Author Topic: 2007 NPC USA Figure lists & weekend updates  (Read 13678 times)

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Re: 2007 NPC USA Figure lists & weekend updates
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 04:23:18 PM »
Nice.. Very Nice....
I have questions.
When stars FIGURE USA will arrive on the World Amateur Championship IFBB?
Fear to lose?
A dope control?

Hi Alex :) Usually the girls that go to the IFBB Worlds Amateur are the ones who win at the Figure Nationals/Team Universe that took place in NYC 7/13/07, since that's our national event thats drug tested.
I know Jodi Miller who won the lightweight bodybuilding will be there.
In 2004 past Mary Lado represented USA in Figure Worlds. Not sure if any of this year's figure winners from New York will be there.
O

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 12:19:15 AM »
Hi Alex :) Usually the girls that go to the IFBB Worlds Amateur are the ones who win at the Figure Nationals/Team Universe that took place in NYC 7/13/07, since that's our national event thats drug tested.
I know Jodi Miller who won the lightweight bodybuilding will be there.
In 2004 past Mary Lado represented USA in Figure Worlds. Not sure if any of this year's figure winners from New York will be there.

USA Championship has a rank above World championship?
He-He.... ::)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »
Alex,

I don't think it holds rank above the Worlds.  It's just that the World Championships does drug test its athletes, and the Team Universe is the only national level NPC show that requires a drug test of the first and second place finishers in the bodybuilding divisions.

I am unsure of what the drug testing requirements are/were for figure.  Figure is actually termed as Figure Nationals and is held in conjunction with Team Universe, so the rules might be slightly different.  All I know is that the top two from each weight class for bodybuilding were pulled aside and asked to pee in a cup.

I had originally thought that the Team Universe was supposed to polygraph test every single athlete.  Unfortunately, I did not see this occur, and it is disappointing to me that the organization did not adhere to its original drug testing standards.  While a polygraph isn't the strongest method of determining whether someone has taken a steroid, growth hormone, or diuretic in the last 12 months, it is better than nothing.

I am curious as well as to which athletes will be joining me in heading to Spain for the World Championships.  Tracy Beckham was the overall winner, and Melissa Dettwiller is the middleweight.  I am unsure if either of these women have chosen to train for Worlds.  As for figure competitors, I would love to know which of the winners will be taking advantage of this rare opportunity.  I've heard that it is an experience of a lifetime.  I am very grateful for this trip and very proud of this accomplishment.

I am also proud to announce that Jen Cook (IFBB Fitness/Figure pro) will be helping me with my nutrition over the next eight weeks.  I am so excited to be working with her!  I've handled my training myself for the past several years, but I have always relied on someone else for nutrition and cardio advice.  To have a fellow Texan by my side as I get ready to head to Spain is very comforting.
Jodi

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 12:21:51 AM »
Jodi))
Good news! Up to a meeting in Spain!
Good Luck))

Desha

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

Krissy- Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great seeing you in NY.....you look amazing and I wish you nothing but the best. Hopefully we'll see you soon!!! BTW...thanks for pointing my name out to Troy. What are we gonna do with these men!?! LOL

genex

• Getbig III
  • check out genex magazine on FTVideo.com!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »
Desha congrats on turning pro.  Sorry I was a little zonked on Sunday morning when I saw ya - lack of sleep!

We just posted our report, photos, scoresheets etc on Monday too:

http://tour.ftvideo.com/showgal.php?g=content/genex/contests/2007/usa/4621/7_1&s=6

Desha

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 07:22:16 PM »
Thank you !!! No problem about Sunday...I think we were all running on EMPTY!!!!!!!LOL Hope to see you soon! You have some great pics on your site.

agpro

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • O.F.F Overcome Fitness Fears with Adela
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
Desha!!!

I know I told you this on Saturday night, but I am very proud and happy for you.  Remember when we first met? Wow!! Your done such an amazing work with your body.  You are such an inspiration for a lot of women out there.  Keep up the great work and can't wait to see you on your first pro debut.
Just remember mami, if you need anything just call me ok.

Love you,

Adela

Desha

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 07:21:27 PM »
Adela....thank you so much for your kind words!!!!! I do remember when we first met and it was YOU who inspired me. I look forward to seeing you soon..take care for now

xoxoxox,
Desha