Author Topic: Trust me, the surge is working............  (Read 3181 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Trust me, the surge is working............
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
I don't use polls period....who they hell do they poll anyway. Yeah I know I'm not up there but my full family is and I read the Globe every morning. I guess with all the money up there folks are seeing the light ;D
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 02:31:46 PM »
I don't use polls period....who they hell do they poll anyway. Yeah I know I'm not up there but my full family is and I read the Globe every morning. I guess with all the money up there folks are seeing the light ;D

That's a good question.

The Globe is a liberal rag but it's still a quality paper, I just don't read the editorials or opinion pieces. You should read the Herald too, it tries to go a little bit to the right in comparison to the Globe.

Since you read the Globe and you have family up here I'm sure you know that MA and New England have had their fair share of soldiers die in Iraq. It seems like twice a week there's a new story about a soldier from around here dying.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 04:21:20 PM »
Some Germans started to lose faith in Hitler after he left 1/4 million to die at Stalingrad. Boy, were they wrong
Valhalla awaits.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 05:19:31 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19719435/

CIA assessment given to Bush LONG ago. ::)
Get rid of this guy now, regardless of the inconvenience.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 06:22:54 AM »

surprise, surprise, the m.s.m. attacking our president.

Actually it was Spook inc on the attack.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007, 08:06:04 AM »
So then it's ok, everything is fine and there's no problem with 3500 killed because more were killed in Vietnam.

And if you think about it there's nothing wrong with Vietnam because more were killed in WW2

Your logic is sound.

Meanwhile, it's a good thing for things like body armor and modern battle field medicine becuase the 3500+ would be much higher....but even then it's all ok because there were more deaths in Vietnam.

I feel better now.

You should mail your thoughts to all the mothers who lost a son in this.  it will help them feel better too.

I'll write the mothers and tell them.  You know, when you join the army there is a possibility you will be shot at.
Sorry this came as a total suprise.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »
I'll write the mothers and tell them.  You know, when you join the army there is a possibility you will be shot at.

nah, can't be. most joined up for the college plan! combat? please..only the infantry fights..you'll be in the rear with the gear.   
footloose and fancy free

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »

Yes but sensless continued slaugher w/ no solution is pointless. Its about Oil securety, or we'd be gone allready.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »

dead iraqi's = less terrorists.

What does dead American soldiers equal?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »

Less of a business expensive as far as VA is concerned.
Hurt ones are expensive.

Its looks pointless at this juncture.

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »
Sacrifice knowing what they volunteered for!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 04:16:42 PM »
Sacrifice knowing what they volunteered for!

Well, many are patriotic. Many need a job to support themself.
Yea it they choice this war... Most dont join w/ the idea that they will be wasted for nothing, and thats what its looking like. It was a "terrible misscalculation" was Bush I Fav saying about Saddam invading.
Well, W screwed up way worse than That.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
It seems odd to me that certain people that aren't soldiers and don't have any offspring or siblings that are soldiers would be so cavalier about the death of Americans doing the job they're so gung ho about. Those dead soldiers are human beings for schit's sake not disposable razors.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007, 04:32:31 PM »
i'm hearing lots of excuses. these guys signed up to become killers, so basicly they got what they asked for.

They did?

Interesting because I've known about 8 National Guard members that DID NOT sign up to become killers that are over there. And I'm guessing it's the same way with nearly all of them.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »
i'm hearing lots of excuses. these guys signed up to become killers, so basicly they got what they asked for.

Well, I supose that argument could be made. Myself, I feel sorry for them. A Bro is a dissabled  vet long before the Iraq conflict. Not combat related. Hes prolly lucky to have the health care.
Its staggering at the VA hospitals today. I cant help but feel bad.
Yup, they did join. We need a army. I think it was misused by a fool.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »
They did?

Interesting because I've known about 8 National Guard members that DID NOT sign up to become killers that are over there. And I'm guessing it's the same way with nearly all of them.

Well, they did join the guard. Joining and thinking you'll never have to go war IS STUPID!
No free ride babby. YOu join, you may go to war.

The Millitary is about Defence, Killing and destruction. Dont claim diff.  See how great it is at nation building?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 04:39:32 PM »
Well, they did join the guard. Joining and thinking you'll never have to go war IS STUPID!
No free ride babby. YOu join, you may go to war.

The Millitary is about Defence, Killing and destruction. Dont claim diff.  See how great it is at nation building?

Yes, they joined the National Guard, not the Marines. Their desire wasn't to collect kills, it was to be a Guardsman.

Interesting situation up here in MA. So many of our Guardsmen are in Iraq that there's a huge shortage to do the things the state needs them to do. So the state is trying to make do with Police officers filling in for them, at huge expense.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 05:00:10 PM »
Yes, they joined the National Guard, not the Marines. Their desire wasn't to collect kills, it was to be a Guardsman.

Interesting situation up here in MA. So many of our Guardsmen are in Iraq that there's a huge shortage to do the things the state needs them to do. So the state is trying to make do with Police officers filling in for them, at huge expense.

Way too much has been asked of the same guys. Forced to not retire ::). Total bullshit.
But - You join mill - You may go to war no matter your classification and position. Thats mill.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2007, 05:18:04 PM »
Way too much has been asked of the same guys. Forced to not retire ::). Total bullshit.
But - You join mill - You may go to war no matter your classification and position. Thats mill.

I agree completely, all I'm saying is that not all people that join the military do it for the opportunity to kill and the Guard is the perfect example of it.

In fact their main duty is stateside if I'm not mistaken.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2007, 06:35:26 PM »
I agree completely, all I'm saying is that not all people that join the military do it for the opportunity to kill and the Guard is the perfect example of it.

In fact their main duty is stateside if I'm not mistaken.

Oh,MY  missunderstanding. Ya, I think even most the Spec Op Boys Ive met in life dont join for that reason.
Its a part, esp today, but that was not why they joined. Some join for action. Nothing wrong w/ that.

I dont like the cry babies, but 4 tours and extended contracts is wrong for this war.

Exon, Halliburton, General Dynamics Alliant Tech.. etc are the ones owe these guys a big hand.
Those stocks are still hot kids... Im afaid they may be played out come next ellection, im prolly wrong though.
we be there 4 EVER!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 01:14:04 PM »
killing is what your trained to do in the military.

anyone who joins, is a potential paid, legal killer.

to say otherwise, is a joke. 

Gimmick, who said otherwise?

Perhaps you missed my point about the REASON people join the National Guard. You know, as in why they want to be a weekend warrior.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 02:08:41 PM »
The Spec Ops Boys are awesome.  These "Ultimate Killers" are  making a well, or generator work for ppl dying for want of basic need as often as HALO jumping or blowing a bridge..
Their ideal is to make it so they dont have to fight. But do it on their own terms when they do.
Impressive bunch. Major respect.