Author Topic: pm questions answered  (Read 2173 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
pm questions answered
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:51:27 AM »
i got couple questions about raw egg white,,,,if they need to be cooked,,etc

im nto nutrition expert but from personal years over years of experience,,your body doesnt know if you chew it or drink it,,for the body it is all the same it gets nutrients and it start breaking it for energy period,,doesnt matter if it is drinks or solids ,,

only thing that you need to do if you drink it is to make sure you do it more often because the body digest it FASTER so,, insted of 5-6 solid meals a day you can have 3 solid meals a day and 4-5 'food drinks' inbetween ,,

then again if you sit in house and sleep all day and go to train an hour then you need 1-2 solid meal a day and 2-3 shakes to grow and thats pretty much it since you dont use no energey

preferable eggwhite products by me is ONLY eggwhites liquid like pepti foods in usa,,sodium is pretty high so just take away sodium from your other meals and balance it

fallen angel

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: pm questions answered
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:54:25 AM »

im nto nutrition expert but from personal years over years of experience,,your body doesnt know if you chew it or drink it,,for the body it is all the same it gets nutrients and it start breaking it for energy period,,doesnt matter if it is drinks or solids ,,

only thing that you need to do if you drink it is to make sure you do it more often because the body digest it FASTER so,, insted of 5-6 solid meals a day you can have 3 solid meals a day and 4-5 'food drinks' inbetween ,,

then again if you sit in house and sleep all day and go to train an hour then you need 1-2 solid meal a day and 2-3 shakes to grow and thats pretty much it since you dont use no energey

preferable eggwhite products by me is ONLY eggwhites liquid like pepti foods in usa,,sodium is pretty high so just take away sodium from your other meals and balance it

It seems like that you are not answering exactly about if raw egg should be cooked or not.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:12:28 AM »
I aint no gh15, but dont think you have to cook the whites.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 02:17:18 AM »
This is from Dr D. regarding raw eggs:

This is sort of tough because both views on raw vs. cooked have good points.The problem is that there is not enough biotin in an egg yolk to bind to all the avidin present in the raw whites. You need 5.7 grams of biotin to neutralize all the avidin found in the raw whites of an average-sized egg. There is only about 25 micrograms of biotin in an average egg yolk.
   What you can do is to separate the yolks from the whites so you can cook the whites and consume the yolks raw. The white can be cooked and eaten on its own. Although cooking the white reduces the nutrient quality and perhaps increases allergic sensitivities to some, the avidin in the egg white breaks down when cooked, therefore releasing the biotin back for your absorption and  eliminating any risk of biotin deficiency.
    You can also buy a Biotin supplement but I wouldn't really recommend that. Animal livers are by far the richest sources of Biotin.
       Don't eat raw egg whites every day. Allow your biotin reserves to rebuild and eat only raw yolks or an alternative breakfast.
       You can also eat yolks one day then whites the next. Remember that the biotin loss occurs in your digestive tract when the two molecules bond together before it is even absorbed. Eating the yolk and the white separately will greatly reduce the problem.
      You will also need to take a Probitiotic to keep your intestinal flora healthy. I wouldn't eat eggs everyday because you will become intolerant and develop a food allergy. I tell my clients to rotate their foods every 4 days.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »
This is from Dr D. regarding raw eggs:

Thanx.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:24:43 AM »

You're stupid.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 03:33:53 AM »
sure u do unless u want salmonela.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 03:37:42 AM »
sure u do unless u want salmonela.

I don't think there's anything wrong with raw eggs as long as you don't have too many raw everyday (though I never noticed any problems from eating alot of raw eggs everyday for long periods).  I've never gotten salmonela or anything.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 04:54:56 AM »
You will also need to take a Probitiotic to keep your intestinal flora healthy. I wouldn't eat eggs everyday because you will become intolerant and develop a food allergy. I tell my clients to rotate their foods every 4 days.

This is a little factoid I think many bodybuilders ignore by eating the same damn foods every day.
!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 06:44:45 AM »
Egg whites are pasteurized (so you can drink them)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 06:54:45 AM »

Bingo. Crack salmonella once and you'll be scared shitless of ever catching it again.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:42 AM »
Salomenella (sic) is mainly from the outside of the egg touching chicken feces in the production.  So, you want to make sure the egg actually does not come into contact with the shell when you crack it.  "like that is an easy thing to do."   Bits of shell in the eggs is what causes salomenella to the egg.

So Crack carefully, and also don't "Crack you one off" in it either.
Most are all show no go!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:03:35 AM »
Bodybuilders never caught salmonella in the 60s and 70s, despite drinking raw egg whites, because it hadn't been discovered yet. 

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:12:42 AM »

100% correct.

Now if you seperate your own, you gotta cook em.

The Beef

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »

Yea, the ones you buy separate, but you cannot drink egg whites that you separated from the egg without risking salmonella. My answer, just cook them, it takes 5 minutes.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 09:36:30 AM »
Yea, the ones you buy separate, but you cannot drink egg whites that you separated from the egg without risking salmonella. My answer, just cook them, it takes 5 minutes.
pound them and it takes 5 sec. either way eggs kick ass. super easy and convienent
-

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 06:36:34 AM »
Food is meant to be enjoyed. Cook your eggs you fuckin' morons.
!