Author Topic: Holocaust  (Read 603 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Holocaust
« on: July 26, 2007, 11:03:15 AM »
Had a chance to visit the Holocaust Museum in D.C.  Powerful.  I've read about the Holocaust, know the facts, etc., but spending four hours walking through the museum really showed me how horrific the Holocaust was.  It is alarming that the world stood by and watched while Hitler:

- horded Jews into ghettos
- shut down Jewish businesses
- made Jews wear clothing with a "Jew" label to identify them
- rounded up and murdered over 1 million Jewish children
- rounded up and murdered thousands of mentally disabled people, solely because they were disabled
- did experiments trying to show the superiority of certain segments of the white race and sterilized those who didn't fit the criteria, including taking measurements of a person's facial features to determine whether they were candidates for sterilization
- used Jews as guinea pigs, killing them in the process, to improve various conditions for German soldiers
- made thousands of Jews dig their own mass graves before shooting them
- murdered and dismembered thousands of Jews and performed "scientific research"
- murdered thousands in gas chambers
- murdered over 6 million Jews for the sole crime of being Jewish

It is something I'll never forget.  Hitler and the Germans were just pure evil.  It has really caused me to stop and reconsider whether the U.S. should be the "world's policeman."  I really question whether we should allow something like this to happen anywhere in the world, whether that is Iraq, Africa, Asia, etc. 

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Holocaust
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »
That was the one museum I missed when the wife and I honeymooned in DC.  The Smithsonian tour is the finest around.  Best vacation of my life.

While all aspects of holocaust are horrifying, the scientific research portion is chilling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »
That was the one museum I missed when the wife and I honeymooned in DC.  The Smithsonian tour is the finest around.  Best vacation of my life.

While all aspects of holocaust are horrifying, the scientific research portion is chilling.

You should go.  I only had time for one tour and I chose that one over The International Spy Museum.  It really had a profound impact on me, just like everyone who has gone told me it would. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
I'm going to take my kids when they are old enough to understand.  I want them to realize what people are capable of if the world just sits back on their heels and watches. 

I've watched documentaries, and it's very mournful to watch.   :'(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »
Thats what happens when nobody cares and stops looking at people like human beings. Any time people bitch about Israel, they should look at the holocaust and ask themselves why they do what they do.
L