Author Topic: heavy days  (Read 1545 times)

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
heavy days
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
my training has come to a sort of a plateau, Ive done many things with training theses few months, but it seems lifting heavy always have turned out the most sufficient results. it seems light training days don't fish me the same standards, some say you need to train light in order to give your nervous system a break..but I'm training for size and strength and any other way seems to sterilize my progress..and i know this style of training all the time can result an injuries..but i do check my ego at the door I'm smart about training heavy...the reason I'm posting is this board has always told the truth, and has many powerlifters who have been in the game a long time.unlike all the premadonnas in my gym and in this town i respect the advise here.

my training and max lifts are as follows

Mon..chest-tris
Tue..back-bis
wed..deads
Thurs..shoulders-traps
fri-legs
sat-running-pull ups,weighted dips
sun..off

bench max..435
incline bench max..405
squat..565
dead..650
weight..265-275
age..23
ht..6ft

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: heavy days
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:51:04 AM »

Mon..chest-tris
Tue..back-bis
wed..deads
Thurs..shoulders-traps
fri-legs
sun..off

bench max..435
incline bench max..405
squat..565
dead..650
weight..265-275
age..23
ht..6ft

not enough recovery in your program.  you work your BACK on tues and the next day your using your back to deadlift your also kicking it hard 5 days straight with no time for the body to recover from one workout till the next. Are you a bodybuilder or a powerlifter? Drug free or on the shit? IMHO, even if your on the shit your still working out to many days in a row and double hitting the same muscle groups to soon.
sept 10th APF

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: heavy days
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
my training has come to a sort of a plateau, Ive done many things with training theses few months, but it seems lifting heavy always have turned out the most sufficient results. it seems light training days don't fish me the same standards, some say you need to train light in order to give your nervous system a break..but I'm training for size and strength and any other way seems to sterilize my progress..and i know this style of training all the time can result an injuries..but i do check my ego at the door I'm smart about training heavy...the reason I'm posting is this board has always told the truth, and has many powerlifters who have been in the game a long time.unlike all the premadonnas in my gym and in this town i respect the advise here.

my training and max lifts are as follows

Mon..chest-tris
Tue..back-bis
wed..deads
Thurs..shoulders-traps
fri-legs
sun..off

bench max..435
incline bench max..405
squat..565
dead..650
weight..265-275
age..23
ht..6ft

Try this:

Week 1:

Mon..Heavy benchpress, and a LITTLE shoulder work eg side raises (don't forget rotator cuff), Deadlifts, abs, one set each of lat pulldowns/chins/DB rows, heavy.
Tue..Rest

wed..Squat, Stiff deadlifts (light/moderate weight, focus on the hammies)
Thurs..rest
Friday..Triceps (Board benchpress, close grip benchpress, et al) biceps, abs
sat..recovery walk (30 minutes, optional)
sun..rest

Week 2:

Same as week 1, but use 10% less weight on all excersises, still the same amount of reps.

Should help you get out of the slump IMO.
As empty as paradise