Author Topic: Has anyone seen "Mark Dugdale - Driven" DVD?  (Read 1370 times)

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Has anyone seen "Mark Dugdale - Driven" DVD?
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
It sounds interesting. Is it good?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Has anyone seen "Mark Dugdale - Driven" DVD?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:52:22 AM »
yes, it's interesting. It's more like a documentary then one of these superboring Mitsu Okabe movies.

You can get an insight on Mark's training, nutrition, family life and his business. It's like an allround portrait on him.

Only downside is his lecturing on christianity and the bible and that he mentions all the time how important jesus is for him. But that can be overlooked.

The editing of the vid is really good, it's not like the 'real-time' shit Okabe does, it focuses rather on the exercises, loading the machines and walking around the gym are cut out.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:02:39 AM »
That does sound good! I'm going to look into buying it.

I've heard so many people complain about the Mits videos. How does he get away with producing such boring DVDs about the top BBs in the sport? And how did he get to be only one who gets to shoot the big names if his DVDs are so bad?

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:24:43 AM »
The guy who made "Driven" is named Joel Barham. He is a natural bodybuilder and an awesome film maker. His second project was Marika Johanssons's DVD. Here are a couple of clips which showcases his editing and filmaking ability.

Deputy Editor

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »
The guy who made "Driven" is named Joel Barham. He is a natural bodybuilder and an awesome film maker. His second project was Marika Johanssons's DVD. Here are a couple of clips which showcases his editing and filmaking ability.

Good stuff!! The first clip was excellent. The second was a bit too long and monotonous, IMO. Over three minutes of workout clips, no matter how well edited, without any other content (i.e. voiceover) to give us relief is too long. However, the skill of the filmmaker still shows through and I would consider buying Driven even more having seen these.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 08:53:32 AM »
Good stuff!! The first clip was excellent. The second was a bit too long and monotonous, IMO. Over three minutes of workout clips, no matter how well edited, without any other content (i.e. voiceover) to give us relief is too long. However, the skill of the filmmaker still shows through and I would consider buying Driven even more having seen these.

haha, tell that to Mitsuru Okabe, the guy makes 3 hours without a cut.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
yes they also don't have to show every set from an excersize, just tell on the voice over how much sets he does so theres more time over for interesting stuff.
Jays video's are the most boring.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:06:31 AM »
haha, tell that to Mitsuru Okabe, the guy makes 3 hours without a cut.

That's a disgrace. And so I ask again...how is it that Mits gets to make the most boring DVDs in the world about the TOP guys in BB???! Who did he sleep with to get that job? I've never heard anyone say something good about his video work.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »
That's a disgrace. And so I ask again...how is it that Mits gets to make the most boring DVDs in the world about the TOP guys in BB???! Who did he sleep with to get that job? I've never heard anyone say something good about his video work.

That's the right question.

Someone must love that chubby little jap.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:53 AM »
Very cool DVD. Mark is a stand up guy and has his priorities in the right order.
This DVD is a lesson in what Dreams are made of and what hard work can do!
Good luck in your 1st Mr. Olympia Mark and nice work on the DVD.
Shawn

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 09:39:40 AM »
what's the percentage on DVD sales for bodybuilders. Somebody has yet to set a record in sales in Bodybuilding
Get Big, or Die Trying