Author Topic: I saved a baby kitten last night.  (Read 12628 times)

b.c.

• Getbig II
Re: I saved a baby kitten last night.
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
Last night on my way home I saw this little kitten sitting in the middle of a busy street (it was all of maybe 5-6 weeks old).  I pulled my car by it, opened the door, jumped out and grabbed it.  As I was picking it up I saw another on under a car that was sitting at the light.  I threw the kitten in my car and then banged on the guys window and told him not to move, that there was a kitten under his car.  He got out and we looked and it disappeared.  The guy then said there was a stray that had kittens by his house and then he noticed the kittens and cat disappeared.  I asked him where he lived and he said around the corner.  I then came to the conclusion that the kittens crawled up into his car.  I had him shut off his car and open his hood.  Low and behold ... you could see another kitten.  Then a cop came by and I told him what was going on.  He and the guy were looking through the guys car.   They said they could see 4 other kittens.  I almost died.  I had to go so I took the kitten that was in my car with me.  I think they were all in his chasse of his car and started falling out when he approached the light (the one I took was a car length away from his car and the other kitten was directly under his car).  Had I not seen the kitten, it would have probably gotten hit by another car (it looked like a rolled up piece of paper) and the others would have probably gotten killed in the car's fan or burned to death by the motor.  :(  So I took it home and it hissed at me and even clawed my face (just a little scratch) so I figure it is scared to death of where it is and people in general.  I put him in Rocky's crate to settle down.  Here is the pictures of the little guy.

You are nice person!  It is hard to get a kitten like that because they get so scared.  I tried to do that once with a kitten on the side of the road but it scampered away, felt really bad.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 05:50:52 AM »
Hi Everyone!  Thank you for all your thoughts.  Here is an Update on the kitten:

Last night went very well.  Snowball (Michael has named the kitten) was very social.  I decided to give it a go and put my open hand into the kennel very slowly.  Snowball watched my every move but didn’t hiss this time.  I just kept creeping my hand in stopping every few seconds allowing Snowball to assess the situation.  I finally was able to touch Snowball.  She (I say she because I think Snowball is a girl) allowed me to pat her and did so without hissing.  When I stopped she decided it wasn’t enough and started to lean into my hand as if to ask for more.  So I started scratching into her fur and she actually rolled over and let me rub her belly.  This went on for about 15 minutes.  I withdrew my hand from the kennel and gave her some time to realize she could come out.  After a short while she did venture out and scope out the room.  She sat on my lap and let me pat and scratch her for a long time.  When it was time for me to go to bed I put her back into the kennel and she jumped into the litter box, dug a hole and peed.  I was actually getting worried that she was never going to go to the bathroom as she hadn’t (at least none that I can see in the kennel, for the whole day.  She then went onto her blanket and rolled over onto her side looking for me to pat her again.  I think she is gonna do well.  She just meows a lot (even when eating).  Here are some pictures I took of her this morning.
:D Weee

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 07:12:28 AM »
Good job Laura  :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 12:36:46 PM »
  she actually rolled over and let me rub her belly. 

That's a good sign!  Trust  ;)

:

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »
Cute kitty! will be a nice looking cat.  A good future candidate for cat of the month.... :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »
Cute kitty! will be a nice looking cat.  A good future candidate for cat of the month.... :)
I know.  Snowball has great markings and striking blue eyes.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »
I know.  Snowball has great markings and striking blue eyes.

In about 12-16 weeks Snowball will be even more striking.  Those markings will really come out.  I still cant believe you were able to trap a kitten, that is seriously hard.  I cant even catch my own cat!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »
In about 12-16 weeks Snowball will be even more striking.  Those markings will really come out.  I still cant believe you were able to trap a kitten, that is seriously hard.  I cant even catch my own cat!
She was just sitting there, almost dazed.  I think she had fallen out of the motor just before I got saw her.  The other kitten that was under the car was able to crawl back up under before I could get to it.

I think she is going to be a beautiful cat.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »
Sounds like you guys are going to have a zoo of cute animals.   8)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 01:58:57 PM »
;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
  Is Binky still around?
:

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 11:05:13 PM »
  Is Binky still around?

Not sure what you are referring to?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 04:59:20 AM »
  Is Binky still around?
No, Binky and Pikachu were adopted by one of our clients.  We felt they weren't getting enough attention (being that they are caged 90% of the time) and wanted more for them.  Our client is an avid animal lover who fell in love with them the moment she saw them.  In fact even the chins were very comfortable when she held them and patted them...and they are not animals who like to be held.  She has a huge house and devoted an entire room for them to run free in, plus made an enclosed area outside for them to play in.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 07:01:58 AM »
Good news everyone.  I found someone who is going to take Snowball and give her a loving home.  She works with me so I will still be able to watch Snowball grow up.  She is a cat person who has been searching for a new kitten.  She lost her beloved cat some time ago and has decided it is time to give love to another one.  She is truly excited about meeting Snowball.  :)

Last night Snowball was even more receptive to human contact.  Staying out of the kennel and investigating and playing with everything.  Snowball is already using the litterbox regularly and eating like a fiend.  Last night Snowball started learning how to jump up onto the chair and on the kennel.  Even got brave enough to come right over to me and start head butting me to pat her rolling over onto her back for a belly scratching.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 07:19:52 AM »
That's great news Laura!!!    :D   

Tell her Snowball's name is Fonzie
   ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
That's great news Laura!!!    :D   

Tell her Snowball's name is Fonzie
   ;)
lol, She referred to him/her as Snowball.  I think she likes that name, but I will suggest it. 

I think the color on the nose is the fur and not motor oil as she has been cleaning herself and it hasn't changed.

Here is a picture (sent to my phone from Mike's phone) of Snowball making herself comfy on a chair, in my clothes.  lol

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 08:49:01 AM »
lol, She referred to him/her as Snowball.  I think she likes that name, but I will suggest it. 

I think the color on the nose is the fur and not motor oil as she has been cleaning herself and it hasn't changed.

Here is a picture (sent to my phone from Mike's phone) of Snowball making herself comfy on a chair, in my clothes.  lol

I think before Fonzie leaves you should take a towel or something and let Fonzie get it all dandered up and then save it in a sealed bag.

If Mike gets out of line you can smother him with it so he has an allergy attack!! 

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 08:52:19 AM »

I think before Fonzie leaves you should take a towel or something and let Fonzie get it all dandered up and then save it in a sealed bag.

If Mike gets out of line you can smother him with it so he has an allergy attack!! 

I think he is getting attached.  He sent me another picture.  And I think his allergy is towards the longer haired species.  I had a cat up in Mass that had extremely long hair (Comet) and the second Mike would come over his sinuses would fill up.  He hasn't had any problems hanging out in the same room with Snowball.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
Comet does look much more fluffy. 

Mike could wear a mask!!
   ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 09:30:55 AM »
Comet does look much more fluffy. 

Mike could wear a mask!!
   ;D
Comet was very very fluffy and had extremely long hair on his tail.  But like I said, so far Mike has done fine.  He has been sitting in the computer room with the cat each day and no problems thus far. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 09:32:42 AM »

Mike could wear a mask!!
   ;D

he'd look good in this one

R

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »
I used to have a MAJOR allergy to cats. Bathing the cat helps ALOT and so does taking high doses of vitamin B-5 (the person takes the B-5 not the cat  ;)). I vacuum often and have lint rollers everywhere. I also just got over it.
and keep moving!

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 07:00:52 PM »
I used to have a MAJOR allergy to cats. Bathing the cat helps ALOT and so does taking high doses of vitamin B-5 (the person takes the B-5 not the cat  ;)). I vacuum often and have lint rollers everywhere. I also just got over it.

Same here, I get my cat washed and groomed regularly.  Good for the cat and good for my allergies.  Never heard about taking B-5, may have to try that.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 05:36:13 AM »
Snowball has adjusted to humans wonderfully.  I think Snowball is a he and not a her.  He will be going to his new home tomorrow.  He has become very playful and has stopped meowing all the time.  Snowball's favorite thing is having his belly rubbed.  :)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2007, 09:01:59 AM »
You rub the cats belly....

& have no idea if he's got a package?