree.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
I agree.

Lets take this to the MMA board, it's worthless arguing Functional Training vs. Hypertrophy Training on the G & O

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 10:27:03 AM »

this is exactly what irks me about the ignorance of joe public.

you think that because this guy's not as huge as a pro bber that he doesn't take anabolic drugs, beta blockers, stimulants and epo?

all athletes take drugs.

get a clue.