Author Topic: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps  (Read 12727 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2007, 05:44:25 AM »
hahahaahaha do you have the pic?

This is the pic.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2007, 05:45:48 AM »
  This is the pic.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ya that's me right in the middle of the room LOL. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2007, 05:55:20 AM »
Ya that's me right in the middle of the room LOL. 

But Pumpy, you did post this on Ironage as the picture of your own Bowflex, didn't you? I have that thread archived. If you want, I can post a link to it here. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
One thing about HIT is this- Anybody ever read about the leg workouts Jones put Viator through? Or anybody who watched that HIT video? Unless you have somebody putting you through those workouts, really pushing you how could you do them? How could you do them on your own with that kind of intensity? If you had a great training partner maybe.
The House that Ruth built

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:44 AM »
EVERY good set of legs in bodybuilding history was build with volume training.

period.

dogg crap guys have no legs.

HIT guys have no legs.

Period.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
EVERY good set of legs in bodybuilding history was build with volume training.

period.

dogg crap guys have no legs.

HIT guys have no legs.

Period.

my quads are proof that wat u just said is a lie.

dorian had quads mike mentzer had quads. and many others.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

eddiebubble

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »
Mentzer sounds incredibly camp and that workout is tame. Dorian Yates once said that Americans don't train hard and that clip is a perfect example.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »
One thing about HIT is this- Anybody ever read about the leg workouts Jones put Viator through? Or anybody who watched that HIT video? Unless you have somebody putting you through those workouts, really pushing you how could you do them? How could you do them on your own with that kind of intensity? If you had a great training partner maybe.
The intensity in that video wasn't anything special. Mentzer spots Marcus on one forced rep, then Marcus does one more without any spot on his own! LMAO, WTF? He probably had one more in him.

eddiebubble

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2007, 03:08:31 PM »
The intensity in that video wasn't anything special. Mentzer spots Marcus on one forced rep, then Marcus does one more without any spot on his own! LMAO, WTF? He probably had one more in him.

He had lots more in him. It's laughable. Mentzer had a body built purely from steroids and knew nothing at all about real high intensity.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
He had lots more in him. It's laughable. Mentzer had a body built purely from steroids and knew nothing at all about real high intensity.

does ronnie coleman train with more intensity?  AND high volume?

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2007, 07:58:51 PM »

van_bilderass, i agree to the eye it might not look so intense. but on ur next workout try it, and im sure u will scream 'AYYYYYYYYYY KARUMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA A'
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
I offered money to bench 400 on a bow and none of the puzzies took my money. ;D ;D ;D It's all there in previous posts. For all the novices here, Darden was/is a big HIT proponent and loves the bow, because it's a good piece of equipment. GH15 also says same.

My groupie icecold's cute, innin he?  :-* :-* :-*

wait, gh15 advocates HIT training?  Really?

thor_odin

• Getbig II
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »
What a couple of fairies. Even while on steroids that joker can only manage a few reps with a light barbell. Pathetic pair of pricks.

Mr. Cortisol

• Getbig IV
  • Twink, Twink, little star.
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2007, 06:55:23 AM »
wait, gh15 advocates HIT training?  Really?

I doubt it.  with all the shit he advocates taking, i'm guessing the gym is an all-day thing
Addicted to the Steal

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »

That video's disappointing as far as what HIT's been presented as. There were no reps in negative failure, no assistance from Mentzer in terms of forced reps, etc. I hope that clip's not a good representation, otherwise HIT's just code for taking it relatively easy.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43:13 AM »
I hope that clip's not a good representation, otherwise HIT's just code for taking it relatively easy.

try it. i'm sure u will change ur mind about that statement  ;)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2007, 07:49:11 AM »
I think he means that particular clip didn't make it look too hard, so it didn't really show HIT.  The guy didn't even reach positive failure, never mind forced or negative work.  Just wasn't Mentzer's finest hour.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2007, 07:51:17 AM »
I think he means that particular clip didn't make it look too hard, so it didn't really show HIT.  The guy didn't even reach positive failure, never mind forced or negative work.  Just wasn't Mentzer's finest hour.

AHH OK, YES ME AND PUMPSTER HAVE CONVERSED EXTENSIVELY.

I will say this: that clip looks like namby pamby affair.

Its only after doing the routine i could see the pain. when i first saw it, i thought this is wak, the reps looked weird, etc.

they should have made a hardcore video, but i think the aim of the video was more for a commercial audience, cos there were plans for the book to drop together with a distribution deal, but mike died, and then just the book came out a little later.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2007, 09:14:27 PM »
RIP Mentzer. 

Seemed like a really tortured guy.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
Just wasn't Mentzer's finest hour.

I hope not. He died later that same night.

The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »

they should have made a hardcore video, but i think the aim of the video was more for a commercial audience, cos there were plans for the book to drop together with a distribution deal, but mike died, and then just the book came out a little later.

Are there any that are more representative? There's almost nothing else under Mentzer's name.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2007, 08:39:50 PM »
Are there any that are more representative? There's almost nothing else under Mentzer's name.

some young dude had an amateur video on youtube but he took it down, it was a better representation.

I am going to get someone filming me doing H.I.T. my physique is not great However, just by looking at the intensity in my face and eyes and the levels of failure i reach u will see it is intense (one of my friends who competes saw me doing just 3 reps of dips...and he said the pain and intensity he could see on my face, he actually felt sorry for me).

H.I.T should be represented in its hardcore nature. If u see pictures of mentzer doing it, he is practically sprawled, almost dieing, being crushed in the pec deck machine doing statics, negatives and positive failure. if i had a scanner i would upload these pictures.

all i need now is to get a friend to film me and i will post it on youtube to show u.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
some young dude had an amateur video on youtube but he took it down, it was a better representation.

I am going to get someone filming me doing H.I.T. my physique is not great However, just by looking at the intensity in my face and eyes and the levels of failure i reach u will see it is intense (one of my friends who competes saw me doing just 3 reps of dips...and he said the pain and intensity he could see on my face, he actually felt sorry for me).

H.I.T should be represented in its hardcore nature. If u see pictures of mentzer doing it, he is practically sprawled, almost dieing, being crushed in the pec deck machine doing statics, negatives and positive failure. if i had a scanner i would upload these pictures.

all i need now is to get a friend to film me and i will post it on youtube to show u.

bump for getbiggers on youtube!  I love the youtube shit!  post away!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
Too bad no one taped Figgs about 7-8 months ago. Sounds like he went all-out on it and would've been perfect for clips before dropping HIT after making gains.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2007, 07:04:24 PM »
Too bad no one taped Figgs about 7-8 months ago. Sounds like he went all-out on it and would've been perfect for clips before dropping HIT after making gains.

The footage would be more shocking than anything else. When I was on HIT people in the gym would watch me like I was out of my fucking mind. And they'd watch me struggling with baby weights it was a bit embarassing.
~