Author Topic: I've been asked to doggymind  (Read 1188 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
I've been asked to doggymind
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »
I've looked after a girlfriends house and her two boys when she went on holiday to Sardina last year with her new boyfriend, which was hectic, but I've never doggyminded before.

This is a baby bull mastiff.  In the middle of central London.

It's the boy I've known since he was 11 and whose 21st birthday I crashed.  (He's the one who showed up here across the road and saved me when I was being threatened and bashed into and he and all his family saw off that idiot I found and lost on the internet, so I love him. Anthony). 

He's now 23 and has bought a bitch mastiff.  I don't understand how come I've been asked when he has a mum and a dad and 5 sisters.  Maybe because I have a garden and they don't?

I'm not allergic, I just have a commitment phobia.  please advise?
x
x
x
L
in
da

he's going to barbados for 2 weeks to meet his grandmother.  I'm sure this is a good idea.

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: I've been asked to doggymind
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:22:14 PM »
If he loves his dogs.....ask him to reconsider who watches his it.

As a pet owner...I would want to know if someone wasn't 100% thrilled watching my animals.  I'd rather feel more at ease on my trip placing it with someone that really wanted too.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »
If he loves his dogs.....ask him to reconsider who watches his it.

As a pet owner...I would want to know if someone wasn't 100% thrilled watching my animals.  I'd rather feel more at ease on my trip placing it with someone that really wanted too.

precisely my point.  He's only just bought the dog.

But I don't mind, although she's a lovely lovely ugly bull bitch and so not my style,
I'd pick a terrier..

I'm more than capable (I think...  if I can look after two boys and a house), I can give a baby bull mastiff a good home, no?

& Knny, its perhaps not quite like that here in the middle of London, England.  It's a little tiny space.

I was thrilled when he first asked me, then I sat down and wondered.  Now I'm asking you whether I can take on a baby bitch bull mastiff for two weeks.  You have to do poop and scoop etc. 

But I don't think she'd bite me.  I'll chuck my sandals out first and she can chew them.

I thought I'd talk to Anthony quickly before he goes to Barbados (he's going to visit the Grandma he's never met).  I thought I'd suggest that he bring K across the road here first a few times and even let her sleep one night in my other room before he leaves?

Maybe he's already found someone else to do it and perhaps I've spent too much time thinking about how important doggyminding is?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:09:58 AM »
Yes, spend some time with the dog and have him bring her over.  Then you will know whether you feel comfortable watching her.   

If you do not, then do not do it!!