Author Topic: Croach has got it so right......drug use...  (Read 1223 times)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Croach has got it so right......drug use...
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
This is an article concerning drug use in cycling but there were tidbits that I found extremely pertinent to drug use in bodybuilding.

http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200311/200311_drug_test_1.html

ONCE I STARTED THE DECA, I didn't even think about lifting weights. I wanted to get stronger, not bigger. Within two weeks, the pain I felt in my left knee after 100 miles or so—100 was now just a standard ride—went away, coming back only on the most brutal hills. My shoulder felt much better. And then one morning I stepped on the scale.

Two hundred and nine pounds.

I was stunned. I'd never weighed this much. When I first saw Dr. Jones, I weighed 195, which was high for me.

"What's the problem?" Dr. Jones demanded when I told him I was freaking out over the weight gain. He had me stand on a machine that measured body weight and fat. I weighed 207, but my body fat had dropped to 6.5 percent, down from 10 percent.

"Don't give me this you're-getting-fat crap," he said in an exasperated tone. "You sound like some teenage girl. You've lost six pounds of fat and gained 12 of muscle. That's why you're heavier. And like I told you, the Deca supersaturates the muscle cells with fluid. That's one of the reasons your joints feel better."

At this point my little adventure started to feel pretty creepy, as if there were something inside my body taking over. Which, in a way, there was. I was getting big without trying. When I went for ocean swims, I had trouble getting into my wetsuit. I didn't look cut, though—it was more of a puffy, rounded bigness, making me look like a shorter version of Shaq. Without a jump shot. I did my final 600K qualifying ride for Paris-Brest-Paris on June 15, out of Princeton, New Jersey. This was 200 kilometers farther than I'd ever ridden. By now my HGH levels were 20 percent higher than when I'd started. My testosterone was 300 percent higher. My hematocrit level hovered around 50 percent. I weighed 205—a ten-pound gain—but my body fat was the lowest it had ever been.

Besides, on a fundamental level, drugs ruin the simple joy of competition. With drugs in the mix, it's not about the athletes, it's about the chemistry.

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Croach has got it so right......drug use...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:48:47 AM »
All that, and then he got deca dick too...   :(

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 05:19:01 AM »
This is a hardcore bbdg forum. Performance enhancing drugs are a part of the game. If people don't like it they should leave. Case closed.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 06:06:41 AM »
playboy is the biggest illegal substance rationalizer on this board
$

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
playboy is the biggest illegal substance rationalizer on this board
Not at all. I just think its pathetic that self rightious people like you and croatch think you have the right to pass judgement and tell other people what they should and shouldn't do in life. Thats all. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »
Steroid use is a small drop in the bucket compared to the widespread use of rec drugs, alcohol, pain killers, over the counter meds and ciggerettes that people use and abuse on a regular bases in this world. If your going to carve roid use then make sure you carve the above substances abused mentioned. Don't be biased. And just to educate you, 1 Tylenol/Advil/Asperin that you would use to cure a simple headache is 10 times more toxic then 1cc of any AAS. Don't confuse steroid use and steroid abuse. Too much of anything is not good for the human body.