Author Topic: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps  (Read 12239 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
i tried one day

Sounds like figgs. Did you also whine and cry about it later? ;)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »
Dude, you did the impossible. Your muscles grew but you lost strength? That doesn't sound very logical. Lets get this straight, you gained lean muscle tissue but grew weaker?

Yes, it was baffling how I could gain muscle and lose strength simultaneously. It happened though. Read Hedgehog's post. That's the best explanation I've gotten so far.

Pumpster, you should quit being a bitch. Try HIT and see if it doesn't make you weaker. You're just lucky you have someone to warn you that you will get weaker if you do. I didn't.

I don't regret trying HIT, I just think the results were very inconvenient.
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 10:06:59 AM »
Yes, it was baffling how I could gain muscle and lose strength simultaneously. It happened though. Read Hedgehog's post. That's the best explanation I've gotten so far.

Pumpster, you should quit being a bitch. Try HIT and see if it doesn't make you weaker. You're just lucky you have someone to warn you that you will get weaker if you do. I didn't.

I don't regret trying HIT, I just think the results were very inconvenient.

You're oblivous, are still in denial months later, and don't see yourself. Otherwise you'd realize i'm objective and you're not with on one hand fanaticism for HIT then abandoning it after only a month. Makes you look insecure about the weights you were lifting, and unbalanced in going from one extreme to the other. Notice that i'm not the only one saying this about you acting like a chicken with it's head cut off with your love/hate short-lived relationship with HIT.

Deal with it, stop blaming me.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
You're oblivous, are still in denial months later, and don't see yourself. Otherwise you'd realize i'm objective and you're not with on one hand fanaticism for HIT then abandoning it after only a month. Makes you look insecure about the weights you were lifting, and unbalanced in going from one extreme to the other. Notice that i'm not the only one saying this about you acting like a chicken with it's head cut off with your love/hate short-lived relationship with HIT.

whatever dude...im swole off regular 4 sets 10 reps shit

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »
whatever dude...im swole off regular 4 sets 10 reps shit

No one who doesn't have the balls to stick with it a few months or has never tried it should be criticizing it.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 10:17:33 AM »

Why are you still worried by my 7 month old training log? I wasn't being irrational by changing my opinion of HIT so immediately, because the discovery of my strength loss was even more sudden than that change. And I place a great deal of value on my strengths and the lifts I achieve.

I think you should just view my opinion of HIT as one man's opinion and not try to endlessly figure out how I arrived to that opinion, which I had explained already so many times before. I am getting tired of slowing myself down for you to catch up.
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »
Why are you still worried by my 7 month old training log? I wasn't being irrational by changing my opinion of HIT so immediately, because the discovery of my strength loss was even more sudden than that change. And I place a great deal of value on my strengths and the lifts I achieve.

I think you should just view my opinion of HIT as one man's opinion and not try to endlessly figure out how I arrived to that opinion, which I had explained already so many times before. I am getting tired of slowing myself down for you to catch up.

You're in denial. Stop talking and start absorbing reality.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:53 AM »
No one who doesn't have the balls to stick with it a few months or has never tried it should be criticizing it.
and let me see your pics...here i am

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
and let me see your pics...here i am

That proves absolutely nothing.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »
You're in denial. Stop talking and start absorbing reality.

You once again prove you're impossible to exchange information with.
~

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2007, 10:27:07 AM »
That proves absolutely nothing.
u show me the wonders of HIT training on you

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »
u show me the wonders of HIT training on you

You're getting sillier and sillier. Not bad physique but mine's better by the way; I'm not getting into a pissing contest that has nothing to do with this thead just because you're a macho man.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
Just to put back some life into this thread where pumpster shitted all over it...
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2007, 10:31:53 AM »
Just to put back some life into this thread where pumpster shitted all over it...

Ahhhh yes the pussy-boy who has been told by several on here that he's in denail, still unwilling to accept the truth & panicked on HIT before bailing.

Continue on kid, with more of your years of wisdom. ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »
You're getting sillier and sillier. Not bad physique but mine's better by the way; I'm not getting into a pissing contest that has nothing to do with this thead just because you're a macho man.

i can tell from the pics

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2007, 10:39:20 AM »
Ahhhh yes the pussy-boy who has been told by several on here that he's in denail, still unwilling to accept the truth & panicked on HIT before bailing.

Continue on kid, with more of your years of wisdom. ::)

What am I in denial about? I faced the truth that I got weaker and I couldn't deal with it so I stopped the routine that was responsible. There's no denial in these words. You're the only one here arguing this.
~

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »
everyone on this board should know that pumpster does not even go to a gym.

this clown posted a picture of his home gym/bowflex in the "truce" thread and challenged everyone to a "400 pound bowflex bench press".

he was made fun of so much, that he disappeared for about 3 months.

now, he's back thinking he can talk about everyone and everything despite never going to a gym.

he is also a moderator in the training forum and would delet my posts everytime when i informed the other members that they were taking advice and being ridiculed by someone who uses a bowflex.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
That's not what Mike said. The results would be dramatic and pretty much instantaneous. In fact, Mike said a bodybuilder could reach his full potential in about 1 YEAR! So I don't know why you would have to try it for 6 months to properly evaluate the effects.

Of course, Mike misunderstood the science of hypertrophy and/or simply hadn't researched it much at all. Because there IS exercise science that gives a pretty good idea of what causes hypertrophy and Mike got a lot of it wrong. He particularly overemphasized the importance of failure and also the amount of rest one needs between sessions. For example, he thought that first you recovered from the workout - this would take days - and THEN you would grow. Actually, you grow the most in the first few hours after a training bout (when synthesis of proteins exceeds the breakdown of same).

i never read these things you claim here from mike....but if he did say it then perhaps he was under some kind of mental stress because it goes against most of what he wrote.

in the context of mike's claims re instantaneous effect- on a microscale he is correct of course, as it does occur instantaneously...i dont know of the comments you state to refute my post but i'd be interested to hear them in the context of the surrounding discussion or writings...thats the problem with 2 sentences taken from his volumes of published work.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »

this clown posted a picture of his home gym/bowflex in the "truce" thread and challenged everyone to a "400 pound bowflex bench press".

now, he's back thinking he can talk about everyone and everything despite never going to a gym.

he is also a moderator in the training forum and would delet my posts everytime when i informed the other members that they were taking advice and being ridiculed by someone who uses a bowflex.

hahahaahaha do you have the pic?
~

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
i never read these things you claim here from mike....but if he did say it then perhaps he was under some kind of mental stress because it goes against most of what he wrote.

in the context of mike's claims re instantaneous effect- on a microscale he is correct of course, as it does occur instantaneously...i dont know of the comments you state to refute my post but i'd be interested to hear them in the context of the surrounding discussion or writings...thats the problem with 2 sentences taken from his volumes of published work.

I don't know which part you disagree with but check this:
http://www.mikementzer.com/actpotential.html
http://www.mikementzer.com/actpotentialtwo.html
http://www.mikementzer.com/actpotentialthree.html

the actualization of one's potential, too, is a genetically determined trait; therefore, there will be those who reach their upper limits in a matter of a few months, some a year and others slightly longer.

So, reaching full potential could take only a few months or, sometimes, SLIGHTLY longer than a year in others. Do you agree with this?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2007, 04:31:20 PM »

I offered money to bench 400 on a bow and none of the puzzies took my money. ;D ;D ;D It's all there in previous posts. For all the novices here, Darden was/is a big HIT proponent and loves the bow, because it's a good piece of equipment. GH15 also says same.

My groupie icecold's cute, innin he?  :-* :-* :-*

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2007, 04:40:47 PM »
I think we never really see the products of Jones' HIT (except Oliva and Viator) because intensity takes will and not many have it.  Arnold's sessions are equally brutal but in a different way.  Taking each set to failure hurts and drains you.  Just "trying" it sucks and makes many quit because they are afraid to build the stamina and have weights go down for a bit.  Viator and Oliva (who were both strong) had this happen but they got stronger in a style of workout that many puss out of.  They both built there bodies up doing this.  I guarantee that many can could see a positive effect.  The body can adapt to anything and grow so make it.  A month on any program, as pumpster has said to me on more than one occasion, is not long enough to gauge success.
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »
hahahaahaha do you have the pic?

Figgs is such a friggin puzzy that instead of accepting the truth & seeing himself clearly, he hurls insults like the prepubescent kid and lifting novice he is. In those pics of his he doesn't even seem to have reached puberty.

Grow up kid, i'm not the only one here providing the reality check on your whining and balless failure to continue HIT.

Notice icecold never discusses training on getbig, because he doesn't train. I predict that cap will have to balls to stay on HIT long enough to know whether it works and stick with it longer if it does. He'll get more of his potential out of it because he's far more in the hardcore BB vein than these clowns.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2007, 06:45:52 PM »
It was Mentzer himself who said results are immediate with a successful training program.
~

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »
It was Mentzer himself who said results are immediate with a successful training program.

AND THE EXTENT OF THIS SUCCESS WAS PREDICATED BY GENETICS, AND SECOND FACTOR NUTRITION.  8)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!