Author Topic: Obama: Don't Stay in Iraq Over Genocide  (Read 603 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama: Don't Stay in Iraq Over Genocide
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:12:09 AM »
SUNAPEE, N.H. (AP) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Thursday the United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.
"Well, look, if that's the criteria by which we are making decisions on the deployment of U.S. forces, then by that argument you would have 300,000 troops in the Congo right now—where millions have been slaughtered as a consequence of ethnic strife—which we haven't done," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press.......

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QGF5700&show_article=1

Yet we wasted how much money in Bosnia backing the wrong side as it turned out. The Dems need to figure out their foreign policy and stick to it. He later mentions diplomacy.....its naive. I think u can use diplomacy when dealing with a political ideology. Folks who believe in that want to to live, want to succeed etc. I don't think it works with religious nut cases like the muslims. They are very willing and in some cases want to kill themselves in the name of Allah.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama: Don't Stay in Iraq Over Genocide
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
SUNAPEE, N.H. (AP) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Thursday the United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.
"Well, look, if that's the criteria by which we are making decisions on the deployment of U.S. forces, then by that argument you would have 300,000 troops in the Congo right now—where millions have been slaughtered as a consequence of ethnic strife—which we haven't done," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press.......

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8QGF5700&show_article=1

Yet we wasted how much money in Bosnia backing the wrong side as it turned out. The Dems need to figure out their foreign policy and stick to it. He later mentions diplomacy.....its naive. I think u can use diplomacy when dealing with a political ideology. Folks who believe in that want to to live, want to succeed etc. I don't think it works with religious nut cases like the muslims. They are very willing and in some cases want to kill themselves in the name of Allah.

I disagree with Obama.  We have used our military for humanitarian missions on a number of occasions.  Cannot discount genocide.  Would be very irresponsible.