Author Topic: snatch and power clean form  (Read 1549 times)

theoperator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
snatch and power clean form
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
hi im playin football this year and the four main lifts we do are: squat, bench, clean, and snatch. i think i have reallly good form on bench and squat but not on clean or snatch and its bringing me down.

im trying to make the 1000 lb. club at school which is the people whos four lifts i mentioned add up to 1000 lbs. but i dont think ill get there if i dont get the form down really good.

the coaches at my school dont really stress form very much, they show u how to do it and even if it looks bad theyre just like yep thats good.

ive been watchin alot of olympic vids on youtube to try and learn things but i was wonderin if anyone has any good tips that helped them out with there form or any pieces of advice that might help me.

o ya im 6'2" 190        clean: 175         snatch:125 but im trying today for 135 so Ill see how it goes.

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
Re: snatch and power clean form
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »
it's just practice.  I guess work on keeping weight close to your body on the pull, alot of people tend to swing the weight away from their bodies on the pull.  keep your grip loose.  work on getting your elbows up on the clean.  practice alot of partial movments to get strength like.  overhead squats, hang cleans, high pulls.  that's all i remember.
I'm Nick's role model!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: snatch and power clean form
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6529481301858251744&q=The+FitCast&hl=en

This is a link for a vid on how to perform a proper Oly Squat which will give you a good base for all Oly lifts. Its all pretty much the same at the bottom of the movement. Its long but watch it and practice along with it and you should start to see what the form is all about.

Hope this helps.