Author Topic: Football outsiders ranks the top defensive lines in football  (Read 4429 times)

body88

Re: Football outsiders ranks the top defensive lines in football
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »
Since Body already hit u with the facts I'll just mention my bit. We lost the Colts game dumbass...i never said we didn't, same as we beat the Bolts.  They picked it off and then fumbled it. We goty it back and TB throw a TD and it was game over. Having dominated us all game it was a pretty close score wouldn't u say. Also aren't u in college or something. How much football have u watched. My team stunk for about a million years so now I'm gonna enjoy my time. As far as the Jags, I think they might be as talented as what we have in NE. But the NE line is younger so, I guess u have to go with them. Besides nobody said that the Giants line was any good so don't worry about it.

Stallworth got cleared to go. Moss is back in practice. Moss has beens hands down the best receiver other then Gaffney and Welker in camp. Welker has looked awesome, as well as Gaffney. Washington has looked good at times and Caldwell has stepped it up. Chad jackson is running routes and looks like he could return much sooner then though before. I assume he will be pupped until mid season so he can develop. he claims he is ready to go. Doubt the pats let him loose tho, plenty of choices at wry right now. A lot of weapons to work with this year. Brown will get pupped and return mid season imo. maybe even add some depth at corner if need be. gay has looked very sharp at corner. If he stays healthy I am looking forward to watching him play.

Can you imagine the speed/deep threat Stallworth and Moss will display when they are on the field at the same time? How about is Jackson developes the way he is projected to? Maroney will have a field day or opposing d's will pay in the air. That or welker/ gaffney will be first down machines. Watson and Thomas also pose a big challenge for opposing defenses. That is ob just pure speculation at this point. Cool to think about tho.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »
Biased rankings..yeah do u even watch football.  ::) I think the Jags might have a better line but the PATS are my team so good for them. Have fun with Manning and his 8 million INT's. I think the Manning experiment will be over this fall. As for the SD game. Giimme a break, we won dude. Just like the AFC championship game. Two key drops and a few bad calls and we lost. Not to mention the 21-3 lead we blew. The Pats lost, easy to admit, and I hate the Dolts. It will be a fun season with you.

GO PATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSS

Yup, you didn't say that or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You implied that they won the AFC title game and I checked just now to make sure and apparently you didn't. Don't worry, though. I'm sure in 2 or 3 years when the Pats finish becoming another run of the mill team you can find the next big thing to like! The Bruins should be back to glory by then, hahahahahaha not.

Body88, I don't follow the Pats nor did I bother to read any of that 5,000 word post. I only know whatever is said on ESPN or the statements I decide to twist from my friend's at school who never shut up about them.

Tell me this, what happens if Moss doesn't do anything because he's over the hill and on the way out? Those other recievers are good, but they won't win you a Super Bowl. Not with the types of defense littering the top of the AFC. That'll be grand, though. Just because he's good in camp doesn't me squadoosh.

Not that it matters, the best football will always be played in college.

body88

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 01:11:06 PM »
If Moss was to go down there are plenty of options left for NE at wr. This is by far the most talented wr corps NE has ever had. Last year the pats no names had numbers that dwarfed the likes of Harrison and Wayne in the playoffs. The pats had the better recievers numbers wise last year in the playoffs, they didnt win the sb. Harrison is notorious for doing nothing in the playoffs. Dallas clark had the big receiving numbers last year in the playoffs for the colts. Thomas and Watson are every bit as much of a wr threat as Clark is. The pats have won sb's with a sub par rb in Smith and according to the media "second rate" wr's. The pats have a ton of depth at wr this year. Moss, Stallworth, Jackson, Welker, Gaffney, Caldwell, Brown and Washington. Even with the loss of Moss they would have a very good wr core. They also have Tom Brady throwing them the rock. To have cast off or number three type wr's putting up the numbers they did in the playoffs with no previous experience in the ne system is the mark of a qb who can pull the best out of his receivers. Brady has taken 3 different sets of "sub par" receivers and gotten the absolute best out of them over his career. What other succesful NFl team had to work with wavor wire wr's who missed camp and big parts of the season last year? Players other teams did not want. Brady had them performing huge by playoff time. They went all the way to the afc championship game with guys no one ever heard of. Gaffney did not even start playing for the pats until week three. Wrs work on timing. Not much time to work on that if they get no practice together. They learned one another in live games. By years end Gaffney had two 100 plus yard games in the playoffs. Caldwell had big numbers also. Yea he muffed that pass, but for the most part he was a beast. Gaffney did nothing on his previous teams. Brady has some real weapons and amat least camp to to get some timing this year.

If you are basing sb wins on wrs you better not put money on the Chargers. They lost there best wr for the year. Before the loss the wr core was sub par at best. They have no one right now. The chargers wr core and secondary is there weakness.

As for the comment about camp, what do you want me to ignore how well Moss is doing? I never said it meant he would lead the league in reception yards. The receivers have been very good, just an observation. I never said that would translate into big time years for them in the NFL. I am calling it like I see it. Moss has looked damn good with Brady. As well as Gaffney and Welker. The rest of the crew has been solid. I am not going to gaurentee the pats win the sb. A million things can happen. Out of the top teams they have the most complete team imo. Weapons, youth , vets , coaching and a great defense. The chargers have a ton of talent, but they also have no wr's and a brand new coaching staff. NE and SD are the two best teams IMO.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »
I'll let Body be the diplomate..he's very good at it...No dumbass i didn't imply anything, i might have missed a comma. I met that while we should have won the AFC Championship game..we didn't,  so no amount of whining on my part will bring a victory. Just like SD, they went home we went to Indy.  Ok answer me this football guy. Saying that we'll have Moss and Stallworth on the wings with Welker in the slot, who do u double cover. Oh yeah, then u have to worry about big Ben Watson, off the line. Or wait, don't forget about Body's guy Mauroney. Pick your poison. They went to the AFC champioship game with average receivers. Gaffeney will make the team. The Dolts took a step back, it happens. SD will be tough. Denver will be tough as well. Either way we'll be very explosive.

I'm giddy....have fun with Archie's other son...... ::)
L

body88

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »
hh6 check out this roster. This is the most talent the pats have had since the Belli era began. I want to say Gaffney will replace Caldwell on the wr roster. While Caldwell is solid Gaff has been outstanding. Although bug eyes has a better pedigree then Gaff so it could go either way.This is assuming Brown and Jackson are pupped and will return later in the season to make room. The defensive line is plain old nasty. Jarvis could start on most clubs in the leauge and he is a backup on this line. I have high hopes for Kareem. The bonehead got suspended at the start of camp for missing a meeting, but I think he will develope into a fine player one day.

Getting To 53: New England Patriots Roster Prediction
By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

QB (3): Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, Vinny Testaverde

RB (5): Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans (FB), Garrett Mills (FB/TE)

WR (6): Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson                                                                                Gaffney

TE (3): Ben Watson, Kyle Brady, David Thomas

OL: Matt Light (LT), Logan Mankins (LG), Dan Koppen (C), Stephen Neal (RG), Nick Kaczur (RT), Russ Hochstein (C/G), Ryan O'Callaghan (T), Wes Britt (T)

DL (7): Ty Warren (DE), Richard Seymour (DE), Jarvis Green (DE), Vince Wilfork (NT), Mike Wright (NT), Kareem Brown (DL), Kenny Smith (DL)

LB (9): Adalius Thomas (OLB), Roosevelt Colvin (OLB), Tedy Bruschi (ILB), Mike Vrabel (ILB), Junior Seau (ILB), Eric Alexander (LB), Larry Izzo (LB), Chad Brown (LB), Pierre Woods (LB)

DB (9): Asante Samuel (CB), Ellis Hobbs (CB), Eugene Wilson (FS), Rodney Harrison (SS), Brandon Meriweather (S), Artrell Hawkins (S), James Sanders (S), Randall Gay (CB), Tory James (CB)

SP (3): Stephen Gostkowski (K), Josh Miller (P), Lonie Paxton (LS)

Caldwell
Outside Looking In: WR Kelley Washington, WR Jabar Gaffney, T Clint Oldenburg, G Gene Mruczkowski, LB Justin Rogers, LB Corey Mays, S Willie Andrews

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »
I'll let Body be the diplomate..he's very good at it...No dumbass i didn't imply anything, i might have missed a comma. I met that while we should have won the AFC Championship game..we didn't,  so no amount of whining on my part will bring a victory. Just like SD, they went home we went to Indy.  Ok answer me this football guy. Saying that we'll have Moss and Stallworth on the wings with Welker in the slot, who do u double cover. Oh yeah, then u have to worry about big Ben Watson, off the line. Or wait, don't forget about Body's guy Mauroney. Pick your poison. They went to the AFC champioship game with average receivers. Gaffeney will make the team. The Dolts took a step back, it happens. SD will be tough. Denver will be tough as well. Either way we'll be very explosive.

I'm giddy....have fun with Archie's other son...... ::)

Why should you have won the AFC title game? Hate to break it to you, but the Pats were completely outplayed for almost 3/4 of that game. Most fanboys get "giddy," though. You seem to be forgetting the Ravens, who are more than capable of outplaying the Pats and who I suspect will be incredibly dangerous this season, especially with the revamped RB corps. The Pats are good, but to say they're leaps and bounds ahead of any of the other top 5 AFC teams is laughable. Not to mention the Bengals are probably going to play much better as well this year. Same with the Jets. Thomas Jones will shred that defense. The guy's a beast. Can't wait to see the Pats stumble into playoffs!  :D

Can't wait to see Moss barely live up to expectations. That guy's best days are well behind him. Just like TO.

body88

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Why should you have won the AFC title game? Hate to break it to you, but the Pats were completely outplayed for almost 3/4 of that game. Most fanboys get "giddy," though. You seem to be forgetting the Ravens, who are more than capable of outplaying the Pats and who I suspect will be incredibly dangerous this season, especially with the revamped RB corps. The Pats are good, but to say they're leaps and bounds ahead of any of the other top 5 AFC teams is laughable. Not to mention the Bengals are probably going to play much better as well this year. Same with the Jets. Thomas Jones will shred that defense. The guy's a beast. Can't wait to see the Pats stumble into playoffs!  :D

Can't wait to see Moss barely live up to expectations. That guy's best days are well behind him. Just like TO.

You are trying to stir the pot. The jets have no offensive line. Jones wont be as good as he was in Chicago. Revis is holding out and half the jets secondary is already injured. Vilma was not that good last year. He is suspect in the 3-4. Chad has had what one healthy season in his career. When he is hurt the jets do nothing. He is always hurt. They also had a very easy schedule last year. They played what a few teams with a winning record last year  ::) D brick is pretty much a bust, and teams will figure out how to expose the jets masking blitz packages. Most of this post is inflamatory. The pats defense is vastly better then the colts. The offense will be comparable. Do you think Marvin Harrison sucks? He is older then Moss. The pats have more depth to there roster on both sides of the ball then the colts. Who backs up Harrison, Wayne and Gonzales? Exactly. The Chargers have the most raw talent. They also have no wide recievers, a second year qb, and a whole new coaching staff. If Lt goes down they are f ed. I feel the pats have the most complete roster of the top teams. maybe not the biggest stars, but def the most depth. The pats suffered way more injuries then any of the teams they played in the playoffs last year.

The colts are suffering massive losses on the fifth worst defense in History.  They also lost a perenial pro bowler who has been protecting Mannings ass since day one.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »
If LT goes down, Charges are f'ed. If Brady goes down, the Pats are f'ed. What's your point? Or do I need to remind you that LT is probably the most durable player in the NFL? Why do you keep focusing on the Colts? Last I checked, there are 4-5 teams capable of beating the Pats on any given Sunday. Not just the Colts. Vilma had an off year, he'll be back. The Jets, despite all those problems last year, still played the Pats close as hell, even besting them once. Going to be a good year. All hail the future AFC champions, and it's not the Pats!

By the way, comparing Marvin Harrisson to Moss is a terrible argument. I thought you had more intelligence than that. Comparing a receiver that consistently puts up 1000+ yard seasons every year to a guy that's done nothing in the last 3 while visibly slowing down is just sad.

Anyways, I wish one of you clowns would argue college football like this. I'm really tired of talking about the 4th best team in the AFC.

body88

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »
If LT goes down, Charges are f'ed. If Brady goes down, the Pats are f'ed. What's your point? Or do I need to remind you that LT is probably the most durable player in the NFL? Why do you keep focusing on the Colts? Last I checked, there are 4-5 teams capable of beating the Pats on any given Sunday. Not just the Colts. Vilma had an off year, he'll be back. The Jets, despite all those problems last year, still played the Pats close as hell, even besting them once. Going to be a good year. All hail the future AFC champions, and it's not the Pats!

By the way, comparing Marvin Harrisson to Moss is a terrible argument. I thought you had more intelligence than that. Comparing a receiver that consistently puts up 1000+ yard seasons every year to a guy that's done nothing in the last 3 while visibly slowing down is just sad.

Anyways, I wish one of you clowns would argue college football like this. I'm really tired of talking about the 4th best team in the AFC.

Not if Cassel can hold down the ship while he heals. The chargers have no wr's. Opposing teams will stack the box and Make Rivers beat them. New staff, new system. It will cause issues.

I compared Moss to Harrison for his age. Harrison is old as hell and he can still play. The pats dont need Moss to set big records or impress stat guys. They need him to be effective and a big target in the red zone. So far looks pretty damn good. ran a 4.3 forty for a few gb scouts a few months ago. Pretty good for an old guy ;D

I know what you are doing. You are trying to stir the pot. Does not bother me one bit , lol. We will see.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
New system for the chargers? Wasn't Turner the guy who installed the current Chargers offense anyway? By the way, they had no receivers last year and had no problem going 14-2. Why would it be any different this year? It's their AFC championship to lose.

I'm not trying to stir it. I'm over that. I have no desire to get in a 12 page argument with you anymore over the Pats. I'd rather talk about college football or something worthwhile. It's the same old thing, Pats will win the division, lose in the playoffs to one of the teams that are better than them (probably Ravens) and life will be grand. I'll have to check back in January!  ;D

body88

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »
New system for the chargers? Wasn't Turner the guy who installed the current Chargers offense anyway? By the way, they had no receivers last year and had no problem going 14-2. Why would it be any different this year? It's their AFC championship to lose.

I'm not trying to stir it. I'm over that. I have no desire to get in a 12 page argument with you anymore over the Pats. I'd rather talk about college football or something worthwhile. It's the same old thing, Pats will win the division, lose in the playoffs to one of the teams that are better than them (probably Ravens) and life will be grand. I'll have to check back in January!  ;D

New system as in new coaching. Different coaches run things differently. The head coach was not the only coaching loss. There were several. Ask Charlie or Romeo if it is easy to go from coordinator to head coach. Winning games is about more then a bunch of talented players. They had several receivers last year. This time they lost the best of an established group that already sucked. That is a problem.  Making a second year qb who has yet to prove himself without a shitload of talent around him could be an issue. I will be looking towards the san d game. The charger's garbage secondary could have some trouble with what the pats can bring offensively. The pats are not afraid of Merimen and co, Light made him his bitch last year.The chargers have Lt and the pats have three backs who can bring it to. Maroney rushed for about 800 yards in 13 games while splitting duty with Dillon last year in his rookie season. He also led the league in kick return yardage until he was hurt. The zone blocking and new ability to stretch the field is going to let the boy run wild. When he gets into the secondary say goodnight. The chargers are a very , very talented and have the ability to beat the pats. They are not "much better" then the pats at all. If so tell me why. Pats have better receivers. Better defensive line, better qb, better secondary, an offensive line that rendered Merimen useless,  more discaplined special teams, and a far better coaching. Granted LT is one of a kind by the pats three headed monster is pretty effective also. If Maroney developers into what he is projected to be he could be a 1300- 1400 yard back.

Tell me why the ravens are better then the pats. Explain to me how the pats overcame many more injuries then the teams they faced last year? I am not saying all these top AFC teams do not have the ability to beat the pats, they do. Any given sunday. To call the pats the fourth best AFC team is laughable.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
The Ravens will have a better defense and possibly better special teams than the Pats. Overall? Shit.....I hate to say it but I'd trade my coach for Belichik anyday of the week. Brian Billick has made some very curious decisions during his coaching regime pertaining to quarterbacks and game management. Offensively, at least on paper, I think the Pats are better at the offensive line and quarterback positions.(which by the way, are the most important units on the offense, in my mind).

The Ravens O-line will be average at best because of the lack of depth behind the starters. Running backs? I love Maroney's ability but he has to learn to avoid imjuries by revamping his running style. We'll see if he can hold up for a full season. The jury is out on Mcgahee. He's tough son of bitch but he's had attitude issues. From what I read and seen so far, he's happier than a pig in shit to be in B-more with fellow hurricanes Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. But I give the edge to the Pats on offense because of Tom Brady and the O-line.

The Pats have assembled some serious talent at wide receiver via free agency and trades. Moss, Stallworth and Welker should really spread opposing defenses with the vertical passing game. The Ravens, on the other hand, have quietly turned a once weak unit on offense into a strength in a short period of time. Mason is still a valuable possession receiver who can get still get clutch third down conversions when you need them. Todd Heap will again establish himself among the league's best TE's. Mark Clayton will have a huge year statistically for the Ravens with his emergence as the team's number one receiver. His upside is tremendous with his great hands and route running. Demetrius Williams will also have a breakout year this year as the third wideout in one back offensive sets because of his elusiveness and deep speed.

Defenseively? No way the Pats have a better year statistically than the Ravens. The Pats front seven I think, are better talent-wise than the Ravens, especially at D-line. But the Pat's secondary no way compares to the Ravens. No way no how, especially without Asante Samuel. I feel the Pats secondary last year was shielded from a lot of weaknesses because of the strength of their D-line.

No Asante, an aging, injury prone Harrison, and a rookie who will be exposed by more experienced wide outs and quarterbacks.

Sorry Body, but offense is where your bread is buttered this year, not the defense. You may disagree but you won't find many people, including in the New England area, who think the Pats will be better than the Ravens on defense.

Should be an interesting year, nonetheless. We'll see how it plays out.

body88

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 04:42:52 AM »
The Ravens will have a better defense and possibly better special teams than the Pats. Overall? Shit.....I hate to say it but I'd trade my coach for Belichik anyday of the week. Brian Billick has made some very curious decisions during his coaching regime pertaining to quarterbacks and game management. Offensively, at least on paper, I think the Pats are better at the offensive line and quarterback positions.(which by the way, are the most important units on the offense, in my mind).

The Ravens O-line will be average at best because of the lack of depth behind the starters. Running backs? I love Maroney's ability but he has to learn to avoid imjuries by revamping his running style. We'll see if he can hold up for a full season. The jury is out on Mcgahee. He's tough son of bitch but he's had attitude issues. From what I read and seen so far, he's happier than a pig in shit to be in B-more with fellow hurricanes Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. But I give the edge to the Pats on offense because of Tom Brady and the O-line.

The Pats have assembled some serious talent at wide receiver via free agency and trades. Moss, Stallworth and Welker should really spread opposing defenses with the vertical passing game. The Ravens, on the other hand, have quietly turned a once weak unit on offense into a strength in a short period of time. Mason is still a valuable possession receiver who can get still get clutch third down conversions when you need them. Todd Heap will again establish himself among the league's best TE's. Mark Clayton will have a huge year statistically for the Ravens with his emergence as the team's number one receiver. His upside is tremendous with his great hands and route running. Demetrius Williams will also have a breakout year this year as the third wideout in one back offensive sets because of his elusiveness and deep speed.

Defenseively? No way the Pats have a better year statistically than the Ravens. The Pats front seven I think, are better talent-wise than the Ravens, especially at D-line. But the Pat's secondary no way compares to the Ravens. No way no how, especially without Asante Samuel. I feel the Pats secondary last year was shielded from a lot of weaknesses because of the strength of their D-line.

No Asante, an aging, injury prone Harrison, and a rookie who will be exposed by more experienced wide outs and quarterbacks.

Sorry Body, but offense is where your bread is buttered this year, not the defense. You may disagree but you won't find many people, including in the New England area, who think the Pats will be better than the Ravens on defense.

Should be an interesting year, nonetheless. We'll see how it plays out.

Guts I do not think the pats will have the better d. The ravens d will most likely be tops in the league. I see the pats d coming in around the 4 or 5 spot (total). With the offense in the top three. Imo the pats have a more balanced team then the ravens. There is a lot of depth on the pats. take for example Jarvis Greene. A backup on the defensive line that could start on any club in the NFL. Imo the pats are a better football team when both clubs are at 100 percent of course. Which is not to say the ravens are not a top team, they are. Imo i think the pats are a bit more complete. When I said tell me why the ravens are better, I meant as a team. B fury called the pats the 4th best team in the AFC. Which is a crock IMO.

Why no Asante g? His agent has hinted he will hold out for the preseason to try ad force a deal. He would be nuts to actually sit till week ten. I think he would be crazy to lose 8 million. Not to mention he leaves himself open to be tagged again if he does not work something out. The pats allowed the fewest passing tds in the league last year with no secondary. A testament to the defensive line really. The pats have more players then you listed in the secondary. Hobbs, Gay, Sanders, Wilson, James, Meriweather, and even Troy Brown in a pinch. The secondary was decimated last year. The fact the guys back there will be healthy will be an improvement. If the secondary stays healthy they will be a pretty good unit. Asante being the "star" player. Meriweather has been lining up at corner and playing safety also. Sanders is Rodney's back up this year (as well as Meriweather) Sanders is a pretty nice young player. Has been developing for a few years now. 5'11 210.

The ravens have the better defense. No doubt about it. I said the Ravens are not a better team as a whole IMO. Pats are more balanced and have more depth. Not to say that injuries cant change that. Any given sunday any team can win a ball game.The ravens are a great football team.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 08:18:35 AM »
Is Asante in camp or no? Is he curently working with the first team defense? Honestly, I have no idea and you would know better than I would, Body.

If he's not, then the secondary will take a hit this season. He needs to sign the 1 year tender with an agreement in place that the pats won't tag him again next offseason. He may be working out and staying in shape but he's not practicing with the team. It will hurt his ability to contribute on a high level this season by missing all that time.

Body, I can't wait until we play. I give my team a solid shot to win because it's a home game. We'll see!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »

I think the Ravens are very good and Guts gave a good break down. I've been worried about the secondary for a few years but we always seem to get by. Merriweather should do well in that system. Fanboy..um yeah their my team. This is the first year that I can say that the pats will havea truly explosive offensive on all levels. What 5 teams...Dolts/Bolts/Ravens/Pats...everybody else is playing for a wild card spot. Nobody is "shredding" our run d. Especially the JETS.
L

body88

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 09:38:48 AM »
Is Asante in camp or no? Is he curently working with the first team defense? Honestly, I have no idea and you would know better than I would, Body.

If he's not, then the secondary will take a hit this season. He needs to sign the 1 year tender with an agreement in place that the pats won't tag him again next offseason. He may be working out and staying in shape but he's not practicing with the team. It will hurt his ability to contribute on a high level this season by missing all that time.

Body, I can't wait until we play. I give my team a solid shot to win because it's a home game. We'll see!

Last I heard Asante was working out with his trainers in Florida. While that will effect him a bit, he should be fine having played in the system for four years.

Without Samuel the secondary will take a hit for sure. I just don't see him actually sitting for a whole year .Most of the secondary was out last year. They are a solid unit. With Samuel they are a very good unit. Of course the ravens have a solid shot to win. They are a great football team. I am not going to guarantee anything out of the pats. I like the team and think it is a very good one. We shall see how the season plays out. I say they will go 12 - 4 and win it all. Nothing is a given. That is a prediction. Ob a million things can change my predictions outcome. With the depth NE has I think they can go all the way. The injury gods have been hard on the pats over the last 3 seasons. lets hope they are kind this season.

As for the jets, I think they will take a step back. No offense to jets fans but I think the jets where a product of a ridiculously easy schedule and a extremely healthy team. They had no injury issues last year. They have big question marks on there lines. Especially the offensive one. With Kendall pissed off that is just another added problem.

Mangini ran a lot of masking blitz packages last year. Those wont shock teams anymore. Jets made a nice grab in Jones, but if the line sucks he will be in trouble. Jones never had problems with his line in Chi town.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »
San........dee........eh.........go............super chargers

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
Chargers...Ok I want an honest opinion from a fan. Changing the coaching staff almost entirely doesn't worry u? I would be very worried about the Bolts this season if that was not the case. One odd play and u guys would have gotten to Indy. I think both teams had  beaten the snot out of each other way to much to have had one of them come out on top in the Indy game but who knows. The Pats decided to stop running the ball at all in the second half. Maybe Marty would have run LT more.
L