Author Topic: Funny Gym Stories  (Read 2666 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Funny Gym Stories
« on: July 24, 2007, 07:39:22 PM »
OK I'll start.  This is a true story.  I will never forget it.    :D

About ten years ago, I was training at a gym in Las Vegas while I was there visiting family.

I saw a dude on the treadmill right in front of me, running his ass off on a very steep incline.  It was ridiculous...prolly one of the highest grade inclines on the machine, going about 9 mph or more.
He slipped, fell, and hit the treadmill, which shot him off the back end and he slammed into the stairmaster I was on behind him.    :o

He got up, covered in "road rash," and decided to try to play it cool...like he wasn't embarassed at all.  You all know the type...he shook it off, laughed a little with his friend who was on the teadmill next to him, and he decided that the best approach would be to run back on to the treadmill while it is going full speed uphill.
Needless to say, at that speed and with a 15 degree incline, that didn't work.  As he tried to run back up the treadmill, he missed his step or didn't catch the pace or something... :-\ 
He slipped, fell, and got shot off the back end of the treadmill and smashed into my stairmaster again.  At this point, he was bloodied on both legs and thought better of getting back on.   His friend had to stop running so that he could double over with laughter.

:D

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
Re: Funny Gym Stories
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »
This is what inspired me to start this thread... ;D

Ok, its a Sat morning, I'm in the Old Holiday in Gym in Puket (it got washed away I'm sure, tsunami).
Doing hanging leg raises on the chin bar in tight cut off blue jeans.

Theres a VERY LARGE SCANDINAVIAN dude doing sets of 4-5 reps w/ 4plates per side, Deads...

Ok, I notice this Monster is constantly catching a hard look at my package when I'm up on the bar...
I'm getting more than a little uncomfortable.... Guy is Huge.

Finally I look down and instantly remember the foggy night before, I've got a Big red perfect lipstick smooch stenciled
there where a Hot little go-go dancer grabbed a mouthfull right thru my shorts, right in the bar the night before ;D...

We both cracked up when I figured out WTF....

He, in bad Englosh - "Ya, I dont know why I keep come back Thailand. Every time I lose 20lbs and get weaker, still I keep come".

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »
My husband and I were training one evening about four years ago.  This total TOOL was there training too.  You know the type, every gym has at least one of them...short, pretty fat dude who thinks he's a real tough guy but has no idea wtf he is doing in the gym.  He talks a big talk and pretty much pwns himself every time he opens his mouth.   ::)

Anyway, we try not to make eye contact LOL and get on with our workout.  He comes over to my husband and says, "hey bro, can you spot me?"  My husband, being the nice guy that he is, says "sure dude," gives me the ole'  ::), and walks over to spot him. 

The guy is using the Smith Machine for bench pressing.  My husband is like "errm dude, you need a spot on this?"  The guy goes, "Well YEAH, I need you to kick me in the balls really hard!"   :o

we were like wtf... ??? 

LOL he didn't do it btw, as tempting as it was...that dude was the kinda guy you just didn't want to deal with on any level, even if it involved kicking him in the balls.    :D

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
 When I was going to school at Oregon State University, I was in the weight room and there were several guys in the squat rack a few feet down from where I was training shoulders. They were making all kinds of grunting and loud noises as they completed their reps. It was getting really annoying, so I walked over and said that they should put some weight on that bar if they were going to be sounding off like that. The biggest guy in the bunch retorted that he would like to see me do it! So I took the challenge. I squatted 315 for a set of 12 without a sound but my breathing. I then racked the bar, turned to look at them and said "now what?"...I walked away smirking...They were silent. Girl Power!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:23:40 AM »
I remember once doing an exercise on a roman chair (see picture). I grabbed the handles and moved myself into position while lifting my legs upward. The funny part was that some tall guy had the backside turned in the opposite position, so that my legs went higher and higher in the air and it made me do a flip while I still had my hands on the handles. Graciously I landed on both my feet, while some girl looked at the whole thing in a state of shock. I said don't you worry sweetie, this exercise is only meant for the advanced senior members of the gym, and you shouldn't try that unless you're experienced like me and only when you feel you're ready for it.    8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »
There is a father-son duo who lift in our gym.  The son is a teenager, prolly about 14 or 15, and he's kind of at that "awkward" phase where you can tell he's growing like a weed and not really comfortable with himself.  He's kind of dorky too LOL...big kid with hair like Bozo the Clown.   :D

Anyway, we always thought it was cute that the father was teaching the kid how to lift, training with him, etc.  It's a great thing to see, actually.  One day, the father/son were training legs.  The leg press machine (the sled) is right next to the door in the free weight room.  The kid was on the leg press machine, and the father was standing by, encouraging him.

The manager of the gym was showing a family of four around the gym...they were considering memberships and checking the place out.  The manager walks into the free weight room and stands with the family right inside the door, right next to the leg press machine. 

Just as the manager was saying "Here is our free weight room, and here is the leg equipment..." the kid decides to do his set. 
He unhooks the sled, lets the weight come down, and then presses out the BIGGEST, LOUDEST, NASTIEST fart while doing his first rep. 

Needless to say, the family decided to look at some other gyms in the area.    :D