Author Topic: joint health supplements?!  (Read 3888 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
joint health supplements?!
« on: July 21, 2007, 05:56:01 AM »
Is the whole glucosamine and chondrotin  with msn stack really do it's thing? Or is it just a waste? My elbow bothers me with heavy, heavy sets and want something ot take to make sure it's not being completely destroyed.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: joint health supplements?!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:02:11 AM »
Yes they do work, I started taking them while I was still busy with judo.
It takes a few weeks to kick in properly but it is well worth it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:19:16 AM »
Yes they do work, I started taking them while I was still busy with judo.
It takes a few weeks to kick in properly but it is well worth it.

That's what the sales person told me. That it would take about a month to be noticable. It says take 2 caps twice a day. Isn't that a little over kill?! ???

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »

That's what the sales person told me. That it would take about a month to be noticable. It says take 2 caps twice a day. Isn't that a little over kill?! ???

Depends how much is in each cap.  Standard daily dose is 1500/1200 glucos/chon
:

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »
Depends how much is in each cap.  Standard daily dose is 1500/1200 glucos/chon

500mg in each cap. So two caps a day sounds good so far. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work, then I'll add another dose per day.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
I would stick with Garden of Life's " F.Y.I." ...Works wonders and right away but can be costly.
You need to increase your Omega-3's and lay off any Omega-6's.....Lay off Gluten / Sugars which causes inflammation.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 08:30:57 AM »
I would stick with Garden of Life's " F.Y.I." ...Works wonders and right away but can be costly.
You need to increase your Omega-3's and lay off any Omega-6's.....Lay off Gluten / Sugars which causes inflammation.

I don't have alot of sugars in my diet anyway or breads for that matter. Omega 3's supplementation? Even if I'm taking in alot of fish?

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »
I don't have alot of sugars in my diet anyway or breads for that matter. Omega 3's supplementation? Even if I'm taking in alot of fish?

the fish you are probably eating is farmed raised and is loaded with harmful chemicals and inflammatory agents. I would highly suggest a fish oil through the day with your meals....

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:37 AM »
You can do a "loading" dose for a month or so, and then reduce it do a "maintenance" dose.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 08:48:23 AM »
Thansk both of you! Yeah it's farm raised tilapia and salmon.  :-\

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »
I've found 3000-4000mg of MSM daily helps a little with my knees & elbow.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 07:14:58 PM »
A Pure, Potent Joint Health Alternative

Cynatine FLX™ is a natural alternative to glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate, combining potent joint health and anti-oxidant properties into a single premium ingredient extracted from pure New Zealand wool protein.

It is manufactured from keratin, a group of more than 200 proteins that provide the protective and strengthening properties of skin, hair, wool and feathers. These proteins are normally non-soluble and indigestible. Keratec Ltd, the designer and manufacturer of Cynatine FLX™, has developed patent-protected ways of extracting natural keratin in soluble and digestible form, leaving its natural amino acid structure intact.

Four powerful benefits in a single ingredient

Joint health:
  • Helps to prevent joint breakdown and build joint resilience
  • Anti-inflammatory effect

Anti-oxidant properties:
  • Glutathione building block
  • Direct protection against ROS

CYNATINE FLX™ - SAFE, DIGESTIBLE, NON-ALLERGENIC, NATURAL

Cynatine FLX™ provides targeted benefits for four key metabolic reactions. It:
  • stimulates the body's proteoglycan synthesis to prevent joint breakdown and increase shock absorption
  • generates taurine with anti-inflammatory properties for joints
  • improves the body's ability to produce glutathione, the body's own anti-oxidant defence mechanism
  • directly protects the body from harmful reactive oxygen species (ROS)

THE FOURFOLD ACTION

1. Helps to prevent joint breakdown and build joint resilience
During metabolic breakdown of Cynatine, peptides, amino acids and sulfuric containing compounds are created. The body uses sulfur in two key metabolisms. One is to assist CDO, an enzyme that generates natural inorganic sulphate from cysteine. This is used for the sulfation of proteoglycans - the sugar-protein polymers in our joints that are required for joint mobility, strength and particularly resistance to compression. Joints deteriorate without this sulfation activity.

2. Anti-inflammatory effect
Aged joints and joints with health problems show defective cysteine metabolism. Cysteine is especially important for joint health because it generates taurine, an important anti-inflammatory that is deficient in sufferers of joint health problems. The more cysteine available, the greater the supply of taurine to the body, helping to reduce joint inflammation

3. A glutathione building block increasing anti-oxidant levels
Anti-oxidants are vital to the long-term health of joints. Glutathione is a major anti-oxidant present in all parts of the body. However, scientific literature has shown that the body has a limited ability to access glutathione when it is taken as a supplement. Because Cynatine FLX™ delivers intact natural cysteine, glycine and glutamic acid, it works in concert with the cell's own anti-oxidant mechanism, enabling the body to boost its own glutathione levels.

4. Provides cells with direct protection against ROS
Anti-oxidants are important aids in preventing joint breakdown and joint repair. Keratec's purification process provides Cynatine FLX™ with natural amino acids which posses a high level of anti-oxidant activity. Cynatine FLX™ feeds anti-oxidants directly to cells, providing them with direct protection against ROS (reactive oxygen species or oxidants). The natural amino acids in Cynatine FLX™ help to maintain the joint's anti-oxidant status and prevents oxidative stress from occurring. New proteins are always needed to keep joints in good repair. Cynatine FLX™ provides an excellent source of essential amino acids that are required to make new joint specific proteins.

The Natural Alternative
Cynatine FLX™ is a natural alternative to a range of joint health and anti-oxidant ingredients. It provides a non-allergenic alternative to shrimp, unlike most glucosamine ingredients. It contains no products derived from processed animal cartilage, unlike most chondroitin ingredients. It generates naturally-occuring amino acids like cysteine, serine and arginine during digestion, unlike synthetic ingredients. As a soluble, digestible, non-degrading compound, Cynatine FLX™ requires no undesirable stabilizers such as sulphate or HCl; as an intact keratin source, it provides full-strength biochemical interventions.

Cynatine is sourced from pure New Zealand wool, direct from the farmer and based on rigorous quality specifications. It can be supplied as a powder or a liquid.

Keratec Ltd is a New Zealand-based biotechnology company producing new materials from natural sources using patented technologies.

disclaimer: I myself have never tried or used this particular product, ...however I have heard good things about it

Hope That Helps,

ps - I suggest it because there has been a lot of research linking health risks associated with the use of glucosamine and chondroitin
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 09:20:26 PM »
wicked, I've read your log, you're pushing big weights.Honestly I'm nowhere near your strength and I take 4500/3600 gluc/chon everyday, divided into three doses. I slowly worked my way up over several months. The soreness seemed to slowly go away, so I kept upping the dose, now I may try to come back down, but just to give you an idea of what kind of doses can be used. I haven't had any negative results from this. mAnd it took me about 5-6weeks before I felt a difference, and it was a relief.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 09:45:34 PM »
wicked, I've read your log, you're pushing big weights.Honestly I'm nowhere near your strength and I take 4500/3600 gluc/chon everyday, divided into three doses. I slowly worked my way up over several months. The soreness seemed to slowly go away, so I kept upping the dose, now I may try to come back down, but just to give you an idea of what kind of doses can be used. I haven't had any negative results from this. mAnd it took me about 5-6weeks before I felt a difference, and it was a relief.

If you weren't so busy trampling the weak, and hurdling the dead
...you wouldn't have any problems with your joints.  ;)  :-*
w

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 08:36:15 AM »
If you weren't so busy trampling the weak, and hurdling the dead
...you wouldn't have any problems with your joints.  ;)  :-*
it's a job :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 09:15:07 AM »
I take 4500/3600 gluc/chon everyday, divided into three doses. I slowly worked my way up over several months. The soreness seemed to slowly go away, so I kept upping the dose, now I may try to come back down, but just to give you an idea of what kind of doses can be used. I haven't had any negative results from this. mAnd it took me about 5-6weeks before I felt a difference, and it was a relief.

More is not better - probably just a waste.  Science has shown the 1500/1200 to be effective with no additional benefits from using more.  Now that you're "loaded", you may want to back down to the standard dose.
:

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »

More is not better - probably just a waste.  Science has shown the 1500/1200 to be effective with no additional benefits from using more.  Now that you're "loaded", you may want to back down to the standard dose.

more may not be better, all I know is how I feel. My joints feel better at a higher dose, like I said, I slowly worked my way up to that point. I may try to start coming back down, I'll have to see how I feel.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!