Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger now more governor than "governator"  (Read 31759 times)

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
Re: Governor Arnold trains his bicepes in wildfire !!!
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 09:42:44 PM »
Epic lack of humor.

I wasn't trying to be funny ::)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
Re: Governor Arnold train his bicepes in wildfire !!!
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »
Let's be clear on this to the Arnold nuthuggers who will no doubt disagree with you:

Arnold looks like shit for a pro bodybuilder.

Arnold looks like shit for a much past his prime retired pro bodybuilder.

Arnold looks like shit for a 60 year old.

Arnold looks like shit for a 60 year old who has been through heart surgery.

In no way to speak of does Arnold look good.  Not if you use his age to justify it, not if you use his health problems to justify it.  He looks bad no matter how you cut it.

Let's be clear on this, with out Arnold. There would be no bodybuilding. Joe Weider needed Arnold to bring bodybuilding into the limelight.
    Matt C, you are a c.u.n.t
h

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 11:22:37 PM »
It's really no different than if Greg Louganis went down to visit New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and did a 2 1/2 twisting double axle off somebody's roof.  And not much different from that chick on LOST who started working on her suntan the day after her plane crashed and half the passengers were killed.  I mean, what's the big friggin' deal? Do you think Rosie O'Donnell wouldn't have picked up a still-wrapped Twinkie and eaten it in the same situation?  Would Chris Rock not have made a joke about how fires are racist because they make everything black?

Stand down, men. Arnold is the Greatest.
BigNationRadio.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 11:57:08 PM »
I can't believe some of you are saying shit about Arnold. Good on him for having a sense of humor. Further proof that no matter how long it may be since he gave up competitive bodybuilduing, it will always be a part of him.
No doubt about it...

Alex23

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »
Let's be clear on this to the Arnold nuthuggers who will no doubt disagree with you:

Arnold looks like shit for a pro bodybuilder.

Arnold looks like shit for a much past his prime retired pro bodybuilder.

Arnold looks like shit for a 60 year old.

Arnold looks like shit for a 60 year old who has been through heart surgery.

In no way to speak of does Arnold look good.  Not if you use his age to justify it, not if you use his health problems to justify it.  He looks bad no matter how you cut it.

Are you bashing on Arnold?

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2007, 12:15:14 AM »
I will do another set of hammer curls !!

photo courtesy of AP Photo/Bryan Patrick, Pool

give the man some credit... he's just trying to work out whenever he can fit it into his busy schedule... don't see what the big deal is  ???

Alex23

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 12:19:05 AM »
It's really no different than if Greg Louganis went down to visit New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and did a 2 1/2 twisting double axle off somebody's roof.  And not much different from that chick on LOST who started working on her suntan the day after her plane crashed and half the passengers were killed.  I mean, what's the big friggin' deal? Do you think Rosie O'Donnell wouldn't have picked up a still-wrapped Twinkie and eaten it in the same situation?  Would Chris Rock not have made a joke about how fires are racist because they make everything black?

Stand down, men. Arnold is the Greatest.

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!

.... no different from Chris Cormier at a funeral on his cell going "Yo YO YO!!" following his ass loud 'Old Dirty Bastard' ring tone?

Alex23

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
Agreed. He didn't even give a shit when his own Father died and look at his skinny spider legs for Frig's sake.

Hahahah idiot..... that wasn't for real... his Dad died after Pumping Iron was shot..

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2007, 12:37:33 AM »
"They're so light.  What kind of girly-man lived here?  He wasn't strong enough to stop the fire!  It's so funny!"

hahahaha

yeh people need to lighten up. like Ahhnold said: no one died

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2007, 12:42:13 AM »
Maybe that was his home gym that got destroyed?
I am a mini beast

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2007, 04:58:25 AM »
I wasn't trying to be funny ::)

That's even more sad.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2007, 05:04:42 AM »
Hahahah idiot..... that wasn't for real... his Dad died after Pumping Iron was shot..

He died in December of '72. Pumping Iron wrapped up after '75 Olympia.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2007, 07:17:54 AM »
What i think is sad about the photo is ARnold looks to be doing a cheat curl with what can't be more then a 40 pound dumbell...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2007, 07:29:52 AM »
Apparently he's in some hot water over this.  He was accused of being 'callous and out of touch with the situation', and using the dumbells as a publicity stunt. Arnold responded:

"That's rediculous.  I wanted to see the area first hand and let people know that we are going to help them.  When I saw the weights, I just picked them up and someone took a picture of it.  If these families want to work out I will personally buy them memberships at a gym.  We are going to do everything we can to help these people."

I think it's a great pic and people are just looking for something to whine about.  His heart's in the right place.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2007, 07:56:18 AM »
The thing is he doesn't act like the typical politician and straddles the edge of appropriate behavior good or bad. It's refreshing while at the same time slightly over the edge compared with normal politico behavior. This is no different than buying the Cuban cigar while in Canada, supposedly a no-no.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2007, 08:20:31 AM »
It's too bad !
Because while California firefighters are working hard battling  wildfires, the Governor is trying hard to find a pair of dumbbells!
I think that he wants to find an Arm Blaster too

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2007, 08:30:20 AM »
It's too bad !
Because while California firefighters are working hard battling  wildfires, the Governor is trying hard to find a pair of dumbbells!
I think that he wants to find an Arm Blaster too

Haha!  Maybe, but he was full pf praise for the firefighters too.

"This, of course, was one of the worst fires in Lake Tahoe's history," said the governor. "We simply have the bravest and most skilled firefighters."

From another source:

"It could have been much worse, if we hadn't had such well-trained firefighters," Schwarzenegger said, according to the wire service.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
Hey guys,
Now we can see our Governor how to find the dumbbells in his fire tour .

http://www.kcra.com/video/13584209/index.html

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
For my money, Arnold is still on steroids.  Uh, sorry, that's HRT.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »
how unsensitive. what an idiot.

Talk about irony....calling Arnold an idiot and "unsensitive"...the word is insensitive. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
Agreed. He didn't even give a shit when his own Father died and look at his skinny spider legs for Frig's sake.

Shut your fucking hole noob, it's a story he invented (or better heard) and thought it would be good to say to give the apearance he "could" do that... go watch the movie again and this time watch it all.
Not go away,.

AND who says that Arnold "CURLED" the weight? Looks to me like he picked up...

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »
LIKE A TRUE SOLIDER, ARNOLD FINDS TIME TO GET IN A BICEPS WORKOUT EVEN AFTER A NATURAL DISASTER!

IF HE WERE RAY NEAGAN AND MAYOR OF NEW ORLEANS, THEN HE'D DO BARBELL PRESSES WHILE DRIFTING ON A MATRESS!

That's a good one.

Reminds me when Bush did a skit of looking for WMD's in the Oval Office as a joke.  Real f'n funny....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2007, 11:56:21 AM »
That's a good one.

Reminds me when Bush did a skit of looking for WMD's in the Oval Office as a joke.  Real f'n funny....

Yeah he should have got a price for most insensitive joke ever for that one... do you think he just made that joke up or do you seriously think somebody told him to say the joke... I mean the same people that write the speaches for these guys?

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2007, 12:00:54 PM »

Yeah he should have got a price for most insensitive joke ever for that one... do you think he just made that joke up or do you seriously think somebody told him to say the joke... I mean the same people that write the speaches for these guys?

I assume someone thought it would be funny.  I think it was for a Washington Press dinner or something.   Very bad taste - this country is paying for all that bullshit.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »
The thing is he doesn't act like the typical politician and straddles the edge of appropriate behavior good or bad. It's refreshing while at the same time slightly over the edge compared with normal politico behavior. This is no different than buying the Cuban cigar while in Canada, supposedly a no-no.

That's right.  In the very worst case scenario, I think he was probably 'spacing out' a bit with the dumbell.  He's only human.

BTW, as to the weight, it looks like two tens and two fives on the bar.