Author Topic: digestive pill and antacid Q  (Read 1721 times)

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
digestive pill and antacid Q
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:01:34 AM »
guys , after i eat i feel very much full so am planning to take a digestive pill after dinner,and also sometimes when i eat some acidic food i get a burning sensation in my left interstine so am taking a tablet named  GELUSIL , its an antacid..so it it fine if i continue this  a long time??
help

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
Re: digestive pill and antacid Q
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:09:46 AM »
I have gastrointestinal problems , I use same medicament , Glusilac or rupurt  tbs , I read Poliquin article which said that using Betaine HCL Powder can help guys like us , I didn't try this supp yet but because Poliquin doesn't send his supps to my country , but I found on trueprotein

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________________

TRUEPROTEIN.COM 5% DISCOUNT CODE > MOU110

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »
is this a serious problem for my interstines in te future?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:44:33 AM »
Triple_H, how much water do you drink a day ( be honest)? How much caffeine, protein shakes or anything else you consume that isn't water? I have to get a better idea what is going and explain to you what is happening in regards to antacids and burning

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:46:46 AM »
and don't take gelusil right after diner  wait for one hour and that take it  , and take it after last meal in day

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __________________

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:54:47 AM »
Triple_H, how much water do you drink a day ( be honest)? How much caffeine, protein shakes or anything else you consume that isn't water? I have to get a better idea what is going and explain to you what is happening in regards to antacids and burning

i drink atleast 1 gallon of water a day,which includes 3 shakes no caffine im on cee and i eat spicy food...
but this only happens at night when im asleep,,specially if i eat onions in my salad for dinner

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
    You're most likely dehydrated. If you're including your water in with the protein shakes, then yes, you are  dehydrated and have a sign of poor mucosal barrier integrity. Protein shakes actually cause dehydration.
   If you're dehydrated and cannot adequately produce saliva, foods won't be properly prepared for further digestion in the stomach and intestines.
   Once dehydrated, the body will scavenge water from vital organs, such as the central nervous system. But the body will first draw water from the mucus membrane in the stomach, and the small and large intestines ( organs that play a key role in the digestive process.)
    As food enters the stomach, Hydrochloric acid (HCL) is released to break down proteins. Dehydration robs moisture from the mucus membrane in the stomach, leaving it unprotected from HCL- which is acidic enough to burn a hole through carpet and mostly capable of causing ulcers. Pain associated with this process commonly causes reflex inhibition on the abdominal muscles, causing susceptibility of injury during physical exertion due to inefficient spine stabilization.
   Antacids are a common treatment for indigestion and heartburn, though there are unwanted consequences. Antacids contain high levels of aluminum, which is toxic and suspected to be a cause of Alzheimer's disease. Consuming antacids also inhibits optimal breakdown of proteins before they enter the SI ( small intestines.) Aside from water, most of your body is compromised of proteins and fats. If proteins, necessary for repairing cells, are not properly broken down, they are less likely to be absorbed. The body will then begin to break down its own protein from muscle. Heartburn is a sign of dehydration and should not be treated as an isolated condition.
  This is what I suggest: Drink half you body weight in ounces per day. So if you're 220 pounds, that would be 110 ounces at least, unless you training, then drink more. Add celtic sea salt to your water, this will stimulate HCL production. Also, very important, drink 30 minutes before your next meal and then wait another 30 minutes afterwards. If you drink a lot when eating, you dilute the HCL in your stomach and the food won't break down. Drink water at room temp and never cold as well....Once you start this, things should improve. If not, then we can take it from there.

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »
ok doc , will do all that.. thanks for ur help...
also i read a debate  some months ago that one must drink water soon after food to transport nutritients to our body...
jus confused...
and do u think i should go to the docs and see if i ve ulcers???im scared

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:40:09 PM »
ok doc , will do all that.. thanks for ur help...
also i read a debate  some months ago that one must drink water soon after food to transport nutritients to our body...
jus confused...
and do u think i should go to the docs and see if i ve ulcers???im scared

Nutrients get transported by many different factors. Don't worry about that too much.
As for going to a doc, you have to do what is you feel is right for you. For me to say no would be illegal in my practice. Just remember, doctors only diagnose and give a prescriptions or perform surgeries, they don''t cure you. You need to be responsible for your own health.
To get on the emotional part of it is the stomach holds nourishment & digests
ideas...stomach prooblems are related to fear, dread, inability to
assimilate the new. Ulcers have as probable cause fear and a strong
belief that one is not good enough, or being anxious to please.
Addictions could stem from fear, not knowing how to love oneself, and
running from the self.

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
Dr.D  what do you think about HCL supp i mention  , I read on t-mag in Poliquin article that he said that guys like use should use  Betaine HCL Powder

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 01:05:57 PM »
Dr.D  what do you think about HCL supp i mention  , I read on t-mag in Poliquin article that he said that guys like use should use  Betaine HCL Powder

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________

There is a huge amount of misunderstanding of how HCL supplementation really works and how it should be implemented.  Here is what I have learned from implementing it for many years in my practice, and from my work with Dr. Jonathan Wright, and especially from making the HCL challenge error on myself and suffering from insufficient digestion for many years until I learned the right way (or “the Wright way”) to diagnose and treat the problem.
   First, tingling or burning is NOT a sign of HCL production status whatsoever.  It is usually only a sign of poor mucosal barrier integrity as I mentioned to Triple_H.  The best non-direct method of determining if someone has insufficient HCL production is to see most minerals on a hair analysis below the norm.  Then, when you implement HCL therapy do not expect the see the mineral levels increase for about a year.
Here is an example of how the poorly conceived HCL Challenge test steered me wrong for many years:

If I took two HCL capsules with a meal I experienced burning every time.  According to the “HCL Challenge” protocol, this meant I had good HCL production and did not need supplementation.  As it turned out, nothing could have been farther from the truth.  The “HCL Challenge” test that almost everyone does (take 2, then 3, then 4 capsules per meal, etc, until you get burning then back off by a couple) is misleading and dangerous and should NEVER be used with anyone for determining HCL status.  However, if this test demonstrates poor mucosal barrier integrity then the best treatment I have found it 2 weeks or more of Lane Lab’s “Nature’s Lining” tablets taken as directed on the bottle.
  Finally, Dr. Wright had me use the Heidelberg test.  I failed miserably.  I was producing almost no HCL at all.  Through this test I learned that the only good method of checking for adequate HCL production is the Heidelberg Capsule test (http://www.phcapsule.com).  It challenges HCL production by repeatedly adding a bicarbonate buffer to the stomach and seeing how the stomach reacts.  This exhaustive test is definitive for HCL status.   You can contact the company to find someone in your area who has the machine.  Warning: Do not trust any test that does not repeatedly stress and exhaust acid production as the Heidelberg system does.
  When a someone “fails” the Heidelberg test (which most of the population fails), then supplementation is done as follows:

Start with 2 capsules (not tablets) of 10 grains HCL with pepsin during each meal (not before or after, but during).  Tablets are pressed using high temperatures which often neutralizes the acid, and can make them very difficult to dissolve.  Ultra Life HCL seems to not have this problem, but you need to take a lot of them to get to the correct dosage.  Increase intake by one capsule every other day until you get to between 4 and 6 capsules per meal.  Do not ever take only 3 capsules.  Dr. Jonathan Wright discovered that taking 3 capsules has a negative effect on acid production and actually shuts it completely down for some strange reason (a homeopathic effect perhaps?).  Taking more than 6 capsules can upset the systemic acid/alkaline balance and should be avoided.
Next, expect to take HCL for life.  It is almost unheard of to reclaim normal production of HCL.

Markoni

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
thanks