Author Topic: Romney Surges in Insiders Poll  (Read 675 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Romney Surges in Insiders Poll
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
Monday, July 16, 2007 12:03 a.m. EDT
Romney Surges in Insiders Poll

Mitt Romney has pulled into a tie with Rudy Giuliani as the front-runner for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, according to the latest poll of political insiders by the National Journal’s Hotline Web site.

They are followed by unannounced candidate Fred Thompson, with John McCain in fourth and Mike Huckabee and New Gingrich – another unannounced candidate – tied for fifth.

Romney’s surge in the Insiders Poll results from his strength in early primary and caucus states New Hampshire and Iowa, according to the Hotline.

Giuliani is counting on winning delegates in populous states like California, New York and Illinois, but some insiders question whether he can succeed if he doesn’t win early in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina.

Many Republican insiders believe Thompson is a strong contender because conservatives have yet to line up in support of any GOP candidate.

On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton continues to lead among the insiders, followed by Barack Obama, John Edwards, Bill Richardson and unannounced candidate Al Gore. The order is unchanged since the National Journal’s first poll of insiders in April.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/7/16/120958.shtml?s=ic

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Romney Surges in Insiders Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
It's interesting that Barack Obama has the money backing him, but he hasn't budged in the polls to draw nearer to Senator Clinton.

I'm still not sold on Mitt Romney.  If the candidates who are actively running for the the GOP nod, I'm going with Huckabee.  I think he'll end up being the vice presidential candidate for whoever get the nod to represent Republicans.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Romney Surges in Insiders Poll
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »
It's interesting that Barack Obama has the money backing him, but he hasn't budged in the polls to draw nearer to Senator Clinton.

I'm still not sold on Mitt Romney.  If the candidates who are actively running for the the GOP nod, I'm going with Huckabee.  I think he'll end up being the vice presidential candidate for whoever get the nod to represent Republicans.

I doubt Obama passes Hillary.  It has really been her nomination to lose for months. 

I'm not sold on any candidate in the race.  I really don't know much about Romney, but thought he did a very good job during the one debate I watched.  I like Huckabee too.  Gave a great interview with Chris Matthews.  He doesn't seem to be polling well.