Author Topic: Michael Vick Dogfighting Case Makes Way to Floor of U.S. Senate  (Read 1048 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I think what these guys did was terrible and they should go to jail, but the death penalty?  Time for this old fart to retire already. 

Michael Vick Dogfighting Case Makes Way to Floor of U.S. Senate
Thursday, July 19, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. —  The Michael Vick dogfighting case made its way to the floor of the U.S. Senate Thursday when its most senior member publicly declared his outrage, saying he's witnessed one execution but wouldn't mind seeing another "if it involves this cruel, sadistic, cannibalistic business of training innocent, vulnerable creatures to kill."

The strong words from Sen. Robert Byrd, D-WV, widely known for his devotion to animals, come as dogfighting controversy swirls around the Atlanta Falcons star quarterback. Vick and three others were indicted earlier this week on felony charges of competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting, and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

The dogs were housed, trained and fought at a property owned by Vick in Surry County, Va., under an outfit named "Bad Newz Kennels," the indictment says.

Among the grisly findings: Losing dogs either died in the pit or were electrocuted, drowned, hanged or shot. The indictment said purses climbed as high as $20,000 for fights.

Byrd called the activities described in the Vick case "sadistic" and "barbaric." At one point, Byrd began shouting and pumping his fist.

"Barbaric!," he yelled. "Let that word resounding from hill to hill, and from mountain to mountain, and valley to valley across the broad land. Barbaric! Barbaric! May God help those poor souls who'd be so cruel. Barbaric! Hear me! Barbaric!"

NFL Quarterback Michael Vick Due in Court July 26 on Dogfighting Charges Gruesome Details in Indictment Naming NFL Quarterback Michael Vick in Dogfighting Case NFL Quarterback Michael Vick Indicted in Dog Fighting Case Byrd, 89, said he would not prejudge the men's guilt or innocence, but he left no doubts about his sentiments.

"I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt," he said.

"One is left wondering," he said. "Who are the real animals: the creatures inside or outside the ring?"

. . .

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290061,00.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Michael Vick Dogfighting Case Makes Way to Floor of U.S. Senate
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:54:23 PM »
Sounds good, killem all 8)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 06:14:57 AM »
Vick is as good as done, and he has no one to blame but himself. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
Considering you did not hear the speech you don't know he did not call for his execution, but stated that if it's true then people like Vick have a spot in hell awaiting them.
Did those statement offend your brethren?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »
Vick is as good as done, and he has no one to blame but himself. 

I agree.  This is the path he chose.  I have zero sympathy for this guy.  He came out of a terrible family environment to become a multimillionaire, holding one of the most privileged jobs on the planet, yet he couldn't avoid something as barbaric as torturing and killing animals.  Just plain stupid.

Some of these athletes just kill me.  If I had more money than I could spend I think I'd find plenty to do other than going to a club at 2 a.m., driving an orange Lamborghini, or torturing and killing animals.

That said, I'm really glad they indicted him before the season so I can adjust my fantasy football rankings . . . .

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 10:13:18 AM »

That said, I'm really glad they indicted him before the season so I can adjust my fantasy football rankings . . . .

Oh!!!   :o  No you didn't!!!!   :o

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »
Oh!!!   :o  No you didn't!!!!   :o

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

lol.  Priorities mang.   :D