Author Topic: American League Wins Again  (Read 2213 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
American League Wins Again
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »
that makes 10 in a row against the jv league...

and home field advantage to the sox this year in the world series. ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: American League Wins Again
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:02:15 PM »
Ichiro with an inside the park homerun, the first ever in All-Star Game history.

That dude is effin incredible. He would look damn good roaming center field for the Sox next year.

And Beckett got the win.

body88

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:17:08 AM »
Ichiro with an inside the park homerun, the first ever in All-Star Game history.

That dude is effin incredible. He would look damn good roaming center field for the Sox next year.

And Beckett got the win.

Dustin should have been on that team also. What six sox aint enough??  :) ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:19:03 AM »

And Beckett got the win.

Guess you didn't get the memo. The Mariners are signing him to a 4 year extension.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »
Guess you didn't get the memo. The Mariners are signing him to a 4 year extension.

You're right, at the time I posted that I didn't know about the extension. I heard it was 5 years for $100 Million and last I heard it wasn't signed yet. Although apparently Ichiro is proud of never having filed for Free Agency so the deal will get done, tragically.

Dustin should have been on that team also. What six sox aint enough??  :) ;)

So should Youks. I'd rather none of them go to the game, they're all looking tired and three days of rest would have done them more good than the hoopla surrounding the All-Star Game.

Papi and Manny need to turn back into the best 3-4 combo in the game and start hitting for power again. The Sox aren't going too far into the playoffs if they don't.

body88

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:21:57 AM »
You're right, at the time I posted that I didn't know about the extension. I heard it was 5 years for $100 Million and last I heard it wasn't signed yet. Although apparently Ichiro is proud of never having filed for Free Agency so the deal will get done, tragically.

So should Youks. I'd rather none of them go to the game, they're all looking tired and three days of rest would have done them more good than the hoopla surrounding the All-Star Game.

Papi and Manny need to turn back into the best 3-4 combo in the game and start hitting for power again. The Sox aren't going too far into the playoffs if they don't.

Papi has that damn sore quad bothering him. They will heat up, don't worry. If thy don't you are 100 percent correct about the playoffs. We have seen what this team can do when firing on all cylinders. Along with the six guys repping the sox Youk and Dustin should have been there also. Based on performance those two guys should have made the team. Obv that cannot happen due to taking to many roster spots for one team, but they all deserve to be there. The sox need to make a few moves, and everyone rested. Tito and co are getting guys 100 percent healthy before they make a move and drop the hammer. With the lead they have they can afford to rest guys when normally they would have to play.

The sox have three legit rookie of the year candidates this year. One of the prespects will go , I just hope it is not ellsbury. Btw Josh is beast.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »

Papi has that damn sore quad bothering him. They will heat up, don't worry. If thy don't you are 100 percent correct about the playoffs. We have seen what this team can do when firing on all cylinders. Along with the six guys repping the sox Youk and Dustin should have been there also. Based on performance those two guys should have made the team. Obv that cannot happen due to taking to many roster spots for one team, but they all deserve to be there. The sox need to make a few moves, and everyone rested. Tito and co are getting guys 100 percent healthy before they make a move and drop the hammer. With the lead they have they can afford to rest guys when normally they would have to play.

The sox have three legit rookie of the year candidates this year. One of the prespects will go , I just hope it is not ellsbury. Btw Josh is beast.

I thought it was Papi's hamstring, either way you're right, it's a nagging injury that saps his power. I don't know what's up with Manny other than age, he just isn't the same. I was hoping neither would play in the All-Star Game.

At this point it's hard to argue against Pedroia for Rookie of the Year. He's been fantastic, he's got this little man syndrome that helps him succeed.

I think the A.L. East is going to end up being a dogfight between the Sox and the Yanks. It should be fun.

body88

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:48:17 AM »
I thought it was Papi's hamstring, either way you're right, it's a nagging injury that saps his power. I don't know what's up with Manny other than age, he just isn't the same. I was hoping neither would play in the All-Star Game.

At this point it's hard to argue against Pedroia for Rookie of the Year. He's been fantastic, he's got this little man syndrome that helps him succeed.

I think the A.L. East is going to end up being a dogfight between the Sox and the Yanks. It should be fun.

It was being reported last night as a sore quad. I think the hammie was earlier in the season. Either way if f's with his swing  :(

body88

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »

Thats why I never really gloated on here or called them finished. To much talent for them to fade without a fight. You are always dead on with your assesments of the sox weaknesses. Manny needs to step up. Hes working hard. I dont get it?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 11:28:56 AM »
Thats why I never really gloated on here or called them finished. To much talent for them to fade without a fight. You are always dead on with your assesments of the sox weaknesses. Manny needs to step up. Hes working hard. I dont get it?

Yep, I was the same way. That team is too good to languish for the whole season. We start back up tonight against Halladay, should be a game.

I think Manny's drop off is a function of getting older. His bat isn't as quick as it used to be and his eye isn't as good as it used to be. He's taken a ton of pitches he normally would have destroyed. And he's swung and missed a lot of pitches he would have driven in the past.

Manny was arguably the best hitter in the game, he was SPECTACULAR and now he looks relatively average. 11 HR's on July 12, WTF is that?

body88

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:33 AM »

Torn maniscus in the knee. At this point nothing serious. No swelling, no mri, he is going to keep playing. I guess the injury has been contributing to his hammy / quad problems this year. That would explain the grimmace when he swings. Sox bats f'ed up Holiday last night.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=1011058&srvc=weei