Author Topic: There is only one reason to get "Big"  (Read 4466 times)

dodster

• Getbig IV
Re: There is only one reason to get "Big"
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2007, 01:50:23 PM »
BULLSHIT, ALTHOUGH INSECURITY MIGHT BE TRUE FOR U , IT NOT TRUE FOR EVERYONE. tAKE A CAR, ADD A SPOILER, A NICE BODYKIT SOME SHINY WHEELS, IT LOOKS GOOD. u LIKE THE LOOK OF IT. nOW YOUR BODY IS THE CAR UR STUCK WITH FOR LIFE. aDD A NICE BIT OF MUSCLE, AND U LIKE IT . NOT BECAUSE UR INSECURE, BECAUSE U LIKE IT. dO U EAT MCDONALDS COS UR INSECURE? NO COS U LIKE IT.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »
But you are a genetic Freak Benching 500 pounds on a stack of liver tablets.

yep about 70 or so a day plus a lot of tuna and at a bodyweight of 247.  Now I weigh twice the amount and lift half that much.  Well on each.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »
BULLSHIT, ALTHOUGH INSECURITY MIGHT BE TRUE FOR U , IT NOT TRUE FOR EVERYONE. tAKE A CAR, ADD A SPOILER, A NICE BODYKIT SOME SHINY WHEELS, IT LOOKS GOOD. u LIKE THE LOOK OF IT. nOW YOUR BODY IS THE CAR UR STUCK WITH FOR LIFE. aDD A NICE BIT OF MUSCLE, AND U LIKE IT . NOT BECAUSE UR INSECURE, BECAUSE U LIKE IT. dO U EAT MCDONALDS COS UR INSECURE? NO COS U LIKE IT.
Good point.

So anyone who does anything they think is cool is doing it because they are insecure? uh no.

TheDoctor

• Getbig III
  • I am Fat and Bulking,Im sensitive about my weight.
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2007, 02:24:58 PM »
yep about 70 or so a day plus a lot of tuna and at a bodyweight of 247.  Now I weigh twice the amount and lift half that much.  Well on each.
Do you plan getting back into shape or motivation a problem sometimes i take a few days off training cause i cannot get out of bed and get motivated ,Itrain early in the morning less people.Best of luck.
Goal to lift Heavy

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2007, 02:42:07 PM »
insecurity.

There is some truth in this. I started lifting because I was fat and didn't want to be the fat kid at school anymore.

A funny thing happens though where after a point your priorities change as you leave school and the gym becomes the new environment you care about. Somewhere along the line many people, including myself to a certain extent, start to prioritise being powerful over simply 'being in shape' or whatever. I mean who cares if you have the 'six pack' you thought you always wanted if you're the skinniest weekest guy in the gym and you can't hang with the group of big guys who can bench/squat a shitload?!?

It seems at school lots of kids start off with a degree of natural muscle tone because they haven't discovered beer properly yet and they play sports regularly, but most guys lose that best ever high school shape they used to have. Once you start getting girls anyway and worry less about puppy fat and develop other interests being a kid with a 'six pack' seems less important than being a big strong man who actually looks muscular in cloths, or could stand up for himself in a situation, or whatever it is.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness, but to sum up, being big is cool if you're being honest with yourself about why you want it. For me it started off as insecurity but only up to a point. Once I was in good shape I started reading Flex and thought 'these guys are fucking huge, powerful and impressive looking'. It becomes its own thing away from insecurity, like a hobby or (arguably) sport of some kind. These days the skinny six pack kids from when I was 15 are small little guys, not a bad thing necessarily, but then neither is being big.

I know, 'epic insecurity post' or whatever, lol

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »
I first started working out and trying to get big out of insecurity and feeling uncomfortable talking to girls. I thought that I could make up for what I lacked in other areas of my life by being big.

I thought that and was 100% right about it.  I was never a dumb person and knew full well how the world worked and what I would need to do to get what I wanted out of life and I did it and got the results I wanted and have no regrets.  I don't think there was ever a time in my life that I could be properly classified as insecure though (from a psychological perspective).  I was always grounded and had always accepted myself.  I just knew I would get more out of life not being 130 pounds.  In university I studied psychology and had a huge interest in the subject of interpersonal attraction.  Whether women are consciously aware of it or not, on the average they do prefer fit males - I don't say pro bodybuilder size, but athletic and healthy looking.
Bodybuilding Pro.com