Author Topic: THE 2007 NPC USAs - July 27 and 28  (Read 10502 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
THE 2007 NPC USAs - July 27 and 28
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »
The 2007 NPC USA's are this weekend in Las Vegas. 
This is going to be a HUGE competition for FBB...perhaps the most exciting and most anticipated NPC competition other than Nationals in November.

There is an ALL STAR lineup for this show, particularly in the LHW and HW classes.
Overall winner gets a Pro Card. 

Here is an Un-Official competitor list as of today...some of the competitors may move weight classes and I am sure there are more who will be at the show and are not on this list!

Lightweights
Melissa Alvarado
Tracy Witherspoon
Melinda Williamson
Diana Feather
Tricia Travis
Natalie Barnett
Sharon Garrett

DAMN I wish I was competing!!!   >:(

Middleweights
Sally Taylor
Heidi Bagwell
Connie Everton
Galina Serdtsev
Beth Wachter
Kelly Dobbins
Jennifer Benda
Holly Robey
Roxanne Edwards
Akila Pervis
Jennifer Sedia

Light-Heavyweights
Shar Courtney
Karen Choat
Diana Tinnelle
Diana Cook
Rose Kasallis
Angela Salvagno
Cindy Johnson
Casey Daugherty
Gina Spengler
Holly Geerson 
Theresa Hendricks
Christine Sabo
Kimberly Ferrell
Rebecca Greaig
Star Blaylock

Heavyweights
Isabelle Turell
Candy Canary
Kimm Winn
Joella Bernard
Sheila Bleck
Gabrielle Nicander
Julia Stamper
Bettina Kadet
Michele Neil
Beverly DiRenzo
Robyn Mentgen
Dianne Solomons
Gerri Deach
Tina Zampa
Guilia Divina
Bonnie Pappas
Tamela"Tammy" Jackson
Jody May
Christina Rhodes

This is going to be a KILLER show.   

I will make my predictions before the weekend, once I have had a chance to snoop around for pics, etc.  but right now, I am favoring Angie Salvagno or Christine Sabo to win the LHW class, and Isabelle Turrell to win the whole damn thing.   8)
:)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: THE 2007 NPC USAs - July 27 and 28
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »
I wish you were competing too!!!  Can't wait to see the show and I will try to post pictures and keep you all updated behind the scenes.

As far as predictions before seeing anyone, I would have to agree about Isabelle, the girl is huge!

Middleweights, I think Kelly Dobbins and Galina will both look fantastic.  I would add Rose K. to a watch for list at Light-Heavies. 

Also I can't wait to see Diana Tinnelle!  She had such a pleasing physique last year and I know she has had to have made improvements in her off-season.  With no figure to worry about she will probably step on stage looking huge.

I will be cheering for all my friends-I know how hard you all have worked and I can't wait to see you in person...a special good luck to Gabe, Bettina, Kelly, Angie S., Robyn, Rose, Christina R. and especially Sharon!!

Ugh, looking at that heavyweight class makes me happy that I am little!!  So many BIG names, Candy Canary, Sheila Bleck, Jody May...and those women I mentioned earlier...jeez.

Good luck ladies, I will be there cheering you on!!!
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:06:57 AM »
On my way to the airport in an hour.  I will keep you all posted with pics from weigh-ins :) 
Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Have fun Jenn!!  Be sure to make that extra trip to the buffet for me OK?
And don't forget to hit Makino for the all-you-can-eat sushi buffet...there are two locations in Vegas, I think.    ;D

Weigh-ins are tonight.  I will go ahead and make my preliminary predictions without having seen any of the weigh in pics yet.

Lightweights
I won't make any predictions about my fellow LW competitors, as I have no clue how this one will play out.  Melinda W. is favored, I believe, as she placed second at this show last year.  Melissa A. will be a newcomer to watch out for...she's cute too. 
Of course I am pulling for Sharon....I KNOW she will come in with crazy conditioning, but I'm afraid she may be lacking in the mass department against some of these other girls.  I'd love to see her get a Top 3 or at least Top 5 placing.

Middleweights
Top 3 picks are Heidi Bagwell, Jennifer Sedia, and Galina.  Galina was a LW last year, I believe, and had awesome conditioning.  Conditioning will play a big role in the outcome of this class.  I haven't seen many of these competitors recently.  Jennifer Benda also should look good. 
Sally Taylor may be a dark horse, but I thought that she was going to end up LHW.

LHW
Top Picks - Angie Salvagno, Christine Sabo, Holly Geerson, Diana Cook, Rose K, and Theresa Hendricks.  Too many good ones to pick from!! 
Dark horses include Casey Daugherty who blew everyone away last year at Nats when she came out of nowhere and placed fifth, and also Diana Tinelle who has switched from figure to BB in the last year.  Star Blaylock is a fan favorite and could do well if she's got the conditioning.

I guess I'll go with Angie versus Christine for the top 2 spots, but it could be anyone in this class.

HW
Go Isabelle!!!!!
Top picks are Isabelle, Sheila Bleck (LOVE HER), Michelle Neil (Masters Nats HW Champ) and Jody May if she's got the conditioning.
Dark horses include Julia Stamper who DOES have the conditioning, no doubt, Candy Canary, and Bettina, who was looking good in May and should be looking great for this show.

I think that the new IFBB Pro after this show will be Isabelle.   8)

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:32:08 PM »
I just wish them all the best of luck.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 12:59:47 AM »
A few from tonight, sorry I don't have anything better but we got there a little late.  Missed many of the bodybuilders but caught Bettina who looked great!  I also saw Christina Rhodes who unfortunately pulled out of the show but will be competing at Nationals coming in with better conditioning then last week.  She should be in a top place come November.

I had the opportunity to meet bodybuilder Shar Courtney who looked beautiful-very natural and only her second National Level show.  Next year we will hopefully see her at Team Universe.  I also caught a few figure girls...Angel looker tighter then I have ever seen her.  There were a ton of figure girls there, surprise surprise...I am just trying to plant the bodybuiling seed in their heads for next year :)

OK, it is really really late though and my computer isn't cooperating with my camera so I will post some pics tomorrow...didn't get too many anyway :)
Jennifer

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:57:07 AM »
And don't forget to hit Makino for the all-you-can-eat sushi buffet...there are two locations in Vegas, I think.    ;D

Weigh-ins are tonight.  I will go ahead and make my preliminary predictions without having seen any of the weigh in pics yet.

Lightweights
I won't make any predictions about my fellow LW competitors, as I have no clue how this one will play out.  Melinda W. is favored, I believe, as she placed second at this show last year.  Melissa A. will be a newcomer to watch out for...she's cute too. 
Of course I am pulling for Sharon....I KNOW she will come in with crazy conditioning, but I'm afraid she may be lacking in the mass department against some of these other girls.  I'd love to see her get a Top 3 or at least Top 5 placing.

Middleweights
Top 3 picks are Heidi Bagwell, Jennifer Sedia, and Galina.  Galina was a LW last year, I believe, and had awesome conditioning.  Conditioning will play a big role in the outcome of this class.  I haven't seen many of these competitors recently.  Jennifer Benda also should look good. 
Sally Taylor may be a dark horse, but I thought that she was going to end up LHW.

LHW
Top Picks - Angie Salvagno, Christine Sabo, Holly Geerson, Diana Cook, Rose K, and Theresa Hendricks.  Too many good ones to pick from!! 
Dark horses include Casey Daugherty who blew everyone away last year at Nats when she came out of nowhere and placed fifth, and also Diana Tinelle who has switched from figure to BB in the last year.  Star Blaylock is a fan favorite and could do well if she's got the conditioning.

I guess I'll go with Angie versus Christine for the top 2 spots, but it could be anyone in this class.

HW
Go Isabelle!!!!!
Top picks are Isabelle, Sheila Bleck (LOVE HER), Michelle Neil (Masters Nats HW Champ) and Jody May if she's got the conditioning.
Dark horses include Julia Stamper who DOES have the conditioning, no doubt, Candy Canary, and Bettina, who was looking good in May and should be looking great for this show.

I saw some of the weigh-in pics, and I gotta move Sally up in the MWs.  She looks awesome, and I hope for a Top 3 finish for her. 

I also saw Julia Stamper's weigh-in pics and she has unreal conditioning and looks really good.  She should be in the running for Top 3 or Top 5 at least.

Prejudging isn't till tomorrow.

Good luck ladies!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »

Lightweights

Middleweights

LHW

HW
Go Isabelle!!!!!

K I have seen some more pics from weigh-ins, and I think that Kelly Dobbins will take the MWs.  And Beth Watcher will be a LW and stands a good chance!

Still no sign of Isabelle! 

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:09 PM »
According to Genex Isabelle isn't competing.  :-[

http://www.ftppv.com/ftvideo/showthread.php?p=43565#post43565

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
Ugh that is the first we heard about Isabelle...hope all is ok with her. 

Here are the pics I promised :)
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »
a few more of non-competitors.  Unfortunately Christina Rhodes pulled out and is planning on just focusing on Nationals.  Congrats again Debbie for finally being rewarded for that much deserved Pro Card last weekend!!!
Jennifer

jrgong

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 07:40:20 AM »
a few more of non-competitors.  Unfortunately Christina Rhodes pulled out and is planning on just focusing on Nationals.  Congrats again Debbie for finally being rewarded for that much deserved Pro Card last weekend!!!

What up, Jenny!  Rip and I are having some major "Vegas-envy" right about now. LOL.  Great pics, but I almost didn't recognize Gene w/out a Powerhouse shirt on, but then I saw the Heiniken and thought, " Oh, okay, that IS Gene".  Ha Ha  Have fun out there and keep us posted.  Call us if you need the inside scoop on the club scene in Vegas  8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
Great pics Jenny!

Yeah, Isabelle is out  :(, so it looks like it's gonna be between Sheila Bleck and Michelle Neil.  I'm pulling for Sheila who is one of the most beautiful posers I have ever seen.   8)

I'll dig up some pics later.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 05:02:07 AM »
A few surprises!!  Congrats to Overall Winner and New Pro...Jennifer Sedia.  She won the MW class!!   :o

Overall Winner
1. Jennifer Sedia
Earned Pro Card
1. Jennifer Sedia

Heavyweight
1. Michele Neil
2. Sheila Bleck
3. Julia Stamper
4. Candy Canary
5. Diane Solomons
6. Bettina Kadet
7. Joella Bernard
8. Kim Winn
9. Geri Deach
10. Gabriella Nicander
11. Bonnie Pappas
Christina Rhodes
12. Rose Kasallis
13. Cindy Johnson
14. Giulia Divina
16. Tammy Jackson
16. Brenda King
16. Yamlie Marero
16. Jody May
Robyn Mentgen

Light Heavyweight
1. Angela Salvano
3. Star Blaylock
3. Karen Choat
4. Beverly DiRenzo
5. Holly Geersen
6. Christine Sabo
7. Kimberely Ferrell
8. Gina Spengler
9. Diana Cook
10. Tina Zampa
11. Casey Daugherty
12. Theresa Hendricks
13. Shar Courtney
13. Courtney Shar
14. Roxanne Edwards
15. Akila Pervis
16. Diana Feather
16. Jennifer Benda
16. Julie Williams

Middleweight
1. Jennifer Sedia
2. Diana Tinnelle
3. Kelly Dobbins
4. Sally Taylor
5. Holly Robey
6. Hedi Bagwell
7. Rebecca Greaig

Lightweight
1. Galina Serdtsev
2. Beth Wachter
3. Tracy Witherspoon
4. Melinda Williamson
5. Tricia Travis
6. Sharon Garrett
7. Melissa Alvarado
9. Natalie Barnett

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 05:38:32 AM »
Here's your Overall Winner and New IFBB Pro, Jennifer Sedia (MW).

FBBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 06:26:15 AM »
Congrats to all competitors !

:o she is ripped ...

<< love it ;)
regards, FBBFan