Author Topic: Anyone ever met Arnold S?  (Read 2167 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Anyone ever met Arnold S?
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:26:11 AM »
My one and only paragon, I would love to meet Arnold I think he would be an awesome guy call a friend.

Now any of you guys meet the guy face to face? How did it go, did you start to stutter and got weak knees lol?

buffalo

• Getbig IV
Re: Anyone ever met Arnold S?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
I met him when he stepped on my foot at the Arnolds ::)...he turned around and shook my hand & apologized.

better than most celebs who would tell you to watch out or fuck off.

nice guy

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:49:15 AM »
I met him in Newport, RI about 10 years ago. He was walking down Thames Street smoking a giant cigar with Sargent Shriver.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
My one and only paragon, I would love to meet Arnold I think he would be an awesome guy call a friend.

Seeing him backstage at the Universe i can assure you he's a true charmer - but only for a second. Everything in public's extremely contrived and deliberate with specific agendas. Once in a while he might turn it off for a minute but don't expect it.

He would not call you a friend unless there were specific reasons to do so.

Recent news that he's currently gouging California taxpayers for thousands of dollars a night in luxury hotel suites during trips would be your typical Arnold.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:07:17 AM »
Met him several times.  He is very witty, charismatic and has a great sense of humor....
w

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 11:09:07 AM »
Met him several times.  He is very witty, charismatic and has a great sense of humor....

Well of course, that's definitely PART of it. ;) ;) Being in public for 30 years now he's realized the importance of projecting this image, which he does better than anyone.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
I'm absolutely convinced if he would seriously run for President... he would have a real good chance winning that thing... and with seriously I mean with all the Pamborium TV and so forth... can you imagine Arnold his charm and so forth, he would have a good chance.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »
This will sound convoluted, but my mom's friend's brother was his driver as governor for the first two years he was in office, and said he always sat up front in the limo, and was very personable, except for all the cigar smoke.  

As a postscript, the guy lost his position after he pissed off Maria for taking young Patrick to task for something or other.

Scott Markey

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »
I met Arnold on the set of the making of the James Cameron Movie ( TITANIC ) I was hired as a Rescue Diver. There was 20 of us on the team. Our job was to watch do all the water work and make sure none of the extras ( there were hundreds ) would get in trouble ( possibly drown ) in the water. The movie was shot In Rosarita Mexico. Right on the coast. So it was real ocean water that would rush in as the gates opened. Let me tell you, even though it was Mexico. Northern tip of Baja. The ocean water is very cold in the winter.  ( PACIFIC ) Very cold. I wore a 3/2 mill wetsuit under my costume, as I was in wardrobe on camera in the film. Funny Ive never even seen the whole movie. I lived In Mexico for 5 months. The studio pays for everything. since I was not an extra I got the deluxe treatment. ( A driver to an from my condo on the beach at any time ! ) ( Deluxe Catering for meals, Steak, Lobster, sushi, you name it. ) The extras were paid only 50 dollars a day and received regular catering. ( hot dogs beans, macaroni and cheese, etc... ) Anyway, I have so many stories from that experience. Back to Arnold.
He owned part of the studio ( Rosarita Mexico studio ) Movies that had water scenes were frequently shot there. ( James Bond, and more. ) Arnold was down there for a few days to check out some of the making of the movie. It was back when he was hanging out with Tom Arnold. I guess they became buddies during the making of  " True Lies " Also directed by James Cameron. So I was getting ready to move to my spot on the Ship, There was Arnold and Tom Arnold right in front of me.As a matter of fact I had to ask them to move so I could get by. I remember Arnold was wearing his Arnold classic leather jacket. My first impression upon seeing him was the size of his head !!!! and hands !! when I shaked hands that's all I was thinking. Damn they were like Tony Robbins. ( excessive pituitary growth release ) LOL. Anyway, I said hello and We talked for a second about The Arnold Classic. I told him I was a bodybuilder and a Rescue diver. As he asked what my role was in the Movie. Tom Arnold said nothing ! He just fidgeted around. ADD
or something. So It was a short conversation. And when I think about him to this day all I can think about was his Huge , I mean HUGE noggin.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »
I suppose he also asked you for business tips and how to pull women ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
i met him the first time at their wedding in Osterville

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »
I'm absolutely convinced if he would seriously run for President... he would have a real good chance winning that thing... and with seriously I mean with all the Pamborium TV and so forth... can you imagine Arnold his charm and so forth, he would have a good chance.

I totally agree with you but it would never happen due to the fact that he wasn't born in this country.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:19:58 PM »

Now any of you guys meet the guy face to face? How did it go, did you start to stutter and got weak knees lol?

I've met him a few times. And as much as I LOVE The Austrian Oak, I wasn't nervous at all - and I thought I was gonna be a basketcase.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
No.  But my sister in law dated him back in the day.  Does that count?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
I suppose he also asked you for business tips and how to pull women ::)

::)  

I've met him at the Arnold briefly 3-4 times.  He goes to each and every booth and spends a few minutes with the sponsors to thank them.  I also met him at a dinner function last year and at an awards ceremony for Dr. Connelly a few years ago.  As I mentioned, he is really witty.  Whatever the topic of discussion is, he always has some sort of clever/funny remark.  I did chat with Maria a lot more than I did with him.  She was really intrigued by a product that I was working with at the time.      
w

Steve Pulcinella

• Getbig II
  • www.ironsport.com
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »
I met him once, my house had just burned down resulting in me losing everything I owned. Arnie came by to do some dumbbell curls over the burning wreckage. I felt much better after that.

MIAMI BLUE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »
I met him at a opening of a little gym in chicago in 1976,I got a signed 8 by 10 of him from it.He was with a knockout  blond!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »

He would, in part because the standard choices amongst politicians are so lame. Other private sector guys like Bloomberg & Trump would also do well.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »
I met him once, my house had just burned down resulting in me losing everything I owned. Arnie came by to do some dumbbell curls over the burning wreckage. I felt much better after that.

Ya that was both funny & indicative of the "sensitive" Arnold under the facade LOL

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »
He would, in part because the standard choices amongst politicians are so lame. Other private sector guys like Bloomberg & Trump would also do well.

Especially Bloomberg. He has the money to finance quite a lofty presidential campaign. However, America would never elect a jew as president. Not being racist, just stating FACT.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 02:33:02 PM »
Especially Bloomberg. He has the money to finance quite a lofty presidential campaign. However, America would never elect a jew as president. Not being racist, just stating FACT.

America's seriously considering a woman & black for prez, so don't worry about precedents. In Amerca's current fairly dire context people want someone who is effective most of all.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 02:41:19 PM »
Just to stay on subject, I met Arnold at a wedding in MA in 1989. My cousin was getting married to a relative of Maria Shriver's. Arnold looked like he really didn't want to be there because of the exposure of being recognized. Of course, I asked to take a picture with him but he politely refused at first. He then oddly quickly changed his mind and agreed. My parents have the picture in their home and strangely, I have not gotten it copied yet. It's a pretty funny picture because I'm 6'4" and Arnold looks a lot shorter than me. Could have been his posture because I thought he was at least 6 foot. I thanked him and left him alone but others quickly lined up to take pictures with him at the reception.

I promise I will get it copied and I will post it on Getbig.  ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
America's seriously considering a woman & black for prez, so don't worry about precedents. In Amerca's current fairly dire context people want someone who is effective most of all.

Agree. Therefore, I expect Hillary to make a strong push after the next president's first term.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »
3 times.  Good times and multiple pics.   ;D  He's a good guy and pretty funny.
Squishy face retard

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »
No I didn't and don't want to. I did meet Sergio awhile ago. Dude was massive :o