Author Topic: Besides ON Whey  (Read 4431 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Besides ON Whey
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:45:41 PM »
What other good straight Protein Powders do you use based on flavor and quality

Been using ON for a while and ready for a change...

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Re: Besides ON Whey
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:14:28 PM »
What ON Whey are you using?
O

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:22:29 PM »
eat some steak.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »
Many guys bash soy, but GNC 95 Vanilla is some of the best tasting stuff I've ever had. Friend of mine works at GNC so I get a discount otherwise I prob wouldnt buy it there. I just find whey to be awful shit and it makes me feel terrible.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 07:46:21 PM »

;)
hahaha, whey is ghey, eat real food.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 07:50:47 PM »
Many guys bash soy, but GNC 95 Vanilla is some of the best tasting stuff I've ever had. Friend of mine works at GNC so I get a discount otherwise I prob wouldnt buy it there. I just find whey to be awful shit and it makes me feel terrible.

Soy is probably one of the worst, if not, toxic crap you can eat!!! Whey is garbage but Soy is worse.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 07:51:37 PM »
Toxic! I highly doubt that. 

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 07:54:37 PM »
Toxic! I highly doubt that. 

Of course you do.....

Let me break down my notes I have on file for you:

*   High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.
    * Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.
    * Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.
    * Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.
    * Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body's requirement for B12.
    * Soy foods increase the body's requirement for vitamin D.
    * Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.
    * Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.
    * Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods.
    * Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »
Source? This nice and all, but its not like I eat a soy based diet day in and day out. I eat regular foods and this is just a protein supplement. Im sure you could break down all the cancer causing agents that find their way into steak along with the potential side effects of eating meat loaded with antibiotics and growth hormones to young children. Or the risk of cardiac illness from eating saturated fats, or maybe the heavy metals in tuna that is consumed in the masses by people all over this board and throughout the world.  Im sorry but there arent many "studies" I can honestly beleive. How am I supposed to know whether or not these studies were all done in ideal conditions etc. or werent funded or slanted by those who benefit from less soy consumption.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 08:08:07 PM »
Source? This nice and all, but its not like I eat a soy based diet day in and day out. I eat regular foods and this is just a protein supplement. Im sure you could break down all the cancer causing agents that find their way into steak along with the potential side effects of eating meat loaded with antibiotics and growth hormones to young children. Or the risk of cardiac illness from eating saturated fats, or maybe the heavy metals in tuna that is consumed in the masses by people all over this board and throughout the world.  Im sorry but there arent many "studies" I can honestly beleive. How am I supposed to know whether or not these studies were all done in ideal conditions etc. or werent funded or slanted by those who benefit from less soy consumption.

That's fine. Your entitled to your opinion. I have been studying this and working with all these sort of subjects for years, under some of the top people for guidance and info. You need to find out for yourself then.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 08:13:12 PM »
Thats cool. Im just saying the way things are these days its all relative. No matter how healthy or unhealthy I chose to live im running into something. Now you cant even eat shit off the grocery shelves because of all the preservertives and artificials that could end up being a carcinogen in another year. So what I'm saying based on how I feel taking soy, is im willing to find out. Teflon used to be safe right? Its a gamble not eating naturally raised anything imo. Not many people have a choice and I cant afford to eat all natural foods so I guess we shall see what happens.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »
Thats cool. Im just saying the way things are these days its all relative. No matter how healthy or unhealthy I chose to live im running into something. Now you cant even eat shit off the grocery shelves because of all the preservertives and artificials that could end up being a carcinogen in another year. So what I'm saying based on how I feel taking soy, is im willing to find out. Teflon used to be safe right? Its a gamble not eating naturally raised anything imo. Not many people have a choice and I cant afford to eat all natural foods so I guess we shall see what happens.

Ok...but stay away from soy!!!!

:P

get the book: The Whole Soy Story if you want to get more understanding on the subject.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »
Do you have any research on whey?

Im still gonna take soy cause I cant tolerate whey.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »
Do you have any research on whey?

Im still gonna take soy cause I cant tolerate whey.

yeah, I'll PM it you tomorrow...I have 2 papers written on it.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »
cool, thanks!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 07:01:22 AM »
I use the ON Gold and have been very fond of the MHP ProBolic...

I am thinking about Dymatize......

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 07:03:51 AM »
I had some EAS Myo-something for the first time in years last night and found it pretty tolerable, dare I say almost good tasting. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »
What other good straight Protein Powders do you use based on flavor and quality

Been using ON for a while and ready for a change...

GNC 100% Whey protein, specifically the Strawberry, Banana, and Chocolate Caramel flavored ones, are good.

Also, there's EAS MyoPro Protein.

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 07:35:09 AM »
ASN American whey protein. It's one of the best tasting proteins around. www.americanwhey.com

Baby_Hercules

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • myspace.com/babyhercules1914
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »
Isopure
IDS Multipro - Belgian Chocolate tastes great
EAS 100% Whey
Nectar

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »

I actually have the Banana-flavored version of GNC Soy Protein 95 (GNC had it marked down). It's alright, as far as taste goes; but as is the case with most soy protein powder, it has that sandy texture to it.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 08:17:07 AM »
How is the banana flavor?

I may get some EAS again now that I remember what it tastes like.

Whey seems more sandy than soy, soy has a flower like texture to me.

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 08:56:24 AM »
all these high rollers in here; taking Isopure and EAS supplements?
I love me some me!!!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 09:02:51 AM »
EAS Myo pro was like 23 bucks a tub on dps nutrition, high rollin? ???