Author Topic: Toronto Cops pound the tar out of Chilean under 20 soccer players  (Read 2740 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The FIFA under 20 world cup taking place in Toronto saw some interesting interaction after the Chile vs. Agentina game, when a huge brawl brokeout between Chilean soccer players, and Argentinian players, soccer fans, the Toronto Police Dept. There was some raw footage caught on cell phone cameras, shown on the news, and it wasn't pretty. Apparently the Chilean coach was tazored. Up to 12 players were arrested, but not before the entire team of under 20 yr. olds were tazored, billy clubbed, pepper sprayed etc. The Chilean consulate had to intervene on behalf of the players. What a PR nightmare. They're suppose to play in the finals on Sunday for the bronze medal, ...but I wonder how many of them got their knees capped by billy clubs, and how that will affect their game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYRlJHn_68c

Chilean soccer team involved in melee with police

Police officers surround the bus for the
Chilean team outside the stadium
following the semifinal of the FIFA U-20
World Cup Thursday in Toronto.
Argentina beat Chile 3-0 to face the
Czech Republic in the final Sunday.
(Aaron Harris/Canadian Press)

At least half a dozen players from Chile's under-20 soccer team were handcuffed and taken back into BMO Field in Toronto Thursday night following a melee with police.

The commotion started as Chilean players were about to greet fans after their 3-0 defeat against Argentina in the semifinal match of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup.

Police prevented the players from reaching the large fence that separated them from their fans.

As pushing and shoving began, a Chilean official said police used pepper spray and a Taser gun to subdue the players and some other members of the nation's soccer delegation. ...more of the story here <--click me
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Toronto Cops pound the tar out of Chilean under 20 soccer players
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
Toronto authorities must have gone to the "beatdown" workshop held by the LAPD   :P

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:31:28 PM »
the cops must have been on roids and all went into roid rage

blame it on roids!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »
I did not see much just heard alot of talk...

If they charged or madethreats against the cops

BEATDOWN

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 05:47:31 AM »
The story continues...

More of the story is coming out now, ...and it appears a Chilean player has admitted that one of his teammates punched a female officer in the face and spat on her, ....prior to the pepper spray coming out, the tazers getting charged, and the billy clubs flying through the air.  :P  Talk about a stupid move!
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

so why should we care about this?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »
jeez..and i thought it was just the ugly americans that always act uncivilized.  now i realize being an asshole crosses all borders.
footloose and fancy free

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »
no real shock. i think it was pretty obvious that the players started it.
but lets see if the chilean government and people apoligize for the shit they said.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 05:00:11 PM »
Cool, fuck those South American sleazebags.
The House that Ruth built

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 05:39:18 AM »
the cops must have been on roids and all went into roid rage

blame it on roids!!

no real shock. i think it was pretty obvious that the players started it.
but lets see if the chilean government and people apoligize for the shit they said.

C'mon Blinky,  make up your mind.  :)

I don't know how obvious it was that the players started it. It was just a gut feeling on my part, ...'cause I can assure you what footage there was wasn't making the players look bad in the least. But when I put together what I know about the TO police and their desire to be good ambassadors for the city, coupled with the fact that these were international "celebrities" AND minors, ...not to mention with this being on the heels of the notorious Jama Jama beatdown, ...I had to think theres no way the cops would instigate something like this. If anything, ...they were simply finishing the job.

{giggle} I can just picture the police chiefs head exploding upon hearing the news of the melée.
That's got to be a PR nightmare to have it heard round the world that your officers beat up children.
w