Author Topic: I'm sure Dugdale is a good guy but........................  (Read 2963 times)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Re: I'm sure Dugdale is a good guy but........................
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
Who cares if pro athletes are nice guys or smart guys or have OCD,just freaking entertain me when you compete.The media has portrayed Barry Bonds as an ass,you know what?Who cares,just hit the freaking baseball over the fence.Jay Cutler always seems like a good guy at the shows Ive seen him gues pose,but who cares,just show up and look huge,thats his job.

good analogy.....however bobybuilding doesnt really "fill the seats" if you know what i mean. the representatives of the sport need to help promote, not hurt the opinion of already said fans....

fans = $$$$

no fans...no money

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:07:22 PM »
bullshit. bodybuilders are supported directly and indirectly by FANS. without fans they would not have a job (other than personal trainer or G4P) a true professional would leave their ill feelings...mood swings...and fights with wives at the door. you represent YOURSELF to the public that supports your profession. there is a huge difference when a shmoe or 17 year old pimple faced kid starts asking a bodybuilder dumb questions while working out and a meet and greet at an expo or show.

nobody gives a fuck if someone missed a meal or his dog died.....act civil to the fans or get lambasted on the internet

you win. i have to agree. i run my own business and deal with people all day, every day. no matter how i feel, how bad a mood im in, how shitty my life may be at that moment, i ALWAYS put a big smile on my face when greeting on my clients and deal with them in a pleasant way. none of my clients will EVER know if im in a bad mood. i take back my former rant.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 05:11:51 PM »
I think OCD's a great thing to have if you're a bodybuilder. It's the most repetitive "sport" in the world - guys who can tune their OCD into bodybuilding are onto a winner.

ya make a good point
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 08:41:18 PM »

you win. i have to agree. i run my own business and deal with people all day, every day. no matter how i feel, how bad a mood im in, how shitty my life may be at that moment, i ALWAYS put a big smile on my face when greeting on my clients and deal with them in a pleasant way. none of my clients will EVER know if im in a bad mood. i take back my former rant.

i hear ya...im a business man too...and i NEVER take that shit to work. you even have to smile on the phone..... ;D