Author Topic: pm question answrd  (Read 3815 times)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
pm question answrd
« on: July 20, 2007, 05:01:31 PM »
[quote author
*please leave name out if this goes public. Thanks

Hello. Great stuff GH15. Please keep them coming.

I am in a debate with a friend. In every dvd of Jay Cutler you will get the fortunate oppurtunity of watching him eat.
I say he may be able to maintain size now at this point eating as clean as he does.
But coming up and growing along the way, there is no way he could have put on his size w/out hitting a few pizzas, burgers, and a bucket of chicken wings now and then.
Do you agree or disagree?
Thanks,,,
[/quote]

you dont grow on clean food period,,you rip up on it,,IF you got enough muscle mass
first couple years in gym no one follow no diet,,its your genetics,, training ,,and then steroids and other products,,the diet come later on either before or after hormones depending on where you are,, who you are,, and what you want in the sport,,
if magic happen it will happen on any diet as long as you dont eat like a fat pig,, food totally saturated fat all the time,,and  as long as you started as an average size/fat% individual,,,,

whenever someone need muscle mass,,that someone got to eat! no steroid in the world will help beside food,,dont believe all the 60s and 70s guys,,they ate their mommy and daddy and then some,,they ate 3-4 meals a day,,big meals,,they didnt sit and calculated no calories like you see in the doctor franco book ;)

only when you get to a point when you have enough muscle mass on you,,only then! you can start play with yoru diet,,till then you need to eat enough calories in addition to the hormones inorder to grow,,for some the number is 180lb for some 200lb for some 240lb the only thing that really matters is that majority of this weight will be muscle mass,,and that brings you back to training,,foundation,,hormones,,and enough calories,,and you wont get enough calories from clean food for the growth you are looking for  unless you sleep eat and train with no other activity in life and have the preivilage to dedicate all your time to bodybuilding,,and its rare,,so eat big!

when cutting and preping its a diff story

* to avoid other questions,,yes if only thing you do in life is bodybuilding,,you dont work,,you are rich,,you sleep a lot,,you will be able to grow on completely clean diet,,when someone dont spend much energy he/she can grow on 3 meals a day,,even if they are clean meals
fallen angel

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: pm question answrd
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:05:22 PM »
this post makes me feel great about what i eat. ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
Long live junk food!!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 05:09:12 PM »
Long live junk food!!!
hahahaha, i just had an after dinner Reeses Peanut Butter Cup blizzard from Dairy Queen, havent had a desert all week though.

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 05:11:04 PM »
I heard Haney ate a gallon of ice cream a day while bulking up !
any truth to this ?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 05:14:26 PM »
I heard Haney ate a gallon of ice cream a day while bulking up !
any truth to this ?
i wouldn't doubt it, you should see some of the stuff i've seen Mark Erpelding eat, that guy used to eat all kinds of fast food, i was talking to a big powerlifter one time who said that he drank a gallon of chocolate milk a day.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »
hahahaha, i just had an after dinner Reeses Peanut Butter Cup blizzard from Dairy Queen, havent had a desert all week though.

Its a 110 degrees in vegas, so only a milkshake will do the trick for lunch here.   Its so hot i dont even want to go to the gym...........Im moving to Montana.. >:(

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »

Hahahahaha, no wonder you're the fat ass that you are!!! It's obvious you follow gh15's advice to a T, only difference is that "the majority of your mass" is fat!!

Hahahahahah, pig boy!!! Shame on you!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Stavios

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 05:19:49 PM »
yop ! most of the big guys I know don't eat very clean exept when they are precontest.

exept this HUGE THICK dude at my gym. He does not compete cause he don't feel the need too but damn it he looks incredible. he always train in string tank top, his arms must be a good 19,5 if not 20 inches shredded.
the dude has no life, he told me he works, go to the gym and then he gets to sleep at like 9pm everyday to sleep the most that he can  ;D
that guy only eat clean food year round.

I wouldn't do it, I love eating whatever I want

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
Hahahahaha, no wonder you're the fat ass that you are!!! It's obvious you follow gh15's advice to a T, only difference is that "the majority of your mass" is fat!!

Hahahahahah, pig boy!!! Shame on you!!

Epic insecurity attack.     In the words of SF  "Calm down tiger"

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 05:32:55 PM »

Epic insecurity attack.     In the words of SF  "Calm down tiger"

Insecure? Me?? Nah, man, just stating the facts, just the facts...

You, on the other hand, seems to be his brave rescue shinning knight, am i wrong?

War-Horse + Squadfather = monster getbig's homo couple ! :-[
Reservations at Dorsia ?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
Insecure? Me?? Nah, man, just stating the facts, just the facts...

You, on the other hand, seems to be his brave rescue shinning knight, am i wrong?

War-Horse + Squadfather = monster getbig's homo couple ! :-[

Whats a "shinning Knight"??

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 05:42:10 PM »
Reservations at Dorsia ?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »

su su sudio... ;)

Now you're talking to me, baby....Would you like to join me for a dinner at Dorsia?! ;)
Reservations at Dorsia ?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »
Now you're talking to me, baby....Would you like to join me for a dinner at Dorsia?! ;)

Sure.  If im not there by 6, start with out me.  Ill be your "Shinning Knight"

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 06:36:10 PM »

Sure.  If im not there by 6, start with out me.  Ill be your "Shinning Knight"
:

:-*
Reservations at Dorsia ?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 07:38:54 PM »
Simply another reason why steroids make bodybuilding so much easier.

All the advice GH just gave, throw it out the window for naturals.

The only way for a natural to add lean mass is to eat clean and only 200-500 calories over maintenance per day without turning into a tub of lard aka War-Horse. Druggies don't have this problem.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 07:51:15 PM »

The only way for a natural to add lean mass is to eat clean and only 200-500 calories over maintenance per day without turning into a tub of lard aka War-Horse. Druggies don't have this problem.

LOL.   yeah, my life is pure misery... ;D

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 07:58:03 PM »

LOL.   yeah, my life is pure misery... ;D

no hard feelings, you will still be shredded at 180-190, which is no slouch for a natural.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
no hard feelings, you will still be shredded at 180-190, which is no slouch for a natural.

No prob, its getbig afterall.         I kinda like looking like a fullback in the NFL.

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »

We will have to agree to disagree on this one..

In my case I have found that I absolutely need what is considered junk food to grow beyond a certain point. At one point I was consuming 1/2 gallon of ice cream a day along with 3-6 honey buns, along with healthier foods, I have only grown when I have done this. I have gone through phases where I cleaned up my diet and actually lost size and strength. The extra calories from junk food works well for those that burn high levels of calories naturally, there definitely is a place for this type of eating for naturals.

Law

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 08:17:33 PM »
We will have to agree to disagree on this one..

In my case I have found that I absolutely need what is considered junk food to grow beyond a certain point. At one point I was consuming 1/2 gallon of ice cream a day along with 3-6 honey buns, along with healthier foods, I have only grown when I have done this. I have gone through phases where I cleaned up my diet and actually lost size and strength. The extra calories from junk food works well for those that burn high levels of calories naturally, there definitely is a place for this type of eating for naturals.

Law

You are definitely in the minority I believe as far as genetics and metabolism. Even with eating that 1/2 gallon of ice cream, how many calories above maintenance were you?

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »
Pobrecito, I've seen your pic.  You should follow GH15 and myseone's advice.  You won't turn into "a tub of lard".

myseone

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »
You are definitely in the minority I believe as far as genetics and metabolism. Even with eating that 1/2 gallon of ice cream, how many calories above maintenance were you?

Yeah I would agree with you there,
From about 19-27 I was eating around 7000 cals a day. and still remained within single digit body fat levels. gaining size took a while because my metabolism was so fast.

At one point I was drinking 2 gallons of whole milk a day, plus the 1/2 gallon of ice cream, plus a pound of red meat, bread, oats, etc.. basically non stop eating. I remember walking around with canolla oil and drinking shots of that throughout the day...nasty.

Now I eat less, but I still eat ice cream every day along with candy.

How many calories above maintenance? Well it took 7000+ cals for me to get up to 225lbs. or so, now I weigh 205lbs and eat around 4000 cals a day, sometimes more.