Author Topic: Nasal congestion  (Read 3437 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Nasal congestion
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »

so i don't know which board to ask this on, but I do know that stella has a pool (or at least posted a picture of one . . . close enough) and perhaps more women swim than men.

does anyone else get nasal congestion from swimming? i didn't used to when I was younger, but I've noticed that I invariably do now.

it's not b/c the water is cold.  it was 75 degrees today.  pH levels are perfect . . .

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Nasal congestion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
We don't have a pool.

But it seems like swimming may cause nasal congestion or maybe it's just wet boogs getting "washed" to the front opening of the nostrils and appearing more frequently  :P

Frequent "Boog - checks" by a trusted friend are imperative while swimming w/several guests.
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
We don't have a pool.

But it seems like swimming may cause nasal congestion or maybe it's just wet boogs getting "washed" to the front opening of the nostrils and appearing more frequently  :P

Frequent "Boog - checks" by a trusted friend are imperative while swimming w/several guests.

it's not wet "boogs" getting washed to the front . . . it's like it gets w hay fever . . . can you be allergic to chlorine? couldn't be, b/c my eyes are fine.

when i have guests, I just float around drinking beer . . . it only happens when I do laps. ???

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
it's not wet "boogs" getting washed to the front . . . it's like it gets w hay fever . . . can you be allergic to chlorine? couldn't be, b/c my eyes are fine.

when i have guests, I just float around drinking beer . . . it only happens when I do laps. ???

I'm sure people ar allergic to chlorine but you're right, it seems as though your eyes would be affected if that was your problem.

What are hay-fever symptoms like?

By the way, when is the Al-Gebra Pool Bash for the Open Talk Regulars?  Wheeeeeeee! :D
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »

hay fever symptoms are runny nose, itchy eyes . . . and sneezing.  i've got the pre-runny nose thing going. I just get congested, no runny nose.

Pool bash . . . I'm just imagining Linda running around in my yard. ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:06 AM »
It could simply be some micro-organism in the water that triggers histamine, or you could simply be taking in small amounts of water.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 04:24:16 AM »
How old are you? Could be allergies, they start later for some people. Pollen, pet dander, dust, etc... are all possibilities.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »
Solution= Affrin  ;)
X

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 05:43:56 AM »
so i don't know which board to ask this on, but I do know that stella has a pool (or at least posted a picture of one . . . close enough) and perhaps more women swim than men.

does anyone else get nasal congestion from swimming? i didn't used to when I was younger, but I've noticed that I invariably do now.

it's not b/c the water is cold.  it was 75 degrees today.  pH levels are perfect . . .
I get nasel congestion from bad allergies. I am on a perscribed nasel spray from my doctor right now. It works wonders. Clears you right up.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »
I have nasal congetion....but I think its from the nose being broken 8 times and fracture 20+ times playing rugby and my younger fighting days :-\

They basically want to operate and take a hammer and chisel to my nose / sinus. I have 40% airflow on one side 10% on the other.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 11:48:02 AM »
I have nasal congetion....but I think its from the nose being broken 8 times and fracture 20+ times playing rugby and my younger fighting days :-\

They basically want to operate and take a hammer and chisel to my nose / sinus. I have 40% airflow on one side 10% on the other.
Get the surgery.  I have a buddy whose nose was broken several times and for years he could only breathe through one side.  He had the surgery and is very glad he did!
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »

i think there might be something to this . . . I still play rugby, and my nose has taken a beating.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 11:51:58 AM »
i think there might be something to this . . . I still play rugby, and my nose has taken a beating.

Yeah I'm willing to bet it is. The doc says that as you develope scar tissue, pollops build up on the already crooked internal passages.

Hence the re-breaking and the chiseling that needs to happen. He says it's a large contributor to why some sport players (hockey, lacross, rugby) also seem to not sleep well or develope ghost symptoms of "sleep apnea". Cause in reallity it's not their weight...it's just a simple blockage.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »
Yeah I'm willing to bet it is. The doc says that as you develope scar tissue, pollops build up on the already crooked internal passages.

Hence the re-breaking and the chiseling that needs to happen. He says it's a large contributor to why some sport players (hockey, lacross, rugby) also seem to not sleep well or develope ghost symptoms of "sleep apnea". Cause in reallity it's not their weight...it's just a simple blockage.

that sucks.  I've never mentioned it to the doctor, but it makes complete sense . . . I'll get it checked. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 12:16:09 PM »

Afrin...
carpe` vaginum!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 01:40:20 PM »
that sucks.  I've never mentioned it to the doctor, but it makes complete sense . . . I'll get it checked. 

No one knew a board that started with a little Tampon thread could do such good.......  sniff  :'(
R

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 05:24:44 PM »

Please do let us know what the doctor says...
...and if you need to get it re-broken a few times,
...I'm your gal!
(only too happy to help out a fellow getbigger)  :)
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »
Please do let us know what the doctor says...
...and if you need to get it re-broken a few times,
...I'm your gal!
(only too happy to help out a fellow getbigger)  :)

the next time I'm in Toronto, I WILL take you up on your offer . . . give you the same opportunity to break my nose that I gave everyone else.   ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 10:43:55 PM »
the next time I'm in Toronto, I WILL take you up on your offer . . . give you the same opportunity to break my nose that I gave everyone else.   ;)

Eeeeek!!!

I really need to re-think my offers of self-less generosity before putting them out there.  :-\
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
http://www.sinucleanse.com/?source=google&group=sinucleanse&campaign=1

Here, a spray painter knows whats up w/ sinus problems.

Get them clear and healthy, you wont believe what may wash out  :-X.
Also; Astelin antihistimine spray by MedPointe Pharma Somerset NJ (azelastine HCL) ask Mr Dr.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »

If I ever agree to cat-sit for someone, that person knows they're one of my closest friends . . . I do not like cats . . . people who say that cats are clean haven't been near a litter box.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:01 AM »
If I ever agree to cat-sit for someone, that person knows they're one of my closest friends . . . I do not like cats . . . people who say that cats are clean haven't been near a litter box.

That explains the animosity. ;)  Hmmm, ...since you don't like cats, and smelling the litter box is out of the question,
...maybe you could clear your sinuses of congestion by snorting a little powdered wasabi.  :D

It worked very well for this guy. I don't think his sinuses congested for the next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW_ko330wRA  It's worth a try... no?
w