Author Topic: Titus Update  (Read 3684 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Titus Update
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted before but it may be worth looking at once again ..... http://www.titusandryan.com/category/news/

Latest report is that "The TItus Trial Setting Will Be Held on July 26, 2007" (Thursday).

What is a "Trial Setting"? I'll try to look it up and answer my own question in a later post unless someone with legaql experience can provide the answer.

Interesting to note that this is so close to the USA Championships when a lot of Craig's friends/enemies will be in town. I assume some of you personas will be present when this trial "setting" commences!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Titus Update
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »
Just did a swift and half-assed search on "Trial Setting" and here is what I got ......... This is general info only and may not even relate to the State of Nevada legal proceedings and definitely not to this specific case.

It appears to me that a Trial Setting is a preliminary day in court with all parties involved in an effort to get ready to go to court within the next 90 days.

Here's how it read ...

Your Trial Setting Conference - You will get a trial date when you have a hearing called a “Trial Setting Conference”. The judge wants everyone who will be trying the case to be at the hearing. This means your lawyer, if you have one. If you don’t, you have to go.

The judge sets a trial date for sometime in the next 90 days. Bring your calendar so you can tell the judge when you are available. After you get trial date, get ready to go to trial on that date.

In general trial dates aren’t changed unless you have an extreme emergency. It’s not an emergency if you’re not prepared or it’s not convenient. Be ready to go to trial on your trial date.

I assume that this case must be decided by a Jury but would it be possible to waive a jury trial and leave the guilty or not guilty decision up to the Judge?

hifrommike

• Getbig III
Re: Titus Update
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »
http://research.lawyers.com/Nevada/Criminal-Process-in-Nevada.html

According to this webpage, you do have the right to waive a jury trial.  I assume all three defendants will have to do so in order for that to be the case.  They might be better off with a jury, since convincing 12 laypeople may be harder than convincing one judge.