Author Topic: Football.....the steroid hits just keep on coming  (Read 1750 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Football.....the steroid hits just keep on coming
« on: July 14, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »
How many are there really?  Look at football and basketball and how they act like a bunch of gang bangers and delinquents and then look at baseball.  Now all these steroid suspensions, why doesn't anybody come down on these guys like the did/do on baseball?  Interesting isn't it?
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Baseball criminals...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 07:55:06 PM »
How many are there really?  Look at football and basketball and how they act like a bunch of gang bangers and delinquents and then look at baseball.  Interesting isn't it?

Are there really a lot of football and basketball criminals?  I don't know what percentage of football and basketball players are arrested, but it doesn't seem like that much when I really think about it.  Their arrests always make headlines, but seems like the overwhelming majority stay out of harm's way. 

Cap

• Getbig V
Re: Baseball criminals...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
Are there really a lot of football and basketball criminals?  I don't know what percentage of football and basketball players are arrested, but it doesn't seem like that much when I really think about it.  Their arrests always make headlines, but seems like the overwhelming majority stay out of harm's way. 
Yeah, there probably aren't a lot in terms of overall numbers but the overall problems experienced by the other sports don't seem to occur in baseball.  The "criminal" headline was more to get people to take a look and comment.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
Re: Baseball criminals... edit: and now steroid convictions
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 05:33:09 PM »
There is the major witch hunt in baseball but I have seen alot of steroid suspensions in the NFL lately.  Pretty interesting.
Squishy face retard

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:03:26 PM »
Less black players in baseball.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »

bingo,and less time on their hands to get into trouble

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 03:12:44 AM »

BAck in the early days, baseball players were as much criminals as players, and this was before Baseball became integrated. Even after it was integrated, the players did not engage in many of the criminal activities as the white players, hence many were outsiders, or not "one of the boys", many brought class to the team. It is not black players today, becuase many of the dominicans are black, but the "thug" sub-culture...

And if you work within the judicial system, you'll see that alot of the baseball players do get into trouble and get arrested, it just doesn't make the news ;). Trust me, I got some eye opening stories.   

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
BAck in the early days, baseball players were as much criminals as players, and this was before Baseball became integrated. Even after it was integrated, the players did not engage in many of the criminal activities as the white players, hence many were outsiders, or not "one of the boys", many brought class to the team. It is not black players today, becuase many of the dominicans are black, but the "thug" sub-culture...

And if you work within the judicial system, you'll see that alot of the baseball players do get into trouble and get arrested, it just doesn't make the news ;). Trust me, I got some eye opening stories.   

the story on tim raines was that he'd had blow in his back pocket during games...and he'd toot it up in runway to the lockerroom...so baseball has had their fair share of degenerates.
footloose and fancy free

Cap

• Getbig V
Re: Football.....the steroid hits just keep on coming
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 01:49:55 PM »
NEW YORK -- The NFL on Saturday confirmed that Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson admitted to NFL officials that he bought and used performance-enhancing substances while an assistant with the Chicago Bears.

Wade Wilson

Wilson
Wilson, who has been suspended for five games by the league and fined $100,000, told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that he used a substance, which he did not specify, to treat his diabetes. He said he did not pass the drugs along to anyone else and that he had "no regrets on trying to improve my quality of life." Wilson acknowledged he acted without "proper medical supervision."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wilson would return to his job after his suspension ends Oct. 9.

"I accept responsibility for my mistake," Wilson said in a prepared statement issued by the Cowboys.

"Clearly, as a coach and former player, I had no intention of trying to circumvent the boundaries of competition or fair play. I now realize that this is something I should not have done. I acted without proper medical supervision and I would urge others not to make a similar mistake," he said in the statement.

According to the New York Daily News, Wilson received human growth hormone while working for the Bears from 2004-06. The league said that Harrison, Wilson and Richard Ryzde, a former doctor for the Pittsburgh Steelers, were involved in an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers being investigated by the Albany (N.Y.) District Attorney's office.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said both Wilson's suspension and the suspension Friday of New England safety Rodney Harrison stemmed from the investigation by the Albany D.A.'s office. Authorities there have been looking into an Internet ring involving performance-enhancing drugs and allegedly involving athletes from a number of sports.

Aiello said the third NFL person involved in the investigation was Ryzde, who was fired earlier this year by the Steelers.

"I've dealt with [diabetes] almost half my life. I had no idea what I was doing was against league rules," Wilson said, adding that he regretted any embarassment he may have caused the Cowboys.

Wilson spent 17 years as a player in the league, and led the Vikings to three playoff appearances in the 1990s. He said he's had diabetes for the past 24 years, and he wears an insulin pump to help monitor his condition.

When asked if he was trying to help anyone else by supplying them drugs, Wilson, 48, said there was "no other reason at all."

"The idea that I was trying to get this for anyone else is absolutely ludicrous," Wilson said.

"Outside of myself and my fiancée, no one else knew that I was taking anything," Wilson said.

Jones said Wade had "absolutely no intention of breaking any league rules."

"He has a long track record of quality service to the NFL and community service to the cities where has played and coached," Jones said. "We recognize and support the importance placed on these matters by the National Football League. We also support Wade Wilson during this time and look forward to his contributions to the future of the Dallas Cowboys."

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Squishy face retard

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Football.....the steroid hits just keep on coming
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 11:52:35 AM »
This will eventually lead the NFL and the other big sports to bring in WADA into their sports full-time.

They can't afford the bad PR, risking sponsors choosing other sports instead, like football (US Soccer), and other sports with a more clean appeal.
As empty as paradise

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 01:28:10 PM »
There is the major witch hunt in baseball but I have seen alot of steroid suspensions in the NFL lately.  Pretty interesting.

if they applied the same standard to the NFL half the players would be suspended.
seriously....think about how big and strong most of the guys in the league are. you cant tell me fewer than 50% of the players arent on something. the league would be decimated if they applied the same drug standards