Author Topic: Zeitgeist  (Read 1981 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Zeitgeist
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:26:21 AM »
Berserker gives this film TWO ENTUSIASTIC THUMBS UP :D  Beach Bum, Popcorn is on me, just tell me were to send a box :)

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

A few major things left out but the film can't be faulted as covering everything would be impossible and this film gives a good shot at it!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Zeitgeist
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 12:36:59 AM »
Berserker gives this film TWO ENTUSIASTIC THUMBS UP :D  Beach Bum, Popcorn is on me, just tell me were to send a box :)

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

A few major things left out but the film can't be faulted as covering everything would be impossible and this film gives a good shot at it!

I don't eat popcorn.  My movie snack is Peanut M&Ms.   :)  From the link: 

"Thank you for your interest in Zeitgeist.
Zeitgeist was created as a not for profit expression to inspire people to start looking at the world
from a more critical perspective and to understand that very often things are not what the
population at large think they are."

This is funny, because I was telling someone today that things are generally what they appear to be and the simplest, most apparent answer is often the right answer.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:44:49 AM »
I don't eat popcorn.  My movie snack is Peanut M&Ms.   :)  From the link: 

"Thank you for your interest in Zeitgeist.
Zeitgeist was created as a not for profit expression to inspire people to start looking at the world
from a more critical perspective and to understand that very often things are not what the
population at large think they are."

This is funny, because I was telling someone today that things are generally what they appear to be and the simplest, most apparent answer is often the right answer.   
I'm sure Occam's Razor has its logical applications, but I'm sure even you know full well the implications of implying it to everything.  We're talking about major world events, the simplest explanation is often opposite of the truth in worldy affairs...  Peanut M&Ms on me!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:58:02 AM »
I'm sure Occam's Razor has its logical applications, but I'm sure even you know full well the implications of implying it to everything.  We're talking about major world events, the simplest explanation is often opposite of the truth in worldy affairs...  Peanut M&Ms on me!!!!

I don't apply it to everything.  I said "very often."  On the other hand, I wouldn't say major world events "often" are not what they appear to be.  I'd go with "sometimes."  And it isn't just limited to major world events.  People lead double lives.  People lie.  I see it much too often.

A lady told me today about her jury service in a criminal drug case.  She said she saw the defendant sitting outside the courthouse wearing expensive dark glasses, a leather jacket, two pagers, a cell, expensive looking watch, etc.  She felt bad because she judged the guy partly on how he looked.  That's when I told her I would have reached the same conclusion:  dealer.   :)  Who wears a leather jacket on Maui??  I know looks can be deceiving, but I doubt the guy was a boy scout.

Believing things are often what they appear to be doesn't mean you assume the appearance is good.         

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 01:16:05 AM »
I don't apply it to everything.  I said "very often."  On the other hand, I wouldn't say major world events "often" are not what they appear to be.  I'd go with "sometimes."  And it isn't just limited to major world events.  People lead double lives.  People lie.  I see it much too often.

A lady told me today about her jury service in a criminal drug case.  She said she saw the defendant sitting outside the courthouse wearing expensive dark glasses, a leather jacket, two pagers, a cell, expensive looking watch, etc.  She felt bad because she judged the guy partly on how he looked.  That's when I told her I would have reached the same conclusion:  dealer.   :)  Who wears a leather jacket on Maui??  I know looks can be deceiving, but I doubt the guy was a boy scout.

Believing things are often what they appear to be doesn't mean you assume the appearance is good.         
I can't disagree with any of that but I will add "sometimes" is to much where world events are at issue.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »
Now that's what I call a bullet straight between the eyeballs  :P

Thank Goodness 'some' people don't read this forum.

That would give them a heart attack... have them frothing at the mouth even.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 11:59:48 PM »
ohhhh zow!!!!  BUMP :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 08:06:34 AM »
seeeee :)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
seeeee :)

So how much of it would you say is factual?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 08:05:16 AM »
So how much of it would you say is factual?
How much of it would you say is not?  Much of it can be checked.  That's the beauty of posting this stuff on a forum for discussion.  I remember from my mythology courses some of the similarities between Christianity and previous systems but much of what was introduced I did not remember being that close so I did a one by one check and indeed those similarities are there.  Best thing to do is if you think something in the movie was bogus, post why you think it is and hopefully we can all hash it out and find a truth.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:39:06 AM »
I just posted something about this on the religion board.

Very interesting indeed.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 01:28:37 PM »
I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

For your sake, Nordic, there best be some car chases and breasts in it!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
Lots of "flange" in this one!

Have you viewed this:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=165978.0
الاسلام هو شيطانية